Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2014 11:39:40 AM EDT
Is the Vortex Viper PST 1-4 Mrad FFP? Im looking for a 1-4 FFP Mrad scope in the 4-$600 range. Does anyone have any opinions on this particular scope or any other comparable ones.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:54:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't believe the Viper is a FFP scope.  Someone will be along shortly to correct me if I'm wrong though.  I did a quick search and the only FFP Vipers I saw were the higher magnification ones.  The reviews I've seen on the 1-4 Viper have all been outstanding for the price range of the scope, many comparing it to the $1000 models.  I'm really not sure what is offered in that price range that would be FFP.

Hope that helps some

eta: my search was on the 1-4 scopes and nothing I saw said either way whether they were first or second FP except for the higher mag scopes which DID say they were FFP
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Not FFP, and its a great scope for the money, but the illumination is only usable in shade or at night. I had one for a lil while but wanted something more rugged and sold it, but that does not mean its not rugged. It just was not the bombproof ruggedness I wanted in a 1-4.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not FFP, and its a great scope for the money, but the illumination is only usable in shade or at night. I had one for a lil while but wanted something more rugged and sold it, but that does not mean its not rugged. It just was not the bombproof ruggedness I wanted in a 1-4.
View Quote

Juke what did you end up going with?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

So, which 1-4 is more bombproof, and what are the weak points of the Vortex?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:45:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nightforce, Elcan, VCOG, Leupold, but those are all out of my price range which is why I went with a Eotech G33 magnifier.

Weak points are daytime illumination with some fisheye on 1x, and even then its still a great entry lvl 1-4. The reticle is too fine to range with as well, but I use holds anyways.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I went with a red dot magnifier combo(Aimpoint T1/Eotech G33), cause I highly dislike eye relief on 1x, and the 1-4/1-6 with the best features all cost over $1000 bucks.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:19:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nightforce, Elcan, VCOG, Leupold, but those are all out of my price range which is why I went with a Eotech G33 magnifier.  

Weak points are daytime illumination with some fisheye on 1x, and even then its still a great entry lvl 1-4. The reticle is too fine to range with as well, but I use holds anyways.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a couple of them and have had good luck. My only complaint is that the reticle is a little small for my taste. I swapped one off a 300BLK build in favor of a Leupold Mark4 BLK so Ill need to find a new host for it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top