User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2014 8:53:31 PM EDT
Nea or yea?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I just bought one. Seems to work fine. No issues. I have yet to remove and remount it to check if it holds Zero.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got my first one a few months ago, I seem to be having trouble getting it to return to zero. I've got a 1-4x in it and you can see the scope to front sight alingment change if I don't help it recenter, it just needs to be in the right spot before you clamp it. it is pretty heavy, don't think I'll buy another but it works
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:01:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Works good enough for most people. I don't believe it is advertised as a RTZ mount though I had good luck with mine. They were on sale and had a rebate recently making them $50 at PSA.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Based on all of the above that's kind of what I expected. So, RTZ is important so I'll save for a better QD. Thanks for feedback
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one with low expectations.

Sucker RTZ's every time!

I just push it forward in the rail and clamp.

Definitely not a LaRue.  But I apparently got a good one.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sucker RTZ's every time!

View Quote

What scope are you running. If it won't rtz then I have no use for it , at any price .
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:34:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I liked mine. Returned to zero everytime for me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought one of these at first thinking that I didn't need to spend some money on a QD mount. Boy was I wrong, couldn't get this thing to stay zeroed with my scope no matter how tight I had it on the rail. It was a waste of money on top of the ammo I wasted. It was terrible. I ended up getting an American Defense mount and I am totally happy with it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#9]
PEPR is a decent mount, but its quality doesn't really compare to the high end stuff. Neither does its price. PEPR QD has worked well for me on some rough hog hunts, but I rarely remove it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 2:13:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine seems to work OK, when mounting it it took a bit of messing around to get it to mount properly.
I had to slowly tighten each nut until the lever held the scope tightly and then do the same with the other throw lever.
I had some zero issues until I noticed that only one lever held it real tight, the other was only snug and you could get it to move by pushing on it.
Be careful with the adjustments, there are reports of damaging the mount by clamping the lever without the nut being centered over a pin cutout.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I did pick one up  and been pretty satisfied so for. But you're right, mounting was a little tricky. Maybe most are like that, idk.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#12]
If you need MOA or sub MOA return to zero, get a mount that does that:   LaRue, ADM, Bobro, et cetera.   PEPR might or might not.  You don't want to encounter the "might not" when it really matters.

I have both LaRue and ADM QDs and both hold well within 1 MOA after regular removal and replacement.  I swap pre-sighted optics on the same rifle regularly for different missions and carry a back up pre-sighted optic in the event of a failure.   These two companies can be absolutely trusted.   So can Bobro, by all accounts, although I have no personal experience with their products.

I like LaRue if the optic is heavy and needs dual levers and more rail slots and tend to favor ADM when a single lever design is needed.   But both companies make mounts both ways, depending on your mounting needs.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Including price, yep can't compare. I figured give it a shot, with it being discounted heavily from psa and the rebate it was cheap. Maybe because that's why it was a non pricey mount. it may stay permanent mounted on one rifle. As I said , if I can't trust it , I don't need it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What scope are you running. If it won't rtz then I have no use for it , at any price .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sucker RTZ's every time!

Burris TAC 30
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#15]
It's ok but the sucker is pretty heavy.  Looking to sell it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:59:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Sold mine because it was heavy and getting it off wasn't the easiest thing. Greasy hands = not getting that sucker off. I'd rather get a Aero precision light weight non qd moutn now-a-days
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top