Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2014 9:22:05 PM EDT
In a thread someone posted a link to the http://www.qualityoptics.net/ website the prices are excellent, but the website was just registered this year.  Anybody heard of them or done business with them?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Hadn't heard of them until you posted.

Their prices are staggeringly low... makes one suspicious.

I'd likewise love to hear from anyone who's done business with them. I'm in the market for a scope that normally retails for $400, and their price is $277. Looks too good to be true.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#2]
IF I knew they were legit I would drop some dollars on them.  The deals are great.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:47:34 AM EDT
[#3]
They seem new on the block. I bought a scope from them, it seemed like a good deal. I also bought some mounting rings but then they contacted and me and said the mounting rings were out of stock.. bummer. Their site says liquidation sale so maybe they are going out of business,  I don't know.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They seem new on the block. I bought a scope from them, it seemed like a good deal. I also bought some mounting rings but then they contacted and me and said the mounting rings were out of stock.. bummer. Their site says liquidation sale so maybe they are going out of business,  I don't know.
View Quote

Did the scope show up?

This is the owner

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alex-roseland/54/b6b/1b9

Highly educational videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2q-xtC0AXvoDg_8IxRnRXQ

Not sure if I want to send a lot of money to this guy...

However--they have the website, facebook, twitter, linked in, and a youtube channel. Maybe worth a shot.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Rosland has a presence on the internet.  I would take a chance on him if I had more third person reports.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Rosland has a presence on the internet.  I would take a chance on him if I had more third person reports.
View Quote

Agreed his acog prices are the best.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#7]
anyone else have some insight on this website?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:35:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Did the scope show up?

This is the owner

However--they have the website, facebook, twitter, linked in, and a youtube channel. Maybe worth a shot.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did the scope show up?

This is the owner

Most of his videos are of him at home or outside at a range. It's not a professional video like you'd find at other big companies. To me this site seems suspecious. While it looks good, anyone can take a web template and fill it out.

To me, I say it's best to avoid anything you can't verify.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#9]
here is a review for qualityoptics.net http://onenews.co/index.php/featured/76-qualityoptics-net-review

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:15:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn, that acog price is rediculous, is this place legit???  I'll throw down some money if it is.  

I'm just skeptical because they have acog stuff right next to ncstar stuff, and i'm afraid of it being a chinese knockoff.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:54:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Hard to believe on those acog prices.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:17:10 AM EDT
[#12]
When I get home I'm going to check if you can check out with PayPal. If so I'll bite. If not I'm checking up on consumer protectios with my credit card company. If they say it would be covered in the event it's a scam or counterfeit, I'll go for it
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:18:09 AM EDT
[#13]
they don't accept paypal which isn't a good sign since paypal offers arguably the best consumer protection for online shopping, since everything is tied to confirmed bank accounts.

guess i'll end up calling the credit card company in the morning and finding out if they've got my back in the event that the site is bogus.

just found this http://snipershide.scout.com/forums/5511-rifle-scopes/13285161-anyone-ordered-from-qualityoptics-net-never-mind-out-of-biz?s=541
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:57:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Sketchy.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:11:49 AM EDT
[#15]
subscribing for more info, I'm shopping for a new ACOG at the moment...
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Keep in mind the mark up on optics is ridiculous, a "good" price usually means you just get ripped off a little less.  That said not much is known about this site, I'd just wait for black friday to look for semi decent prices on optics, I wouldn't even consider buying one outside of a holiday "sale" as I know the "regular" price is really the doink me in the ass price.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Keep in mind the mark up on optics is ridiculous, a "good" price usually means you just get ripped off a little less.  That said not much is known about this site, I'd just wait for black friday to look for semi decent prices on optics, I wouldn't even consider buying one outside of a holiday "sale" as I know the "regular" price is really the doink me in the ass price.
View Quote

This is true. And due to manufactured approved pricing, it stays that way. This sites advertised price was always below map. Which makes me wonder who was supplying acog scopes to them. I doubt trijicon would be dealing with them since the prices would be devaluing them in the market place.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Hmmmmmm

Too good to be true?

I wonder if Trijicon would confirm if it's an authorized dealer?  I'd want something like that before I committed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:42:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I sent an email inquiry to the main address yesterday, received an automated reply that they would get back in touch with me. I tried calling around 530pm EST, went to a voicemail after a few rings with a message indicating it was "Quality Optics." I did not leave a message, but will try to get ahold of them again Friday.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Leupold - Mark 6 Riflescope 1-6x20mm M6C1 Matte illuminated TMR for $1350 ... an ACOG TA33GH for $691  pretty damned incredible pricing. If i could be sure i would snap up an ACOG
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:14:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Did anyone try this site out yet? Since I'm online shopping today and all... wouldn't mind a Bushnell DMR...
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:44:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Did anyone try this site out yet? Since I'm online shopping today and all... wouldn't mind a Bushnell DMR...
View Quote

I didn't get answers via email or phone.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#23]
So no joy?

Sniper Hide says they went out of business, yet there is a "BlackFriday" deal going on?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 9:34:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Bump. Any reviews on this site?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Couldn't you get SWFA to price match?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Tag for info.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Being that this thread was started in September and no one has been able to report anything does not bode well. These guys have been saying liquidation sale since then and the only review is from a BS news website. If the prices are too good to be true then they probably are, I think QualityOptics.net has scam written all over it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Being that this thread was started in September and no one has been able to report anything does not bode well. These guys have been saying liquidation sale since then and the only review is from a BS news website. If the prices are too good to be true then they probably are, I think QualityOptics.net has scam written all over it.
View Quote

Agreed.

I have an email into Trijicon. I'll report back.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Agreed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

I was thinking of calling Trijicon.  The only problem is that if they are incorporated under another name that holds the account with Trijicon, they may have no idea what you're talking about... I was also thinking of contacting bigcommerce.com, the e-commerce platform they use...
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd be happy just finding out if they were an authorized reseller. Trijicon should be able to verify that.

Quoted:

I was thinking of calling Trijicon.  The only problem is that if they are incorporated under another name that holds the account with Trijicon, they may have no idea what you're talking about... I was also thinking of contacting bigcommerce.com, the e-commerce platform they use...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'd be happy just finding out if they were an authorized reseller. Trijicon should be able to verify that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

I called them, and they were unable to verify anything.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for trying...
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was just thinking that
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I was just thinking that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was just thinking that

I've had zero luck with SWFA matching pricing since my submitted retailers were web-based.   SWFA only matches against stores, not websites like EuroOptics, Midway,etc.  This is the "store" requirement from their guarantee:

The item must be in stock and available for purchase at that price from a company (excluding wholesale or membership clubs) with a physical store location in the U.S. who is authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#35]
they are a scam OR a very ambitious company that is no longer around.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:12:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
here is a review for qualityoptics.net http://onenews.co/index.php/featured/76-qualityoptics-net-review

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/VortexSam/StrikeFireonAR-15-9378_SM.jpg

View Quote

IN
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I tried to IM alex451 about his experience with qualityoptics.net, but he isn't accepting IMs.

Has anyone found out any more details about this place?
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I tried to IM alex451 about his experience with qualityoptics.net, but he isn't accepting IMs.

Has anyone found out any more details about this place?
View Quote

The business address is a low end apartment complex in Denver. They have not replied to emails.  I haven't heard of one successful purchase to date.  

Too good to be true it appears.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Sounds like it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your interest in Trijicon products. We are only able to state that the referenced retailer does not purchase directly from Trijicon Inc, and we would recommending looking for consumer reviews. Please contact us if we can assist in another capacity.

Regards
Trijicon Customer Service
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Just read this post.  I found the Quality Optics web site this week and tried to purchase A Sightron scope.  At check out it would not accept my credit card, I then tried calling them and just got a message ti leave a message.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:16:36 AM EDT
[#42]
http://onenews.co/index.php/featured/28-articles/reviews/76-qualityoptics-net-review
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
http://onenews.co/index.php/featured/28-articles/reviews/76-qualityoptics-net-review
View Quote

YEah, but when is that from?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top