Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Mako -

Still no luck with a 100 lumen tac light.  Might it be defective?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I figured out a pretty simple solution.  I'm worried about reticle washout at night, with a weaponlight, indoors.  My home is pitch black at night, so I must use a weaponlight.  Well, since I have to use a light anyway, why not use the light to both light my target AND illuminate the side of the M21, hitting some of the collectors?  

Here's what I rigged up:

Top-down view.  Used a VTAC offset flashlight mount behind the mepro and in front of the magnifier mounts.  You can see where it puts the light in relation to the fiber optic collectors.

This actually works GREAT!  I still get the 300 Lumens from my Surefire 6PX, and the reticle is neon, blazing orange, no issue with washout, whatsoever.....did I mention the reticle looks awesome through a magnifier?

It's definitely Jerry-rigged right now.  I'll play around with other options, but works great for right now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Seriously hope this is not your HD weapon......
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seriously hope this is not your HD weapon......
View Quote

Why's that?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:02:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I figured out a pretty simple solution.  I'm worried about reticle washout at night, with a weaponlight, indoors.  My home is pitch black at night, so I must use a weaponlight.  Well, since I have to use a light anyway, why not use the light to both light my target AND illuminate the side of the M21, hitting some of the collectors?  

Here's what I rigged up:
http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t540/bradwalters/IMG_1108_zps70c6d8f4.jpg

Top-down view.  Used a VTAC offset flashlight mount behind the mepro and in front of the magnifier mounts.  You can see where it puts the light in relation to the fiber optic collectors.
http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t540/bradwalters/IMG_1109_zps9303ffc1.jpg

This actually works GREAT!  I still get the 300 Lumens from my Surefire 6PX, and the reticle is neon, blazing orange, no issue with washout, whatsoever.....did I mention the reticle looks awesome through a magnifier?

It's definitely Jerry-rigged right now.  I'll play around with other options, but works great for right now.
View Quote

Not a bad idea.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:44:38 PM EDT
[#7]
apparently the guy above you doesn't think so....
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:54:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't mind him, he likes to troll. Personally I think it's a great idea.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:26:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Troll no. Serious user yes. No jerry rigged, low end, optics for me. Seen too many struggle with Trijicon and Meprolight reflex type optics in many carbine classes, both in the multitude I've attended as well as classes I've put on. Neat idea but the concept has too many issues for all around practical use (research the web). Using yet another device (i.e. a flashlight) to make this device work is now adding two points of possible failure. If a weapon is a going to be a true defensive platform, don't experiment with your life (or family's life) at stake. Go with battlefield proven technology like Aimpoint. Yes, the low cost fanboys will have issue with this statement, but why risk it?

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:56:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Low-cost?  It's a $500 optic.  
"Using yet another device".  So your HD weapon doesn't have a light?  You must have either unlimited funds to buy night vision or you're part cat and can see in the dark.  It's not adding another device.  It's simply moving the location of the an existing device.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:49:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:04:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Cant argue with pics above...I think Im in love!
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#14]
The Israelis also uses tavors proving that they don't always use the best technologies. Remember the Uzi? It took them years to figure that one out. If you are trying to compare those low end meprolight sites to Aimpoint, don't even bother to attempt to rationalize as to why someone would chose a meprolight over an Aimpoint. I realize as a dealer of low end aftermarket items you need to try and sell items to low end users, but don't attempt to make a pearl out of a turd.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:19:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:33:36 PM EDT
[#17]
He's a troll.  Lol. No other explanation for his idiocy.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:55:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The Israelis also uses tavors proving that they don't always use the best technologies. Remember the Uzi? It took them years to figure that one out. If you are trying to compare those low end meprolight sites to Aimpoint, don't even bother to attempt to rationalize as to why someone would chose a meprolight over an Aimpoint. I realize as a dealer of low end aftermarket items you need to try and sell items to low end users, but don't attempt to make a pearl out of a turd.

View Quote

You've proved that your posts are nothing more than blind hate and from the point of ignorance already, but this post seals the deal.

The Israelis used the M16 / M4 family of weapons for years. The shortcomings of the AR family led them top develop their own service weapon to replace it. The result was the Tavor.

If the AR family was better, they would have simply ordered more of them, but they didn't.

Aimpoint isn't the be all end all. It's a simple LED, simple to make, simple to make extended battery life, yet they charge two arms and three legs for it. Guess what, they still fail. My best friend had one fail in combat. It wasn't hit hard, or hit at all, and was new issue to him. The electronics failed, and in fact, quite a few failed on the range and in combat.

No electronics on the M21 to fail.

No optic is perfect, and I've owned Aimpoint, and constantly had to adjust the setting depending on light conditions. The M21 is damn near perfect in any condition other than one, and generally of you're  moving at all, it won't be a problem, or, if you have an M4, your front sight is there, or you can put or leave up you back up front sight and there is no issue.

The M21 is faster on target and better in every way than the Aimpoint in 90 % of it's use.

The Aimpoint is a great optic, and for some, it's their best option, same with the Eotech, but the M21 is the equal of the two.

The Eotech is faster on target and better in every way than the Aimpoint other than battery life, and the M21 matches the Eotech, but in having no batteries, it beats both there.

For me, it exceeds them both, which is why I sold my Aimpont years ago in 2005 and switched to Eotechs, and was happy with them. Then a year or so ago, I bought an M21 to try out, and it was so good, I sold the Eotech.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:36:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Man where's the

When you need it???
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#21]

LOL that's some funny shit!  He will keep pushing buttons til he get's this thread locked, so we need to just ignore him or at least be careful and not do any name calling.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

LOL that's some funny shit!  He will keep pushing buttons til he get's this thread locked, so we need to just ignore him or at least be careful and not do any name calling.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No, this is a tech / industry forum,. The mods need to do their job and lock him out.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top