User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:36:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Has anyone put it through any paces yet? High round count class etc?
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has anyone put it through any paces yet? High round count class etc?
View Quote

On another forum someone had put it on a full auto and it held up to many mag dumps with no issues.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Good Morning,

I don't think you have to worry about the backorder. An expedited shipment of RDS units is scheduled to arrive today.

Cheers,
Mark S.

Follow us on Twitter @themakogroup123
View Quote

Ordered mine on 11/30 and still awaiting backorder... Any eta for the next shipment?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:30:22 PM EDT
[#4]
The particular IDF holster website is taking the actual 30% discount about their site right now. I ordered one the couple hours ago. The particular checkout shows the actual 30% lower price however the invoice does not. Not necessarily worried compensated using a credit card.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:41:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered on 11/27.  Still on backorder for me as well.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the one I ordered from 7.62 precision well before thanksgiving on Saturday.  I ordered one for my son's rifle from IDF holsters on 11/28, it went from awaiting backordered item to pending today.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:06:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I got an email yesterday that my credit card was charged. No shipping info yet but hopefully that means I'll have it soon.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:58:51 AM EDT
[#8]
The deal is good, shipments tend to be within or perhaps coming within, and will probably be coming within steadily heading forward also, as the actual importer features a schedule for these types of sights for that foreseeable long term. Almost all associated with our customer's orders is going to be honored and fulfilled - we have got already paid out with regard to them, as well as they are going to become shipped through the actual importer when these people obtain back within right after the actual holiday.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quote taken from the other thread.

Quoted:
Good Morning,

If you have not received it yet, you should in the near future. While returning from a road trip I stopped by the Mako office and they had received a shipment and were repacking and sending out. Unfortunately, it is time consuming as it is done one at a time.  I know waiting sucks, but hang in there. The RDS is worth it.

Mark S.
The Mako Group
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:12:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered on 11/26 and just received an e-mail showing that it shipped today. The invoice reflects the 30% discount and the correct price.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I got an email yesterday that my credit card was charged. No shipping info yet but hopefully that means I'll have it soon.
View Quote

I got this notification yesterday also. It did show the 30% discounted price.

Looking forward to testing this bad boy.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:10:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Good Morning,

If you have not received it yet, you should in the near future. While returning from a road trip I stopped by the Mako office and they had received a shipment and were repacking and sending out. Unfortunately, it is time consuming as it is done one at a time.  I know waiting sucks, but hang in there. The RDS is worth it.

Mark S.
The Mako Group

Thanks! Mine also changed to pending last night. hopefully they will ship it soon.... Leaving to visit parents for christmas in a few days...
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Lower 1/3 co-witness? I'll pass.

I would assume that someone will eventually come up with some device to fix to the receiver rail and then mount the integrated rail adapter to that to provide a higher riding optic - thus: absolute co-witness.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I would assume that someone will eventually come up with some device to fix to the receiver rail and then mount the integrated rail adapter to that to provide a higher riding optic - thus: absolute co-witness.
View Quote
For absolute co-witness, the optic would have to be lower, not higher.

What, exactly, do you gain from an absolute co-witness, over lower-third?

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Man it sucks that MAKO would put its distributors in this position--having a sale one place that beats another distributor's price by over $100.  This shouldn't be allowed to happen to a small distributor.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why? Absolute is super cluttered and in the event your dot  goes down your irons still work with the optic on your rail.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Why? Absolute is super cluttered and in the event your dot  goes down your irons still work with the optic on your rail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can only assume absolute is for those with both folding front and rear sights, otherwise I'm with you.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I ordered on 11/26 and just received an e-mail showing that it shipped today. The invoice reflects the 30% discount and the correct price.
View Quote

same here
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:02:05 AM EDT
[#19]
i'm such an ass for not reading the manual.

finally got home to my new toys.  tru dot being one of them.

anyway, i was looking through it and kept saying to myself, why is the dot so low, as in, the sight had to be 45 degrees up to see the red dot
i kept spinning the elevation knob in both directions, with little to no change.

then i looked at the other end, then i was wondering why that was dead center.

oops.  i had mistakenly assumed that the battery side should be facing me.    anyway, will try to zero it soon and do some shooting.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Don't feel bad, I made the same mistake on my Vortex Spitfire 1x. "WHY WON'T IT ZERO?"
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I received mine two days ago. First impressions are it is a solidly built RDS, the dot looks good, and the operation is simple. The Black Friday deal was awesome.

Mine has a very visible ding in the anodizing on the front left corner exposing the bare aluminum. The photo was taken right out of the box. I don't really plan on making an issue of it, but I am surprised it was sent out like this. Where is my black Sharpie?

There is only 1 ding (left) and the flash reflection (right).
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#22]
How has the IDF tested this unit? It's their optic, correct?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#23]
If Mepro makes an extended hood version, will they sell just an extended hood to replace the original hood?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
By the way, I am passing on all of the feedback from you guys to Meprolight.  

Meprolight constantly works on advancing their optics, so your concerns, suggestions, and ideas will all be considered by Meprolight as they work on future revisions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did some experimenting. If the hood was about 1/2" longer toward the front to shade the prism, this would go away .
I also didn't find it objectionable.
By the way, I am passing on all of the feedback from you guys to Meprolight.  

Meprolight constantly works on advancing their optics, so your concerns, suggestions, and ideas will all be considered by Meprolight as they work on future revisions.

If Mepro makes an extended hood version, will they sell just an extended hood to replace the original hood?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:04:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm eager to get feedback how it does on the range. I'm not going to get to play with mine (RDS that is) until mid-October. This whole j-o-b stuff is a pain! As soon as EBT cards are approved for gun/ammo purchases, I'm quitting my job and signing up!!!
View Quote

View Quote

i guess in my state this is actually already legal.  or at least it was, not sure if it passed or not.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/09/democrat-lawmaker-bla
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How has the IDF tested this unit? It's their optic, correct?
View Quote

Have you read through this thread yet?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I can only assume absolute is for those with both folding front and rear sights, otherwise I'm with you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I prefer absolute cowitness with folding sights and is the main reason i wont try this RDS... although it looks like a very good deal at $280
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Yep, I prefer absolute cowitness with folding sights and is the main reason i wont try this RDS... although it looks like a very good deal at $280
View Quote
Again, why?

People keep saying this but never give a reason. It is preference - no one is right or wrong for preferring one over another, but I find it interesting that people who prefer lower third are generally ok with absolute as well, while those who prefer absolute seem to be so, well, absolute in their preference, yet no one ever says why. I am interested to see if anyone knows why (there are reasons for both ways).

So, why is it that you prefer an absolute cowitness?

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 5:37:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Because if you have an astigmatism, if you use an absolute mount and you look through the rear sight, it cleans up the dot and it is now a dot and not a blur.

Also if you have had a neck or shoulder injury, it may be more comfortable to have the dot sit lower.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

People keep saying this but never give a reason. It is preference - no one is right or wrong for preferring one over another, but I find it interesting that people who prefer lower third are generally ok with absolute as well, while those who prefer absolute seem to be so, well, absolute in their preference, yet no one ever says why. I am interested to see if anyone knows why (there are reasons for both ways).

So, why is it that you prefer an absolute cowitness?

Because if you have an astigmatism, if you use an absolute mount and you look through the rear sight, it cleans up the dot and it is now a dot and not a blur.

Also if you have had a neck or shoulder injury, it may be more comfortable to have the dot sit lower.

Yes, and I have heard that it works well for some people with astigmatism to mount an aperture on their shooting glasses. From what i understand it can be a minor annoyance to an impossibility to use a reflex sight with astigmatism, depending on the individual.

However, when I use iron sights with this sight, I still find the reticle lines up with the iron sights, just lower in the glass.

Also, while the best fighting stances generally keep the rifle high and head up, a lot of people shoot with different stances that may feel awkward if the face is not as low as possible.

It is my opinion that most people will do just as well with either, with some advantages toward lower-third on an AR. I can shoot both ways interchangeably, just as well either way.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 8:59:09 AM EDT
[#33]

now i know why i thought it was backwards ...

my last sight was the mepro m21 :)

adjusting the QD screws are a bit hard, since i use pliers (both short and long) and i don't have that size wrench.  IMO, if the hex nut was used, then an open wrench should have been included.

that said, i've been buying sights and keeping the best (for me).  i think this these two will be among those that stay.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 4:46:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm eager to get feedback how it does on the range. I'm not going to get to play with mine (RDS that is) until mid-October. This whole j-o-b stuff is a pain! As soon as EBT cards are approved for gun/ammo purchases, I'm quitting my job and signing up!!!
View Quote

View Quote

i guess in my state this is actually already legal.  or at least it was, not sure if it passed or not.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/09/democrat-lawmaker-bla
View Quote

Need a roommate? Lol. I guess I feel "entitled" for the gov't to pay for my bad habits - guns, ammo, optics, etc. Maybe that "free" obamacare care will cover the cost of my shrink as well.

Seriously though, this RDS is sweet. I have only been out once to zero and put a few mags down range. It was quick and easy. I did experience the starburst effect on the brightest setting, but I do have a strong astigmatism. I like the dimmer dot as it appears smaller to the eye anyway. It was great for quickly acquiring targets with both eyes open. The large FOV seemed to compliment this. At the range I found several clay pigeons (approx 4.5in diameter) on the ground that were still good. I hung them out at 25 yards. I was able to transition from a patrol ready position and successfully engage without hesitation to hit the clays each time. It was a sunny day and temp was in the low 30's. I feel confident with this tank mounted to my LE6920 for CQC use. I ordered thru 762 Precision with no issues. I ordered and received my aluminum hood in the 200's range serial number back in September. It would've been nice to get that BF deal, but I'm not going to complain about the sub $400 RDS I am happy to own!

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top