Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:09:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Just noticed that Midway has them as well.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.idfholsters.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1077210
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:32:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, since nobody else asked: Is there going to be BF or CM sale on these things
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:40:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok, since nobody else asked: Is there going to be BF or CM sale on these things
View Quote

Mako Group announced a 30%-off BF weekend sale, I think it might apply to their sister site IDF Holsters mentioned above.
Tomac

ETA: This just in from Mako Group:

Great News For Black Friday! Starting Thursday at 12:01 a.m., The Mako Group is offering 30% off on ALL products. The RDS will really have a great price. Use Promo Code BFTAKE30.

Happy Thanksgiving from Mako Group,

Mark S.
The Mako Group
www.themakogroup.com
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:12:08 PM EDT
[#5]
For those that have orders that have not been fulfilled (been over a month), I asked if the discount would be applied? No response.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:18:19 AM EDT
[#6]
The IDF holster site is taking the 30% discount on their web site now. I ordered one a couple hours ago. The checkout shows the 30% discount but the invoice doesn't. Not worried paid with a credit card.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:03:35 AM EDT
[#7]
After no response from 7.62, I sent an email requesting a cancellation to the order. Didn't hear anything back on that today as well. Looks like I'm left to working it through my CC company for a charge back as the item has been paid for a month. Didn't want to do that hoping we could work it out with minimum impact to anyone. Disappointed, but I know with Thanksgiving tomorrow, they are probable busyl
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:22:49 AM EDT
[#8]
You emailed after 9 pm. We are a very small company, and cannot respond 24 hrs a day, and were out today, and will be tomorrow and Friday as well. We are also in the middle of changing locations.
We are very sorry for the delay on these sights. For us as well as for you it was completely unexpected. Please keep in mind that we are invested in these sights just like you are, and we committed to order these sights based on your orders. Each chargeback costs us at least $50 in the end, and in total, we lose over $100 above the cost of the sight and shipping on each chargeback.
At this point, due first to the number of customers to whom we already shipped sights, but who kept the sights and ran chargebacks, and now the number of customers who are running chargebacks to reorder from Mako at their sale price, we are unsure if we can stay in business. We do not currently have the available funds to cover such a loss as it is hitting us when we just invested tens of thousands in a new location.
Even if we run refunds for everyone so they can order at Mako's sale price, the funds will not post to most customers' bank accounts prior to the end of the sale.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#9]
if you ordered it ,you should pay for it!if you wanted a black friday deal, you should have waited till black friday!!!just my 2 cents worth.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
if you ordered it ,you should pay for it!if you wanted a black friday deal, you should have waited till black friday!!!just my 2 cents worth.
View Quote

You are right. I deliberately waiting several weeks before I placed on order for the tru dot rds (or pro) to see what sort of sales would pop up.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I am in for 3
Ordered one at full price and 2 on the black Friday sale!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We are very sorry for the delay on these sights. For us as well as for you it was completely unexpected.
View Quote

I ordered one of the aluminum hood versions in early-October, and am willing to wait, but your post was less than encouraging. Did the anticipated Meprolight shipment mentioned in your November 5th email to customers take place?

I fully understand international shipments and customs delays, but if the deal, or your business circumstances, are FUBAR'd. Please let us know.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#13]
The deal is good, shipments are in or coming in, and will be coming in steadily going forward as well, as the importer has a schedule for these sights for the foreseeable future. All of our customer's orders will be honored and fulfilled - we have already paid for them, and they will be shipped by the importer when they get back in after the holiday.

The problem for us is that by the time we get word of the chargebacks from our CC processor, the sights will all be shipped, and so far, with all the chargebacks we have received on these sights, we have not received one sight back from a customer. In every case, the customers are keeping the sights, and getting their money back. In fact, we have one customer who said the post office did not actually deliver his sight. We shipped another at our cost, and then he ran a chargeback, so we assume he actually got two sights for free.

We have been called by customers who have told us they are running chargebacks and emailed, but we won't know who does or does not run a chargeback, or the total numbers, which we know will be much higher, until after all the sights are shipped. At this point, even with the ones we know, we are likely too late to stop the shipment of the sights. The other problem is that we have an obligation that we made to order these sights based on orders from our customers, and the importer makes decisions based in part on our orders. We cannot just back out of our commitment and ask them to refund us, it would not be right.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Those that run chargebacks and don't return the item are pieces of shit.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:20:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The deal is good, shipments are in or coming in, and will be coming in steadily going forward as well, as the importer has a schedule for these sights for the foreseeable future. All of our customer's orders will be honored and fulfilled.
View Quote

That's all I need to know.

As to people keeping the product and not paying for it? That and they suck. We like to think that all fellow gun owners are like us, but they're not. As the great one said - trust but verify.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The deal is good, shipments are in or coming in, and will be coming in steadily going forward as well, as the importer has a schedule for these sights for the foreseeable future. All of our customer's orders will be honored and fulfilled - we have already paid for them, and they will be shipped by the importer when they get back in after the holiday.

The problem for us is that by the time we get word of the chargebacks from our CC processor, the sights will all be shipped, and so far, with all the chargebacks we have received on these sights, we have not received one sight back from a customer. In every case, the customers are keeping the sights, and getting their money back. In fact, we have one customer who said the post office did not actually deliver his sight. We shipped another at our cost, and then he ran a chargeback, so we assume he actually got two sights for free.
We have been called by customers who have told us they are running chargebacks and emailed, but we won't know who does or does not run a chargeback, or the total numbers, which we know will be much higher, until after all the sights are shipped. At this point, even with the ones we know, we are likely too late to stop the shipment of the sights. The other problem is that we have an obligation that we made to order these sights based on orders from our customers, and the importer makes decisions based in part on our orders. We cannot just back out of our commitment and ask them to refund us, it would not be right.  
View Quote

Once you let on what the first Ahole did, and you did nothing, you started an avalanche.
Either start fraud charges or all these obama lickers will keep it up until they bankrupt you.
It's a different world with few men of honor left
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Surely there is some way to combat fraudulent charge backs?!

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:40:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Unbelievable. Sorry for how many people are low life's.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:25:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
-snip-  
View Quote

That just sucks.  I am truly sorry to read this travesty, and I hope these people have some soul and make this right.

I wish you guys the best
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 5:31:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
Working on it. There are several angles to work from, apart from the CC companies.

By the way, we are getting really good feedback from our customers about these sights. We are pretty pleased with the results. I knew they would be a hit, combining the EOTech-style design with the Aimpoint-style dot. I prefer the M21, but these are pretty hard to beat for the price. We don't make much on them, but I get a kick out of seeing people get a deal like this. When I get some extra cash, I am going to get a couple more for myself, especially for some of my kid's rifles, since they are light and easy to use. Wish I had the cash to grab a couple during Mako's sale!

I'm also going to do some very cold weather testing this winter, whenever it gets cold enough. One of the advantages for me with the M21 is that it works even in the coldest weather, when batteries kick the bucket. Then I want to put one on a Beowulf and shoot it like crazy.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Is there any warranty?
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is there any warranty?
View Quote

1 year warranty.
Tomac
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#23]
So which rifle gets the Mrepro?

or

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s938.photobucket.com/user/sickmak90/media/125AB248-79D1-4EA5-938E-E705F981B37F_zpsclvtb5mt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/sickmak90/125AB248-79D1-4EA5-938E-E705F981B37F_zpsclvtb5mt.jpg</a>

or

<a href="http://s938.photobucket.com/user/sickmak90/media/8D5237D6-5CF1-4402-A4B3-2EFAEF7CB1D4_zpsrgsg4wxc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/sickmak90/8D5237D6-5CF1-4402-A4B3-2EFAEF7CB1D4_zpsrgsg4wxc.jpg</a>
View Quote

ARFCOM answer: Both! (and at only $280/ea you can afford to do just that!)
Tomac
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Working on it. There are several angles to work from, apart from the CC companies.

By the way, we are getting really good feedback from our customers about these sights. We are pretty pleased with the results. I knew they would be a hit, combining the EOTech-style design with the Aimpoint-style dot. I prefer the M21, but these are pretty hard to beat for the price. We don't make much on them, but I get a kick out of seeing people get a deal like this. When I get some extra cash, I am going to get a couple more for myself, especially for some of my kid's rifles, since they are light and easy to use. Wish I had the cash to grab a couple during Mako's sale!

I'm also going to do some very cold weather testing this winter, whenever it gets cold enough. One of the advantages for me with the M21 is that it works even in the coldest weather, when batteries kick the bucket. Then I want to put one on a Beowulf and shoot it like crazy.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It sucks that the low life's are doing this to your company. Meprolight should develop a sales management plan for the U.S. and manage their vendors better so that these situations don't arise (just as Aimpoint and others do). Since you shipped the sights in good faith as per ordered, maybe the cc company will work with you and not refund the money to these jokers (unless they received a faulty unit and can prove it). I may not be a fan of the product but I'm all for small businesses not getting screwed over. Good luck!
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Tomac
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s938.photobucket.com/user/sickmak90/media/125AB248-79D1-4EA5-938E-E705F981B37F_zpsclvtb5mt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/sickmak90/125AB248-79D1-4EA5-938E-E705F981B37F_zpsclvtb5mt.jpg</a>

or

<a href="http://s938.photobucket.com/user/sickmak90/media/8D5237D6-5CF1-4402-A4B3-2EFAEF7CB1D4_zpsrgsg4wxc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/sickmak90/8D5237D6-5CF1-4402-A4B3-2EFAEF7CB1D4_zpsrgsg4wxc.jpg</a>

Tomac

Well the Aimpoint has to go somewhere. I've had that ml3 for five years and it has been 100% reliable thus far.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:49:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Well the Aimpoint has to go somewhere. I've had that ml3 for five years and it has been 100% reliable thus far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

or

Tomac

Throw it on the BCM.  It's already in need of an optic and the Aimpoint has a home.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#28]
I think I'll probably weigh the mepro vs the aimpoint and mount the lightest one on the BCM middy. I'm going to add a 9" KMR to that rifle and I want to keep it pretty light. The other one is right at 7lbs with the Troy rail and aimpoint while the BCM is 6lb 4oz without an optic and should be sub 6lb with a KMR rail.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think I'll probably weigh the mepro vs the aimpoint and mount the lightest one on the BCM middy. I'm going to add a 9" KMR to that rifle and I want to keep it pretty light. The other one is right at 7lbs with the Troy rail and aimpoint while the BCM is 6lb 4oz without an optic and should be sub 6lb with a KMR rail.
View Quote

RDS weighs 12oz w/lithium battery.
Tomac
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Just ordered mine. I couldn't resist at the current price. This will be my first red dot so I won't have anything to compare it to but I'm sure I'll be happy.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#31]
I dropped mine off of an ATV this last weekend... Granted it was only at 5mph, but it went right in the mud. Wiped it clean and kept on shooting for about two hours in 30 degree weather. These things are tanks.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:32:42 PM EDT
[#32]
I just ordered one from IDFholsters. Used the 30% discount code and it was $292.63 Shipped. At that price I had to do it.

Let's see how long the backorder takes.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 8:47:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Good Morning,

I don't think you have to worry about the backorder. An expedited shipment of RDS units is scheduled to arrive today.

Cheers,
Mark S.

Follow us on Twitter @themakogroup123
View Quote

Great!
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Just received my first sight today .I love it!
I believe I received one of the "premier" units with the metal hood.
I own several M2 and M3 Aimpoints ,this sight could be serious completion in my opinion.
Really like the motion sensing switch to conserve the battery while still allowing the sight to be instantly on when moved.
I also like the large "window" and the fact that it uses a "AA" battery.
Attached to my 10.5 pistol quickly and easily in about 2 min. Mounting needed a little adjustment but it was minor.
Dot is bright, sharp and glass is very clear.
This thing seems built like a tank and could easily be my favorite sight!

The black Friday sale on these was a steal! I can't wait to get the other 2 in!
I wonder if they will ever sell them for that price again?

A trip to the range this weekend!
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#36]
is the back (closest to the shooter) attachment part of the rail supposed to be free moving like the one in the front (furthest away from shooter)?

That back metal piece on my unit is locked up.. no idea if it should be free floating or not, but I've held off on trying to mount it because it doesn't look like it should be locked up.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Can you move the lever freely and / or tried adjusting the nut?
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Very happy to finally get mine in hand. Looking forward to a range day.

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Get banned over Black Friday weekend and miss some good sale priced optics.  I did need a timeout and I also need something to top this other Tavor.  Does the Mako genie see any sales the rest of the month on the RDS?
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:20:14 PM EDT
[#40]
::sigh:: shouldn't have canceled my order...
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:49:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why did you cancel it?
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:08:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Why did you cancel it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why did you cancel it?

I decided I wanted to scope one rifle and keep my aimpoint on the other but every time I see the tru-dot I want one lol.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:24:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I decided I wanted to scope one rifle and keep my aimpoint on the other but every time I see the tru-dot I want one lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why did you cancel it?

I can understand that.  I ordered one on Saturday and another on Sunday :)  It was just too good of a deal (pending actually seeing them of course) to pass up.  I need to stop now as I don't even know what I will do with the 2nd one,
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Just got mine today. Took a few pics before work. I like the look and feel of it, time will test its durability. Ty black Friday my new rifle is about finished.

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:56:18 PM EDT
[#45]
This thing is the best of both worlds.  It's got the Eotech FOV and the Aimpoint reticle and battery life to go with it.  Haven't run it hard yet or gone outside with it, but everything feels robust.  The adjustment setting knob feels tight and gives very positive feedback too.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Going to paint it?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#47]
I needa try to find one of these in person to check out....
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Going to paint it?
View Quote

God no.  I go through optics like shit through a goose.  All it takes is a new job or extra income and the meprolight goes on the EE and gets replaced with an ElCan or a USO 1-4.  I have a terrible affliction.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:42:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Got mine today - premier edition with metal hood! First impressions are very positive. The wake feature is extremely sensitive, which is good, and dot quality is good. Very eager to have multi year always on capability from an Eotech looking device. While some may bemoan the lack of 30 brightness levels, I think the available settings are more than adequate.

I obviously need to test it, but this will likely replace the Eotech xps on my main rifle due to the always on functionality. At 280, this was an absolute steal and more bang for the buck than eve the new primary arms micro sights, which are also a terrific value.

If this is good while shooting and holds a zero, this is a winner that feels solid as a rock. I also like the fact that it takes an AA battery vs a cr123.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
...I have a terrible affliction.
View Quote

Don't we all?  
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top