Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2014 7:36:15 PM EDT
What's the deal with "Made in Sweden" on Aimpoints? I understand that CompM2s with it on there are gov't property, but what about the others? I'm wondering if ALL ML3s have it or don't, or if some do, some don't.

One I had a while back I could have sworn did, but one I recently acquired doesn't. Anybody know?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#1]
as far as I know, all aimpoints are made in Sweden. My PRO is marked "made in Sweden"..
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

as far as I know, all aimpoints are made in Sweden. My PRO is marked "made in Sweden"..
View Quote
yeah, I was wondering about them actually being marked as such. I'm guess some are and some aren't.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
yeah, I was wondering about them actually being marked as such. I'm guess some are and some aren't.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm quite sure all aimpoints have made in sweden on them
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a ML3 right in front of me, and no it doesn't have any country of origin. On the lower left side, it sames CompML3 2MOA with the serial under it. On the bottom it has Aimpoint laser etched in. Then on the upper left side, it has Aimpoint engraved in. I have a Larue mount that says "USA" and Made in the USA. Not sure if the supplied ML3 mount has a marking since I didn't get it.

Other than that no markings.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:05:02 PM EDT
[#5]
My PRO was defective. i sent to Aimpoint in S.C and they sent it to Sweden. so ya i think they are made in Sweden
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Marking products in the USA with "made in ......" is a relatively new requirement by law.

So all new products legally must say made in wherever.  Older products may not have the marking.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#7]
My Comp M4S says 'Made in Sweden'
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What's the deal with "Made in Sweden" on Aimpoints? I understand that CompM2s with it on there are gov't property, but what about the others? I'm wondering if ALL ML3s have it or don't, or if some do, some don't.

One I had a while back I could have sworn did, but one I recently acquired doesn't. Anybody know?
View Quote

Because it is a Swedish company. Plain and simple.  Your recent aquisition, if new, could be a fake if it does not have a country of origin on it somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Because it is a Swedish company. Plain and simple.  Your recent aquisition, if new, could be a fake if it does not have a country of origin on it somewhere.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know it's a Swedish company. I was simply wanting to know which ones may have/may not have it on there.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My PRO was defective. i sent to Aimpoint in S.C and they sent it to Sweden. so ya i think they are made in Sweden
View Quote

Same with my H1, had an issue mailed it in and they mailed it to Sweden, I never saw a Made in Sweden marking on it, the new one nor the T1, CompM3, CompM4s, CompM2's or other optics but per their customer service they are made their.  I will have 2 PROs and 4 CompM2's coming in tomorrow and will check them also.

I believe all of them are made in Sweden.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:52:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Just to make it clear, the OP isn't asking where the Aimpoints are made but rather if certain models of Aimpoints have their country of origin on it. If I pick up an EOTech, the bottom has a sticker that says Made in the USA. The OP is asking whether certain models of the aimpoint has the stamp Made in Sweden or if it's something they just do randomly. It sounds to me like ML3 doesn't have the Made in Sweden stamp on it, but maybe other models might.

Hopefully that'll clear things up for you. Honestly this is probably a question you should ask the company directly. Nobody, except maybe a rep from the company, can really say anything about this. Manufacturers probably change things rapidly without notifying the public on a regular basis. A good example is like a candy bar label. It seems like while most might have similar logos, they all appear to have slightly different markings here and there. I guess the problem is it depends on where it is assembled and by what year. Sometimes they might get a new machine that does something slightly different than what the others did.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Just to make it clear, the OP isn't asking where the Aimpoints are made but rather if certain models of Aimpoints have their country of origin on it. If I pick up an EOTech, the bottom has a sticker that says Made in the USA. The OP is asking whether certain models of the aimpoint has the stamp Made in Sweden or if it's something they just do randomly. It sounds to me like ML3 doesn't have the Made in Sweden stamp on it, but maybe other models might.

Hopefully that'll clear things up for you. Honestly this is probably a question you should ask the company directly. Nobody, except maybe a rep from the company, can really say anything about this. Manufacturers probably change things rapidly without notifying the public on a regular basis. A good example is like a candy bar label. It seems like while most might have similar logos, they all appear to have slightly different markings here and there. I guess the problem is it depends on where it is assembled and by what year. Sometimes they might get a new machine that does something slightly different than what the others did.
View Quote
LOL thanks man. A lot of folks didn't understand, I think.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#13]
After purchasing the Aimpoints I also made contact with Aimpoint, from what I was able to identify from them any marked Made in Sweden are Military Issue, I believe this is because they are imported seperately and marked slightly differently than the civilian marketed imports.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top