Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2014 5:05:39 PM EDT
Hi all,

Recently bought a Primary Arms 1-6x24 scope.  I am noticing that at 6x, I can either see the target in focus, or the reticle in focus - but not both.  I haven't really played with scopes much, so I'm not sure if this is normal?  For example, I can see the orange dot at the center of a target if I focus on it, but then reticle blurs, and vice versa.  

Any input from more experienced shooters is welcomed.

Thank you
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi all,

Recently bought a Primary Arms 1-6x24 scope.  I am noticing that at 6x, I can either see the target in focus, or the reticle in focus - but not both.  I haven't really played with scopes much, so I'm not sure if this is normal?  For example, I can see the orange dot at the center of a target if I focus on it, but then reticle blurs, and vice versa.  

Thank you
View Quote

Normal. On some scopes, you have parallax adjustment which will essentially bring both into focus together. The 1-6x does not have this as it's meant as a fast target acquisition and shooting reticle.

Set the eye piece focus by looking at a white wall. It should be clear and crisp as soon as you look into it. If it's not clear, pull it down, adjust, and try again. If you try and do it while you hold it to your eye, your eyes will adjust to it and next time it may be different.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
The eyepiece should be adjusted for the sharpest, clearest RETICLE, not the target.  Since it does not have a parallax adjustment, if the target is out of focus after doing this, there is a manufacturing issue.  Contact the manufacturer for assistance, if so.  Marshall will help you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:06:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hi all,

Thank you
View Quote

Holy shit. I think youre the first poster ive noticed with bad EE feedback lol
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:46:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep.  It was a hot mess.  I said I would buy a Burris Scope from a guy.  Then my wife, surprised me with a Viper PST she knew I had been looking at from Cabela's.  So I asked if I could not do the deal, and he got hurt and left negative.
Shit happens.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:52:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep.  It was a hot mess.  I said I would buy a Burris Scope from a guy.  Then my wife, surprised me with a Viper PST she knew I had been looking at from Cabela's.  So I asked if I could not do the deal, and he got hurt and left negative.
Shit happens.
View Quote

Twice?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:25:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:28:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Twice?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit happens.

Twice?

No, he didn't get it twice. He's got one good one!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit happens.

Twice?

Haha oh yeah, my math is broken, it's friday.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Lol

And that is an awesome avatar.  Your pup?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lol

And that is an awesome avatar.  Your pup?
View Quote

Yep, he's sleeping at my feet right now
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:24:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Awesome
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#13]
ROFL!!!!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top