Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2014 2:41:08 PM EDT
Are any of you guys using this scope?

I want to replace my current Mk 4 10 X mil dot with a scope with more magnification but not too much more weight.  
Unfortunately that is hard to find, and it looks like the Mk6 despite the cost is one of few that are under 23 ounces.
Which reticles are you using and are oyu happy with them?
I have some experience with the H58 but see it has quite a price premium.  
Thanks for advice.
PS I usually wait for a ten percent discount at O.P. before purchasing a new scope and will certainly have to do so on this.  
Other contenders are 2.5 x 10 x 42 NF which gives me field of view improvement over my 10 X but not any more magnification.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#1]
No experience with the Mk6 but Steiner's new T5Xi scope is coming in at about that weight and around $1800, might be worth a look. After having both, the NF will have better glass and appear brighter, especially against a vintage MK4. Other consideration would be a March.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Tmr, great scope, had 5 nsx's, now only shoot leupolds.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Here are my thoughts.

Its a great little scope but I think I still prefer my 3.5-15x50 NXS a little more.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Mark 6 with the illuminated TMR. Its an amazing scope. The eye box is more limited on 18x, which is to be expected. Really, I don't shoot much above 12x. But, if you're at the bench or really want to get into it you have that 18x option on a scope that is the same size as a 2.5-10x. I think thats where it shines. In a form factor of less than 12" and 22ish ounches you have a 3-18 scope. Locking diopter is nice as well. Set it and forget it. Parallax adjustment works well too.

I also have the short MC52 turrets. I find they are much better than even the turrets on my NF 2.5-10. The clicks are more tactile and audible. Tracks perfectly. The illumination is better in the Mark 6 than the NF as well. There are no dead spots, its perfectly even and well thought out. I didn't like the push button illumination on my 1-6 Firedot or the NF 2.5-10. Pushbuttons just don't work that well on scopes unless they are separate buttons, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:54:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys!

the new Steiner sounds interesting.  did not know it had zero stop.  I cant find anyplace that has a price listed on them.  Where did you buy yours?

That is about price point for the Horus scope, but its a bit heavier than Id like.  Cheapest H58 reticle though.  No zero stop however.

Anyone have experience with the Horus?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top