Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/26/2014 2:04:52 PM EDT
i'm very interested in getting one, does anyone have any input pros and cons on these. they look well built but are pricey. i was trying to find someone that has one so i could check it out. anyone here know anything about them, reviews online look good, thanks

i copied my post from the HTF, i don't expect anyone in another state to loan it out
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:30:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of discussions on them if you care to lift a finger and do a search.  You don't even need to leave the optics forum here.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one of the green tritium models. It washes out more than I'd prefer. It's good for its current use though.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one of the green tritium models. It washes out more than I'd prefer. It's good for its current use though.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL WTF
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lots of discussions on them if you care to lift a finger and do a search.  You don't even need to leave the optics forum here.
View Quote

thank you for the insight and first hand knowledge
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

thanks, this is what i was looking for
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:40:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You were looking for a Trijicon SRS with green tritium?  LOL

Over 20,000 posts between you, and neither of you have a clue as to what a Trijicon SRS is?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:09:55 PM EDT
[#8]
From the Trijicon site:

Trijicon SRS®

The Trijicon SRS (Sealed Reflex Sight) is a uniquely designed MIL-spec rugged,
parallax free, reflex sight which incorporates a larger aperture for maximum situational
awareness in a shorter body. The illuminated 1.75 MOA red dot with 10 brightness
settings (3 NVG compatible) is powered by a solar cell assisted by a single AA battery.

The snag free button pads are easy to operate (eliminating fumbling under stress
or with gloves).
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:00:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I like them better than my Aimpoint micros , just sold my last one due to my eyes going south, and I needed to get a scope.
Glass us nicer compared to my micros field if view is large, and the dot seemed crispier to me.
YMMV
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:40:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Get a newer production one and you'll probably like it. With optics you pretty much need to to buy and try so buy a bunch and sell what you don't like on the EE. And to give you more options:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_124/651801_Mepro_TRU_DOT_RDS___New_military_grade_reflex_sight_.html

Money is made to be spent on cool toys.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:42:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
From the Trijicon site:

Trijicon SRS®

The Trijicon SRS (Sealed Reflex Sight) is a uniquely designed MIL-spec rugged,
parallax free, reflex sight which incorporates a larger aperture for maximum situational
awareness in a shorter body. The illuminated 1.75 MOA red dot with 10 brightness
settings (3 NVG compatible) is powered by a solar cell assisted by a single AA battery.

The snag free button pads are easy to operate (eliminating fumbling under stress
or with gloves).
View Quote

I'm sure there is some tritium on the Sun, so it could be a little tritium powered
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I picked up a used one from the EE about a month ago, it's an older model with a bit of ghosting around the dot. However, when focusing on the target, it's a non issue.
I don't have an Eotech right now, but here's some pics compared to my Micro and my M3....

If you're going to drop this amount of coin, rather than listen to what the interwebs say, I strongly suggest buying used, so you can play with it a while and sell it if it doesn't work...Some people swear by the Micro...I prefer the full sized M2 /M3, but the SRS is my go-to now for the crispness of the dot and the massive eyebox.

one of these is different from th eother two....

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top