Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2014 2:16:10 AM EDT
I was thinking about putting a SWFA SS 1-4x or 1-6x on my integrally suppressed ruger 10/22 takedown. I tried a red dot but I don't seem to like them. I tried 2 diffrent ones and didn't like either.

Someone said the parelx would not be setup right .22s because the optics are setup for 100 yards instead of 50 yards like .22 optics.

Would this be a big issue?

I already have a SWFA 1-6x on my suppressed sbr 5.56 ar15.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:14:41 AM EDT
[#1]
IT could be an issue with the higher end optics, but I am using a 1.5-4.5 Bushnell Banner on my 10/22 Take Down with no issues at all from 25-100 yards.

I just had it laying around when the TD got here so I threw it on there and its been that way ever since.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Parallax is really only bad at higher magnifications and longer distances.  It shouldn't be a major concern for low power variables and sub 100y distances.   You can check parallax error on your existing 1-6x by spotting a 50y target at 6x and moving your eye around to see how much the crosshairs wanders against a fixed target.  The answer will be not much.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:19:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Parallax is really only bad at higher magnifications and longer distances.  It shouldn't be a major concern for low power variables and sub 100y distances.   You can check parallax error on your existing 1-6x by spotting a 50y target at 6x and moving your eye around to see how much the crosshairs wanders against a fixed target.  The answer will be not much.

View Quote

Ok so techinically I should be good to go.  Thanks
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top