Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2014 10:52:56 AM EDT
I'm looking to build a Recce right, but keep the weight down. I have an SPR with a SWFA 1-6 on a bobro mount. The scope and mount are heavy enough to be used as a weapon itself. I'm looking at the trijicon TR24 as an optic, but wondering what mount to go with. I'd like to keep weight down. I would like a QD option, although perfect return to zero is not absolutely necessary as I will only be removing the optic in case of optic failure.

The big three (Larue, ADM, and Bobro) all seem to be around the same weight, and I'd like to get a little lighter.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe your best option would be an ADM. It is the lightest out of the bunch. Some one please correct me if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:31:23 AM EDT
[#2]
If you go to a fixed mount take a look at Aero Precision ultralight mounts at 2.98 oz.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the adm is the lightest. I'd have to find the thread, but I saw one that someone skeletonized quite a bit to remove even more weight from it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I just looked up the manufacturer specs:

Bobro: 7.5
Larue: 7.1
ADM: 8.0

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong ADM? Either way, they're all heavier than I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Aero Precision (non-QD) and an hex wrench in the grip or stock storage.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:55:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That is actually an excellent idea. Will do.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:16:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Yea the QD options are all going to be heftier than fixed, regardless of the manuf.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:32:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you go to a fixed mount take a look at Aero Precision ultralight mounts at 2.98 oz.
View Quote

This.

But.. I like to remove mine at times and love the LaRue LT-104 for this purpose. I can easily return to zero with it but...It does weigh in at 7oz

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hex wrench in the grip will add additional weight to the rifle, and make it too heavy to lift.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top