Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 7:22:55 PM EDT
Alright so I've always run EOTech's, but I am starting another build once my BCM upper gets here this weekend. This build I am keeping as close to service rifle as I can (minus select fire) but I've decided I'm going to buy an Aimpoint for this rifle. Like I said I'm familiar with the entire EOTech line but not so much with Aimpoint, but I do think I want a 2MOA dot. 4 seems a little too big for me, at distance anyways. What do you guys recommend? Patrol or micro or? The upper is a BCM 14.5 pinned/welded SOCOM upper

ETA- I want night vision capability for sure!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Micro t1 2 moa
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Micro t1 2 moa
View Quote

Alright. What should I do about a mount if I got the micro t-1? I want something high quality but not insanely priced. (Expensive is still ok tho I just don't want to pay a grand for a mount)
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Alright. What should I do about a mount if I got the micro t-1? I want something high quality but not insanely priced. (Expensive is still ok tho I just don't want to pay a grand for a mount)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Micro t1 2 moa

http://www.laruetactical.com/aimpoint-micro-t-1-2moam4-qd-mount-combo

Boom.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:06:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Boom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Micro t1 2 moa

Boom.

This.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:04:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Not an expert by any means, but I have played around with a few of the cheaper options(vortex, bushnell and a few others) and I think I like the larger ones a little more than the micros for the fact that you have a larger window to see the dot with. It may not be an issue either way for you, but with the larger window you will acquire the dot a little sooner than on the micros. Originally, I was looking at getting a PRO, but when it came time to squeeze the trigger, I slipped, tripped and fell onto a new M4s for $550.  If your intentions are to keep it as close to a service rifle as possible, you may want to look at the M4 line.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:08:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Get on the larue site and order the combo with their mount. I got my ml3 from them and love it. The ml3 is like the military's m3 model but without the night vision. I got the lt129 mount with my ml3 and love the looks. You save money no matter what you buy from larue since the mount cost more.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Boom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Micro t1 2 moa

Boom.

You da man! Thank you!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:10:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not an expert by any means, but I have played around with a few of the cheaper options(vortex, bushnell and a few others) and I think I like the larger ones a little more than the micros for the fact that you have a larger window to see the dot with. It may not be an issue either way for you, but with the larger window you will acquire the dot a little sooner than on the micros. Originally, I was looking at getting a PRO, but when it came time to squeeze the trigger, I slipped, tripped and fell onto a new M4s for $550.  If your intentions are to keep it as close to a service rifle as possible, you may want to look at the M4 line.
View Quote

I can agree with that. As an EOTech user I'm used to the bigger window as well so I'm gonna do some more digging on the models that everyone lists on here. The process of narrowing down what I don't want helps immensely!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Get on the larue site and order the combo with their mount. I got my ml3 from them and love it. The ml3 is like the military's m3 model but without the night vision. I got the lt129 mount with my ml3 and love the looks. You save money no matter what you buy from larue since the mount cost more.
View Quote

Do they sell the m3 to civilians? I definitely want night vision capability. I forgot to add that in my original post lol
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#10]
ADM mounts are good to go too.

ADM T1 combo

I have a Micro and a couple of M2 and M3's. For me, I'd take the 30 mm tube over the 20mm .
If you want really big, look at the Trijicon SRS. Early models garnered much hate for internal reflections around the diode. Mine suffers from it slightly, but when you're shooting, it's completely unnoticeable.

My Tavor with Micro in a GG&G and AR pistol with M3 in QRP mount:

Tavor with SRS with Bobro QR mount. Bought this used off the EE here. Prices for new are around $599 if you look around.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

ADM T1 combo

I have a Micro and a couple of M2 and M3's. For me, I'd take the 30 mm tube over the 20mm .
If you want really big, look at the Trijicon SRS. Early models garnered much hate for internal reflections around the diode. Mine suffers from it slightly, but when you're shooting, it's completely unnoticeable.

My Tavor with Micro in a GG&G and AR pistol with M3 in QRP mount:
<a href="http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/asiparks/media/pistolas/DSCF8155_zpsffb84423.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/asiparks/pistolas/DSCF8155_zpsffb84423.jpg</a>

Tavor with SRS with Bobro QR mount. Bought this used off the EE here. Prices for new are around $599 if you look around.
<a href="http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/asiparks/media/pistolas/DSCF8407_zps35f32c93.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/asiparks/pistolas/DSCF8407_zps35f32c93.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/asiparks/media/pistolas/DSCF8396_zps5bd6e089.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/asiparks/pistolas/DSCF8396_zps5bd6e089.jpg</a>
View Quote

Beautiful rifles!!!! (And pistol) so the m3 is a 30mm tube and the micro t-1 is a 20mm tube correct? Both are night vision compatible, LaRue makes mounts for both, and the m3 is available on the civilian market? And both come with 2MOA reticles? If all of this is correct then I'm definitely going to choose between the micro T-1 w/ LaRue mount or the m3 w/LaRue mount! I appreciate your guy's help a shit load, the online gun community is straight up awesome
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I would keep an eye on the EE here for used Aimpoints. Buy a used  T1 and an M3, keep the one you like best, resell the one you don't....Stick in a fresh battery and carry on
: T1, M2, M3 and M4 are NV compatible.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:43:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would keep an eye on the EE here for used Aimpoints. Buy a used  T1 and an M3, keep the one you like best, resell the one you don't....Stick in a fresh battery and carry on
View Quote

Alright sweet thank you for your help. I'm going to check out all 4 of those along with LaRue mounts and ADM mounts and ill narrow it down from there!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm using a Fortis mount with my T1, I like that it angles away and you can get some extra distance from your eye.  It's also very light, but it does not have a QD mount, it's not too expensive either.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Definitely this I think buying used for optics is the way to go.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:42:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm using a Fortis mount with my T1, I like that it angles away and you can get some extra distance from your eye.  It's also very light, but it does not have a QD mount, it's not too expensive either.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1424/13602099/24570561/409755547.jpg
View Quote

I actually like that setup quite a bit. I'm trying to keep this carbine pretty light so I dig the skeletonized mount
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have another question bro. On my current defense rifle I have my EOTech set up with a lower 1/3 co-witness and I do like it quite a bit. But considering the difference in reticles between aimpoint and EOTech I'm not sure if I want to get the lower 1/3 co-witness mount or absolute. What do you recommend? This upper (the new build) has an F type A2 front sight/gas block. I'm just worried with a 2 MOA dot I might get all fudged up with the front sight post with absolute. I do know for a fact I like the lower 1/3 on an EOTech tho...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:59:08 AM EDT
[#18]
My personal rule for my rifles is absolute with flip sights and lower third with a fixed front sight. It's really just pesos a preference though.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:46:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have another question bro. On my current defense rifle I have my EOTech set up with a lower 1/3 co-witness and I do like it quite a bit. But considering the difference in reticles between aimpoint and EOTech I'm not sure if I want to get the lower 1/3 co-witness mount or absolute. What do you recommend? This upper (the new build) has an F type A2 front sight/gas block. I'm just worried with a 2 MOA dot I might get all fudged up with the front sight post with absolute. I do know for a fact I like the lower 1/3 on an EOTech tho...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do what works for you.
I don't have any rifles with a fixed front sight and my red dots are set up for absolute. I don't run the red dot with the irons up, but if I did have to use them in event of battery failure
I'd want them visually centered in the tube for consistency.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:09:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

At that much money why would you not get a Larue Mount?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:26:32 AM EDT
[#21]
In my opinion, spring for the micro if you are really trying to keep the rifle as light as possible. I went with the Aimpoint Pro for my home defense rifle. It has a 3 year battery life, and is rock solid. They are fairly frequently on sale for 360 brand new with mount included. I think they are the best value in the Aimpoint line.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#22]
oops

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:00:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Alright so I've always run EOTech's, but I am starting another build once my BCM upper gets here this weekend. This build I am keeping as close to service rifle as I can (minus select fire) but I've decided I'm going to buy an Aimpoint for this rifle. Like I said I'm familiar with the entire EOTech line but not so much with Aimpoint, but I do think I want a 2MOA dot. 4 seems a little too big for me, at distance anyways. What do you guys recommend? Patrol or micro or? The upper is a BCM 14.5 pinned/welded SOCOM upper

ETA- I want night vision capability for sure!
View Quote

The only reason not to go with the micro is cost.  

I've had an ML3 and a T-1 4moa.  Handled/used  a T-1 2 moa, Pro, and m4.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the ADM are as solid, well engineered and as return-to-zeroey as LaRue, but I find the ADM levers easier to manipulate and adjust.
I have a couple of LaRue mounts, a few ADM ones and a sprinkling of ARMS and GG&G. Some I've bought new, some have come bundled with optics. All do exactly as they're supposed to.
My absolute preference is Bobro however.
YMM may of course V.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top