AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Main dot is dead on at 50 yards, hold main dot bottom of target for 100 yards.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been running the 1-5 XTR II for a few months now.  I shot the World 3Gun Championship with it last week and found it did everything I needed, hitting small targets from contact distance to 500 yards.  Mine has the Ballistic 5.56 Gen 3 reticle which I found works well.  I used a 250 yard zero on the main dot which translates to holding the dot at the top of the target for 300, using the second larger dot at 400 and the bottom of the 500 marked crosshair for 500.  The illumination is most certainly daylight visible.  Overall a fantastic scope especially when considering the price.
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/r270/10443005_757347084306980_5619921216072319510_o.jpg

Which dot or reticle location would you use for 50 or 100 yd targets?

Thanks!

I have the Burris XTR II 1-5X CQ Mil reticle.  How would you advise I utilize yardage for my center dot?  25 yd? 50 yd?  I am very new to scopes and hoping to get a good balance of calculating where I should point to specific yardage.  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:37:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I have the Burris XTR II 1-5X CQ Mil reticle.  How would you advise I utilize yardage for my center dot?  25 yd? 50 yd?  I am very new to scopes and hoping to get a good balance of calculating where I should point to specific yardage.  Thanks again!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been running the 1-5 XTR II for a few months now.  I shot the World 3Gun Championship with it last week and found it did everything I needed, hitting small targets from contact distance to 500 yards.  Mine has the Ballistic 5.56 Gen 3 reticle which I found works well.  I used a 250 yard zero on the main dot which translates to holding the dot at the top of the target for 300, using the second larger dot at 400 and the bottom of the 500 marked crosshair for 500.  The illumination is most certainly daylight visible.  Overall a fantastic scope especially when considering the price.
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/r270/10443005_757347084306980_5619921216072319510_o.jpg

Which dot or reticle location would you use for 50 or 100 yd targets?

Thanks!

What are you going to use the scope for?  What load are you shooting in it?

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have the CQ MIL also and think it's better than the BDC since you're not tied to a specific bullet.  The hashmarks are in 0.5mils so if you zero the center dot at 200yds, your next drops are 250y,300y,350y and 400y (roughly).  This is assuming youre shooting 55gr ammo at 2800fps.
Confirm once you're out at the range but that'll be really close.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Finally got my 1-5X CQ Mil reticle today. Wow, the illumination is bright. So far everything looks pretty good and hopefully I'll get to zero it this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Finally got my 1-5X CQ Mil reticle today. Wow, the illumination is bright. So far everything looks pretty good and hopefully I'll get to zero it this weekend.
View Quote

Please post your thoughts after you've had some time behind the scope. There are so few reviews on the web but I am itching to get one. Just want to get a feel before I commit the money.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I asked this before, but is XTR II as good as Accupoint 1-4?

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Please post your thoughts after you've had some time behind the scope. There are so few reviews on the web but I am itching to get one. Just want to get a feel before I commit the money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I borrowed my Dad's original XTR 1-4 so I will try to do a comparison on both soon.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:22:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sold me on it so just went to sport optics bought the same one just now $719.00  free shipping.    cant wait now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great to see someone who has the BDC reticle and has used it successfully.  

Sold me on it so just went to sport optics bought the same one just now $719.00  free shipping.    cant wait now.

Mine came today.  And all I can say for now is WOW.  Its built solid.  The nobs have a very faint audible sound when adjusting and you have to really give it some good force to turn them, not to hard but not so soft that if you worry about slinging it on your back and them getting turned, nope I don't see it happening.  Yes the glass is great, very crisp clear.  I put the battery in and it is daylight visible without any washout especially on the 10 setting, and it has off setting between each light intensity setting.
The magnification ring is tight but not to tight like my SWFA 1x6 where a switch throw lever is basically a must have.  I don't think you really need one on this.  I like it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I borrowed my Dad's original XTR 1-4 so I will try to do a comparison on both soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd like to see what you think.  SWFA has original xtr's on sale for $ 599, with a mount and their fastfire three red dot.
Seems like a great deal, but I've never looked thru  a burris before.

Please give us a comparison asap.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is my review of the 1-5

The PST killer!
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Here is my review of the 1-5

The PST killer!
View Quote
Better then a PST, but what about Trijicon Accupoint 1-4?

Great review btw.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:44:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Great review, man!  Agree with all your points. So far, the only thing I don't like about the scope is that illum isn't at full brightness unless you have good cheekweld.  The Leupold Mk6 is this way as well.  You never lose the reticle though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:29:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks guys.

Regarding the Trijicon 1-4 I can't really say. I've played with them a few times but I've never been able to shoot with one. I will say on paper the XTRII appeals to me more from a feature standpoint.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:28:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I run the TR24 on my 14.5" and love it for anything 300y and in.  It's also a lot lighter than the XTR II.
I'd say if you need something for 300Y+ shooting, the XTRII is the better option.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:07:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Excellent.

thanks fellas
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I just got my 1-5x24 XTR II with the Ballistic CQ Mil Illuminated reticle and I love the scope.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone know where these are made? I thought I read Phillipines at some point, but am not sure. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Does anyone know where these are made? I thought I read Phillipines at some point, but am not sure. Thanks.
View Quote

Yes Phillipines. They are the best product that I've seen come from there to date.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top