Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/4/2014 3:29:11 PM EDT
Hello Forum,

I recently purchased a Burris Fast Fire 3 Mini Red Dot.  I have it mounted on top of my Millet TRS-1 scope, in front of the forward scope mount ring, using a GG&G Mini RDS ring mount (b-comp model w/o the b-comp).

Yesterday I tried it out at the range for the first time, attempting to zero it.  I was having problems with the elevation.  Going for a target at 50 yards my shots where going high even with the elevation cranked down as far as it will go.  Aiming for the center of the target I was not even on paper.  Using my scope as a reference point (pointing RDS at bull's eye then checking the scope) my crosshairs are below the target, just off the paper.

I am a bit surprised to be experiencing this problem as mounting a MRDS on top of a scope is pretty common practice these days.  I think that moving the RDS, mounting it further back towards the eye piece could help this issue?  I am reluctant to do so as I like the position it is currently in.

Has anyone else had an experience like this with the FastFire or similar?   Advice?  As I mentioned I am surprised that the elevation adjustment will not go down further, anyone have something to say about that?  Is it possible I got a lemon?

Thanks all for any help you can provide.

Best,
DEG
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I got this figured out.  Had to tweak the adjustment screws a little.  Works great now!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top