Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/2/2014 10:19:58 AM EDT
I know the Ta01 NSN was issued normally, but what about the regular ta01?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 6:46:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?  I have never seen one in the "wild"
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#2]
bump
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I do know Trijicon was originally self-funded but during the late 80s and early 90s, it started taking off and SOCOM finally asked them to create a special TA01nsn model. I'm not sure if the NSN means anything except for National Stock Number.

With that said, prior to SOCOM adopting it in 95, ACOGs been used in several other conflicts as mostly special forces optics. In the movie Black Hawk Down, you see everyone running around with M68 aimpoints. The truth is, at that point in history, they would have either used a Aimpoint 3000 series or a Trijicon ACOG TA01 model. You can see some pictures in the wild with it.

Checkout the history here: https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/company/history.php

Probably going to be impossible to find info on though. Most likely was used either by the Delta Force or SEAL teams and it's very, very doubtful they're hanging around ar15.com. Most likely you'll either find info by seeing random pictures or read some books from that era and hope they talk more about their gear.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:01:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I think I have seen pictures of them mounted on the carry handles of M-16-A2s in Desert Storm and the early years of Iraq before the M-4s were issued.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:10:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do know Trijicon was originally self-funded but during the late 80s and early 90s, it started taking off and SOCOM finally asked them to create a special TA01nsn model. I'm not sure if the NSN means anything except for National Stock Number.
View Quote

The NSN has backup iron sights on top.  The standard TA-01 doesn't.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool!
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea, I have seen a ton of the Ta01 NSN models, but never the one without the iron sites  (Ta01) in US military service.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top