Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/23/2014 4:59:52 PM EDT
Hey guys,

So I recently picked up a Leatherwood CMR 1-4x scope and am having a little problem.  I love the optic and reticle and it's fantastic on 1-2x. However, once I go to 3x and really 4x I can barely see the reticle anymore, illuminated or not. What happens is my eye will either focus on the reticle making my target blurry, or it will focus on the target and then the reticle gets blurry and almost disappears.
I've tried messing with the focus and the problem seems to persist. This is my fist time really shooting anything other than irons or a red dot so I'm sure the error is with me somewhere, I'm just now sure where.

Thanks for any input.

- Kevin
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like something in your objective lens ares is loose.  That would require professional repair.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#2]
are you having this problem sighting in on your bedroom wall or out shooting?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you adjusted the eye piece?

Use your bedroom wall and adjust it until the crosshairs are crisp.  You will need to quickly look into the scope against the wall and get your first impression of the reticles crispness before your eyes quickly adjust.  Do it a few times until you get it as crisp as possible, then you can play with parallax focus and different power settings
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Have you adjusted the eye piece?

Use your bedroom wall and adjust it until the crosshairs are crisp.  You will need to quickly look into the scope against the wall and get your first impression of the reticles crispness before your eyes quickly adjust.  Do it a few times until you get it as crisp as possible, then you can play with parallax focus and different power settings

The reticle is crisp as can be against the wall, the problem occurs while at the range @ 25 yards.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you adjusted your ocular focus ring?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Have you adjusted your ocular focus ring?
View Quote

Yup, and it's all the way to the right. turning it counter-clockwise only worsens the problem.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#7]
sounds like it needs to go back
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn.. I was really hoping that this was not the case considering I just bought it used here and the manufacturer warranty does not transfer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Damn.. I was really hoping that this was not the case considering I just bought it used here and the manufacturer warranty does not transfer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talk to whoever sold it to you about a return
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do.
Thanks for the help.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top