Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/23/2014 3:53:48 PM EDT
Looking to pickup a Monarch 3   4-16x50.  ThIs is for a 30-06 bolt gun, which will be used for deer hunting, but mostly for long range fun 200-600+ yard paper punching.  I like how it's a hunting scope, with a big objective for dawn dusk hunting, but also has semi tactical turrets for doping my shots at the range

I own a couple prostaffs, and a Buckmaster and they're all great scopes but part of that reason is because they were cheap 150$ and 250$ respectively.  They are great value and I can't really knock em...haven't tested repeatablilty yet though with figuring out my dopes.

Eta. The Buckmaster has poor field of view

Anyone here own a Monarch? I'm really hesitant on picking one up because its more expensive than my other nikons and I don't know if that is getting me much more quality.  I can find the model I want for 500$.  I held one in the store and it felt nice, but it looked a little hazey through the glass at full power, but I was indoors so unsure if that played a factor.  Looking for your guys experience with the monarch 3 line

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I got one but it's a 1x4 w/German #4 ret. LOVE IT!
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got my Nikon in and mounted to my tikka t3.  Fit and finish is perfect.  Very clear glass, but I haven't shot it yet.  The zoom dial is a bit stiff, and I wish it came witha better throw lever.  Also the flip up scope covers are cheesy and seem fragile. Gonna need to replace em with a bikini.

Excited to test the glass out at 400 + yards
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top