Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/22/2014 3:04:18 PM EDT
Do you have your KAC taupe front sight mounted so it flips up toward the front or back? I'm asking because I prefer my tape switch on the top rail but it is getting in the way of flipping up the front sight.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same sight and will mount it the same way.  However, a lot of users mount it the opposite way as it is quicker to deploy that way.  It's all personal preference really.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool guys with beards are known to mount it backwards with it hanging off the end of the rail a little.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Either way.

If you absolutely need to flip it up.  just use your fingernail, or take the switch off for a second.

Or just move the switch back one or two slots.

You may be over thinking this.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#4]
No issues.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Taupe is the color.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:43:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Wait - people actually flip those things up?

I thought it was just a $200 rail protector for the end of your rail!  

Either way works fine.  

Figure out which you prefer - if you find it easier to mount it backwards - do it.  

I would not sacrifice optimal control or other mission critical accessory location for BUIS placement... actually I don't - that's why few of my rifles wear BUIS anymore...

IMHO, BUIS are low priority - though I know a lot of people disagree and I may take flak for that statement - but consider their frequency of use - why are you going to let an item that will be used less than 1% of the time dictate the placement/location/configuration of an item you're going to use 50% of the time?  

Place the items you use most and need most first - then place the BUIS around them wherever they'll fit and still work - on a long-ass rifle length FF, you have 12.25" worth of "where should I stick this?" available to you.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top