Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/22/2014 11:52:55 AM EDT
I have a rifle set up to where I am mounting my aimpoint on a scout rail. I am looking for the lowest possible rings or mount for it. QD is a plus, but not absolutely necessary. So far I've found Badgers that are .82 from top of rail to centerline of scope. Several other companies have rings at that height too. Anything lower? I'm guessing it's limited by the tube diameter and wondering if some other companies just had some luck getting it lower.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:06:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, hows the quality on those? I will be mounting it on a rail attached directly to a .308 so I'm willing to pay for something sturdy.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I see they are listed at .275" or .865" from top of rail to center of scope. Not quite as low as some of the others.

The lowest I could find were the ARC M10 rings at .79". But those are $180 and I only need one.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Seekins has a .82" to center line set of rings... (30mm)

Not sure if they will sell you just one, but I've been very happy with the ones I use to mount traditional scopes.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Burris Xtreme low ring that is so low I'm not sure I would want it any lower depending on the rail length you intend to use.   They are not QD but you can buy just one.   ~$35   Sorry about the shadow but you can get an idea.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#7]
LaRue had some pretty low 30mm QD rings not sure if they still have them?

I really like Seekins high rings made for the AR15 family puts your eyeball right where it naturally needs to go
off both collapsible stocks and my MOE rifle stock.....no cheek scrunching needed.

The Seekins however are not QD

I doubt (but I could be wrong)  you are going to want anything lower than the Seekins AR15 ring's height as your head wont be behind the Aimpoint & you will have to scrunch down on your cheek weld....it aint natural. :)

I just checked it out with some medium TPS rings and some low LaRue and found the resultant cheek weld way to low for me....the height of the Seekins is right where it
should be...

In fact I am going to leave my Aimpoint in the Seekins ring as I can mount the optic pretty far back which helps with my astigmatism....I am guessing for the Aimpoint
I am guessing the Aeroprecision mount is the lightest going and is certainly reasonably priced as well.

Aero Precision Aimpoint Mount
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I ended up ordering a Burris XTR ring. I will mount it and use that to gauge whether I need something higher or lower. I am mounting on an Ultimak scout rail of an M14 so "too low" won't be the case unless the bottom of the aimpoint hits the rail.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top