Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2014 1:27:15 PM EDT
I'm looking for some type of lens cover, or protection against dust for my EOTech. Anyone have any preference on using a plastic flip-up cover or using the full cloth cover instead? If SHTF I'd want to be able to quickly make my optic operational and I feel like there's a small chance that the fabric covers may snag on the rifle or something else during removal. All suggestions are appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The times you are going to need it are the times you will need the covers off. Those times are the only times that the optic should get hurt. It's really fine without covers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Eotech is designed to be submerged, dropped, banged and even shattered and it will still work.  

It is not a pretty play toy to be polished and coddled.  

Use the heck out of it and gain the respect it deserves.  

It is a tool, use it as such.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Scope coat.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:01:27 AM EDT
[#4]
GG&G makes a replacement hood with covers installed.  Usually all over ebay.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#5]
FWIW a BIG +1 for GG&G of AZ

I have had one of their EOTech set ups with hood, dust covers and QR mount for several years.
Really put it through its paces and no problems.

The front dust cover when open also acts as a bit of a sun shade.

Nice thing is when sealed up it keeps out sand and dust real good.

http://www.gggaz.com/eotech-best-value-packages.html
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Eotech is designed to be submerged, dropped, banged and even shattered and it will still work.  
View Quote

true. i'll put it thorough it's paces and see how it performs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd rather run covers than a scope coat on a patrol type rifle. But I use my EOTech on my home defense AR, so I don't run the gg&g covers or the coat, cause that's 1 more step that takes up more time than I'm willing to spare if the shit hits
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Scope coat.
View Quote

+3, one on each of my EO Techs.  No issues.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top