Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2014 2:48:16 AM EDT
I have a build in progress and the only thing I need is a mount. The optic I'm using is a vortex pst viper 1-4, this is going on a 16" bcm with KMR rail. I'm about out of budget and have around $100 left to spend on a mount. Is their anything out their that will work? Should I just save up for awhile longer and get a larue?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:55:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a build in progress and the only thing I need is a mount. The optic I'm using is a vortex pst viper 1-4, this is going on a 16" bcm with KMR rail. I'm about out of budget and have around $100 left to spend on a mount. Is their anything out their that will work? Should I just save up for awhile longer and get a larue?
View Quote

If you're going to play musical scopes, then you need the Larue.

If the scope is going to stay mounted for an extended period of time, the Burris PEPR should work fine.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:52:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I just put one of these on... really like it so far... Wilson Combat

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:09:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Burris PEPR QD has served me well. That being said, a quality scope like your Vortex deserves an equal quality mount....Larue or ADM.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:08:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote

For $100, I'd look at the Aero Precision mounts. They are well made, and the lightest out there (that I've seen). Plus, they are only $85.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm running a PEPR. Great mount for the $$$.

Brad
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If the scope is going to stay mounted for an extended period of time, the Burris PEPR should work fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I have. Flip up sight fits under the scope. Only gripe is the weight.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#7]
If the scope is stationary or will only be taken off in an emergency and does not need to return to zero, then I would recommend the Burris PEPR or PEPR QD.  I was happy with mine.  I wanted return to zero capabilities, so I sold them and went to LaRue and Bobro.  The Bobro is my favorite.  It's return to zero does beat the LaRue from my personal experiences.  The LaRue is a great mount with a great design and great aesthetics, so I can't knock it.  My Bobro's have just done better, but only slightly, and I mean only slightly better.

ADM aren't too bad either.  They don't return to zero like LRT or Bobro, but they are a quality mount.  You can also find these on the EE for a little over a $100.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:37:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the advice I have decided to save for awhile and get the larue. I haven't cut corners on anything for this build so I might as well get what I really want.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:01:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the advice I have decided to save for awhile and get the larue. I haven't cut corners on anything for this build so I might as well get what I really want.
View Quote

The Vortex/ADM Recon mount is a perfect match!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:52:17 AM EDT
[#10]
What ADM recon is recommended for an ar15 flat top? This is for a colt ar15 6720
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What ADM recon is recommended for an ar15 flat top? This is for a colt ar15 6720
View Quote

I used the AD Scout model with the PST, works great

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#12]
i have a rock river arms and that thing is rock solid.

https://rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=385

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/bobfig/20140404_204540_zps207hrdaj.jpg
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:06:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Careful when shopping there --- they're vulnerable to Heartbleed exploit per my browser plug-in this morning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Careful when shopping there --- they're vulnerable to Heartbleed exploit per my browser plug-in this morning.

What plug in is that?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What plug in is that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What plug in is that?

i tried this and seems to work ok. if the sight is affected it has the hart up un the url area.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/heartbleed-notifier/?src=api
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top