Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/15/2014 5:26:44 PM EDT
Anybody try this scope mount?  It interests me because it looks light weight and reasonably priced.  One thing about it is its not quick release.  Does it return to zero screwing it off and on or do those nuts work loose after lots of shooting?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are going to be taking your scope on and off your weapon maybe a quick release from La Rue or Bobro would be a better choice?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are going to be taking your scope on and off your weapon maybe a quick release from La Rue or Bobro would be a better choice?
View Quote

I do have a Larue LT104 QD mount on my MTAC.  Could either move it to my SS 1-6x or get a different mount.  Was interested in shaving a few grams.  But if a nut based system would be a hassle, that it wont' be worth it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anybody try this scope mount?  It interests me because it looks light weight and reasonably priced.  One thing about it is its not quick release.  Does it return to zero screwing it off and on or do those nuts work loose after lots of shooting?
View Quote

Its not that the nuts work loose, its that you'll not be able to get the tension on them the same each time you remove and replace the optic.  Get true return to zero AR one piece mounts if you need return to zero. LaRue and ADM both work great for me.  Bobro is well regarded, but I've not tried them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:28:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I do have a Larue LT104 QD mount on my MTAC.  Could either move it to my SS 1-6x or get a different mount.  Was interested in shaving a few grams.  But if a nut based system would be a hassle, that it wont' be worth it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have an Aero Precision mount for an Aimpoint ML-3 I like alot but don't plan on moving it around or taking it off....very light mount.

I plan on buying one of their scope mounts in the near future

Warne has a good reputation I can attest to the Warne rings I have had...
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:25:25 AM EDT
[#5]
The Areo mout has to be the lightest mount out there.  Its my prefered non-qd mount.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Areo mout has to be the lightest mount out there.  Its my prefered non-qd mount.
View Quote

I ordered the Aero extended mount this morning from the company.  Looks good.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top