Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2014 8:01:40 AM EDT
I've got a mil-dot 1-4 with exposed turrets, which I understand is discontinued.  My intended use was on an SPR type setup.  It works fantastic for precise shots and the eye relief and clarity are outstanding but the crosshair is too fine to pick up quickly for dynamic shots against dark or fragmented backgrounds. I'm considering either selling it on the EE, relegating it to a .22 trainer (if ammo ever stabilizes LOL), or paying the $300 to swap it out for the IHR, which seems to be much thicker and easier to pick up quickly and thus a little appropriate for my original purpose.  The range finding and holdover capabilities of the IHR are obviously diminished, but there looks to be enough to the reticle for rough range estimations from 0-400 meters or so.

Anyone have one and care to share some thoughts?  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Bumpski...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Good question. I too was considering the IHR but decided to get a Swaro Z6i instead. I dont like any of the reticle options on the NF 1x4's. It seems most people prefer the FC2.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top