Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/11/2014 5:56:18 AM EDT
I would like to hear from others who are red/green colorblind like myself. Which reticle color do you prefer? I'm looking at the ta31f.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 7:03:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I would like to hear from others who are red/green colorblind like myself. Which reticle color do you prefer? I'm looking at the ta31f.
View Quote

I'm going to take a wild-assed guess and say that I think green would be better.

The human is more sensitive to green, than it is to red ... irrespective of color perception.

Of course, this may be total bullshit, because I really don't know.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 7:22:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know for sure either but I have heard that green is the brightest out of the ACOG's. Would brighter make it better for you?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Amber
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 9:21:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Amber
View Quote

^^^  this right here.

I have R/G color blind issues. inside or low light (cloudy/overcast) not much issue. nice sunny day both wash out or damn near disappear.

Several years ago my buddy picked up an ACOG with amber chevron, DAMN! what a difference. It was very visible to my eyes even in sunny conditions.

When I can finally afford an ACOG it will be one with an amber chevron.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:03:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Interesting. I'll see if I can't find an amber to look at.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:45:08 AM EDT
[#6]
OP, Please come back and let us know which one (red, green or amber) was best for you.

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 7:50:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OP, Please come back and let us know which one (red, green or amber) was best for you.

View Quote

Will do.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#8]
As someone in the vision business, who also sells trijicon, and is R/G color deficient (proper term for "color blind"), I can tell you that the amber is your best bet, followed by red and then green.  More than likely, you will see red with RG deficiency, but will have issues with telling the difference between blue/purple, green/olive/gray, etc.  True red should be just fine for most people with color deficiency.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As someone in the vision business, who also sells trijicon, and is R/G color deficient (proper term for "color blind"), I can tell you that the amber is your best bet, followed by red and then green.  More than likely, you will see red with RG deficiency, but will have issues with telling the difference between blue/purple, green/olive/gray, etc.  True red should be just fine for most people with color deficiency.
View Quote

I worked with a guy who was red blind, and he could not distinguish red from brown.

He drove a car which was the most hideous purple you ever saw.

He thought it was blue.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm red green colorblind with astigmatism (corrected with contacts). I looked at all three colors in person and my eyes preferred the green. For me it contrasted with the background better and felt a little sharper than red or amber. I also live in the desert where everything is a shade of tan/Brown.  Just my $.02
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

More specifically, I'm red-green dichromatic. I haven't had a chance to look at the amber, but I will have to now before making the purchase. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:21:11 AM EDT
[#12]
As someone with normal vision, i cant directly answer. But would like to say my fav is the amber. I own amber and red and have seen all three. Still i think the most important thing for anyone, vision impaired or not, is to actually try them out and see which you prefer.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I wish. Nobody carries them around here.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:13:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I wish. Nobody carries them around here.
View Quote

Go in the hometown forum and see if someone around you owns one that you can look through.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Red is the most difficult color to see even for the non color blind my guess is going to be green, but if you have difficulty with green, Amber is probably the way to go.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top