Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Basic
  • Joined Oct 2004
  • Posts 2741
  • EE 100% (29)
USA FL, USA
Posted: 9/14/2013 4:52:19 AM EST
Just got a set of these and I am thoroughly impressed with them. I was having trouble finding the older polymer MBUS flip ups so when I found the MBUS Pros I snatched them up. I like that they are all steel construction. They are incredibly well built, as is every Magpul product. They fold down nice and low and are quick to deploy. The front sight has a dial for adjustments which is nice. If you are thinking about these don't hesitate.

Basic
  • Joined Feb 2009
  • Posts 1630
  • EE 100% (21)
USA CA, USA
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 4:56:50 AM EST
unfortunately a few of them got through quality control, and are a little off. My rear sight, and a few other peoples rears do not sit true on the rail. Great thing about magpul tho, they are replacing my rear sight for free.

Bolt Face Extremist
Bronze
  • Joined Dec 2007
  • Posts 5635
  • EE 100% (158)
USA FL, USA
NRA
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 5:05:58 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Losd:
unfortunately a few of them got through quality control, and are a little off. My rear sight, and a few other peoples rears do not sit true on the rail. Great thing about magpul tho, they are replacing my rear sight for free.
View Quote

I have two sets enroute to me. How will I know if I got a bad rear sight? Is it obvious right away, or something you notice at the range when your bullet hits the target next to yours?
Delbert Belton- American Hero
Rest In Peace
NRA Life Member
Bronze
  • Joined Aug 2008
  • Posts 5373
  • EE 100% (94)
USA FL, USA
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 5:20:08 AM EST
Is the sight picture of the Pro better than the old sights? I couldn't get used to the BUS and was extremely slow with them compared to my DOAs. I've been considering the Pro, but hate to spend money on them to find that I hate the sight picture.

evl....
Can a 6.5" Saiga 12 reliably run cheap birdshot in MD-20 drums? This one can....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLovVj7k6LM
Basic
  • Joined Feb 2009
  • Posts 1631
  • EE 100% (21)
USA CA, USA
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 5:20:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2013 5:21:40 AM EST by Losd]
Originally Posted By Medicfrost:

I have two sets enroute to me. How will I know if I got a bad rear sight? Is it obvious right away, or something you notice at the range when your bullet hits the target next to yours?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

also sits crooked on the rail

Basic
  • Joined Feb 2012
  • Posts 551
  • EE 100% (39)
USA NC, USA
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 5:48:20 AM EST
View All Quotes

http://i41.tinypic.com/24myefp.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7453/9736364351_f8b35c7780_k.jpg

Did you try mounting it like Magpul said? Sorry if you said you did on TOS and I missed it.

Bronze
  • Joined Sep 2005
  • Posts 4987
  • EE 100% (312)
USA AZ, USA
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:41:54 AM EST
View All Quotes

If any other brand came out with a sight that was crooked (ahem TROY), they would be hung from the ceiling by their toes in this forum. Magpul releases a product that isn't properly made, and everyone just says, "Oh well, customer service will take care of me."

Many thanks to whomever anonymously purchased my membership.
Bolt Face Extremist
Bronze
  • Joined Dec 2007
  • Posts 5639
  • EE 100% (158)
USA FL, USA
NRA
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:16:24 AM EST
Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:
If any other brand came out with a sight that was crooked (ahem TROY), they would be hung from the ceiling by their toes in this forum. Magpul releases a product that isn't properly made, and everyone just says, "Oh well, customer service will take care of me."

View All Quotes

I disagree. Troy would only be hung from their toes now only because of recent activities not based on product quality. If they didn't have these recent shortcomings, people would still have faith in Troy as a company.
Rest In Peace
Bronze
  • Joined Aug 2008
  • Posts 855
  • EE 100% (29)
USA UT, USA
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:16:26 AM EST

View All Quotes

Bronze
  • Joined Nov 2012
  • Posts 2637
  • EE 100% (30)
USA USA
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:19:44 AM EST

I have two sets enroute to me.
View Quote

Look forward to your thoughts. At least they are a bit more aesthetically pleasing

Joking aside, I did get rid of the 3 sets of MBUS I had for Troy, but I might throw a couple of these in the bin.

Basic
  • Joined Feb 2012
  • Posts 552
  • EE 100% (39)
USA NC, USA
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:19:48 AM EST

View Quote

You haven't seen the nato clamp mount on the new Troy sights I guess.

Bolt Face Extremist
Bronze
  • Joined Dec 2007
  • Posts 5640
  • EE 100% (158)
USA FL, USA
NRA
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:25:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2013 7:37:17 AM EST by Medicfrost]
Originally Posted By Edward_Tz:

View All Quotes

The NATO clamp is the reason I stopped using Troy sights, and I know of at least one major manufacturer that also stopped using them for that reason. Ironically, almost no one noticed they changed it.
Rest In Peace
Basic
  • Joined Jul 2008
  • Posts 2190
  • EE 100% (2)
USA GA, USA
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:43:27 AM EST

The NATO clamp is the reason I stopped using Troy sights, and I know of at least one major manufacturer that also stopped using them for that reason. Ironically, almost no one noticed they changed it.
View All Quotes

I'm extremely happy with my Troy flip-ups. However, they are several years old. Please elaborate on this new Nato clamp and their recent shortcomings. I don't want to recommend anything that has changed in quality and that might suck...

Basic
  • Joined Feb 2010
  • Posts 1599
  • EE 100% (9)
USA OH, USA
Military
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:57:18 AM EST
I though MBUS pro would be my new premium metal buis since Troy changed their battle sight.

I may be mistaken. This new nato stanag clamping spec seems to be a problem.

Bolt Face Extremist
Bronze
  • Joined Dec 2007
  • Posts 5641
  • EE 100% (158)
USA FL, USA
NRA
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 8:11:01 AM EST
Originally Posted By jmreagan:

I'm extremely happy with my Troy flip-ups. However, they are several years old. Please elaborate on this new Nato clamp and their recent shortcomings. I don't want to recommend anything that has changed in quality and that might suck...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jmreagan:

There was a change in the clamp design that causes it to seat differently, and can cause some slight canting.

Old design:

New design:

Rest In Peace
Basic
  • Joined Feb 2009
  • Posts 1632
  • EE 100% (21)
USA CA, USA
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 9:19:54 AM EST

Did you try mounting it like Magpul said? Sorry if you said you did on TOS and I missed it.
View All Quotes

Yeah. The flip up part is still askew

Basic
  • Joined Feb 2012
  • Posts 554
  • EE 100% (39)
USA NC, USA
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 9:55:28 AM EST
View Quote

But you got the base square to the rail? That happens with KAC sights if you don't look at it while installing.

Basic
  • Joined Feb 2009
  • Posts 1633
  • EE 100% (21)
USA CA, USA
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 9:57:14 AM EST

But you got the base square to the rail? That happens with KAC sights if you don't look at it while installing.
View All Quotes

I can live with how it sits on the rail. Not perfect but better than those pics

SiteStaff
  • All Your Post Are Belong To Us
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 5:24:29 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2013 5:24:29 PM EST by Lancelot]
Topic Moved

IP
  • Joined Apr 2012
  • Posts 124
  • EE 0% (0)
USA CO, USA
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 9:58:06 AM EST

Basic
  • Joined Jun 2013
  • Posts 37
  • EE 0% (0)
USA TX, USA
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 1:37:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/16/2013 2:12:39 PM EST by Bovodo]

Bronze
  • Joined Jun 2013
  • Posts 507
  • EE 100% (6)
USA LA, USA
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 1:57:28 PM EST
Originally Posted By Bovodo:
mines are off too..... been waiting for these forever

<a href="http://s118.photobucket.com/user/gaysterxviet/media/IMG_0622_zps7a63cb86.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o84/gaysterxviet/IMG_0622_zps7a63cb86.jpg</a>
View Quote

though your base looks off the part that matters appears to line up nicely with the rail.
I need a couple of the old style clamps for troy folding sights.
Bronze
  • Joined Mar 2001
  • Posts 16732
  • EE 100% (227)
USA IL, USA
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 2:30:29 PM EST

View All Quotes

Wrong.

They fucked with a great design, and ruined it, then said "sorry, we like it better this way so you're stuck".

Magpul is fixing an issue that cropped up on a newly released product.

Not even in the same ballpark.

Basic
  • Joined Aug 2013
  • Posts 2
  • EE 0% (0)
USA AR, USA
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 10:39:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2013 1:13:31 PM EST by Bmuu]
I have tried mounting mine 5+ times and even when I hold it straight while tightening the screw as soon as it gets tension the mounts rotates itself crooked.

I tried contacting magpul VIA email but haven't heard anything yet. I will try calling tomorrow.

Bronze
  • Joined Mar 2001
  • Posts 11571
  • EE 100% (88)
USA WI, USA
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 5:02:26 AM EST
Originally Posted By Bmuu:
I have tried mounting mine 5+ times and even when I hold it straight while tightening the screw as soon as it gets tension the mounts rotates itself crooked.

I tried contacting magpul VIA email but haven't heard anything yet. I will try calling tomorrow.
View Quote

Post back and let us know what they say.....please.
Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Bronze
  • Joined Jan 2012
  • Posts 9809
  • EE 100% (15)
USA CA, USA
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 5:52:58 AM EST
So do the Pro's lock when they are up?

Basic
  • Joined Dec 2003
  • Posts 6842
  • EE 100% (98)
USA LA, USA
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 6:11:38 AM EST
Originally Posted By jukeboxx13:
View Quote

No, they are held in place via heavy tension, though. Honestly, I like the method better than "locking" as there is ZERO movement. They feel the same as KAC's do regarding up/down operation, and use the same mechanism.

Basic
  • Joined Aug 2013
  • Posts 3
  • EE 0% (0)
USA AR, USA
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 7:32:27 AM EST
I called magpul. They want me to ship the sights back (on my dime) and wait an unknown period of time and they said they will send a new one. After waiting this long and paying almost $200 for a pair of sights overall I'm not very happy about it.

Bronze
  • Joined Mar 2001
  • Posts 11572
  • EE 100% (88)
USA WI, USA
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 7:36:50 AM EST
I called magpul. They want me to ship the sights back (on my dime) and wait an unknown period of time and they said they will send a new one. After waiting this long and paying almost $200 for a pair of sights overall I'm not very happy about it.
View Quote

That sorta sucks....got mine from Primary Arms so maybe thats a better route to take?
Basic
  • Joined Aug 2013
  • Posts 4
  • EE 0% (0)
USA AR, USA
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 8:00:56 AM EST
Mine came from primary arms as well. I haven't tried to contact them yet I thought it would be better to call magpul first.

The reason for the unknown ETA is magpul is still working on the issue and haven't made a new batch.

Bronze
  • Joined Mar 2001
  • Posts 11573
  • EE 100% (88)
USA WI, USA
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 8:05:47 AM EST
Marshall has a good rep for treating his customers fairly....and even generously for that matter...

Like you said no doubt Magpul will square things (no pun intended) down the line...but who wants to wait very long?
Basic
  • Joined Feb 2009
  • Posts 1678
  • EE 100% (21)
USA CA, USA
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 11:00:22 AM EST
Mine came from primary arms as well. I haven't tried to contact them yet I thought it would be better to call magpul first.

The reason for the unknown ETA is magpul is still working on the issue and haven't made a new batch.
View Quote

I got a straight replacement.

Bronze
  • Joined Mar 2001
  • Posts 11574
  • EE 100% (88)
USA WI, USA
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 11:26:34 AM EST
Did you send in just the rear sight? to Magpul directly?
Basic
  • Joined Aug 2013
  • Posts 5
  • EE 0% (0)
USA AR, USA
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 12:59:18 PM EST
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:
View Quote

+1

The rep on the phone directly told me that they were aware of the issue and were still working on it so they couldn't give me a date when to expect the new sights.

Bronze
  • Joined Jan 2012
  • Posts 9810
  • EE 100% (15)
USA CA, USA
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 3:20:57 PM EST
Originally Posted By 12_gauge:

No, they are held in place via heavy tension, though. Honestly, I like the method better than "locking" as there is ZERO movement. They feel the same as KAC's do regarding up/down operation, and use the same mechanism.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 12_gauge:

Excellent. Thanks for the info.

Basic
  • Joined Feb 2009
  • Posts 1683
  • EE 100% (21)
USA CA, USA
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 3:57:09 PM EST
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:
View Quote

They sent me a sight with return shipping for the old one. I was the second person to receive a replacement tho, I was lucky.

Bronze
  • Joined May 2012
  • Posts 1921
  • EE 100% (50)
USA FL, USA
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 4:27:38 PM EST
Are all three known instances of this problem arfcomers?
Originally Posted By SigChef:
Does your wife or girlfriend stop ovulating when you're not around?
Basic
  • Joined Feb 2009
  • Posts 1684
  • EE 100% (21)
USA CA, USA
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 12:35:42 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/24/2013 12:36:14 AM EST by Losd]
Originally Posted By 13starsinax:
Are all three known instances of this problem arfcomers?
View Quote

There are more than 3, and not just arfcommers. A lot of the people that bought from the first batch. But no worries, magpul is making it right with everyone with a defective rear sight.

Tactical Lamp Builder
Lifetime Member
  • Joined Aug 2008
  • Posts 7443
  • EE 100% (545)
USA FL, USA
NRAInstructor
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 10:03:15 AM EST

View All Quotes

Yup, after finding this out I took Troy off the list. I'm looking at the MBUS Pro for all future builds and possibly to replace a few sets of the Troy's I already own.
<font size=3>AR15 Lamps and Trophies</font id=s3>
http://www.tacticallampworx.com/
Basic
  • Joined Feb 2001
  • Posts 3849
  • EE 100% (27)
USA CA, USA
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 2:21:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By cormorantslayer:

Yup, after finding this out I took Troy off the list. I'm looking at the MBUS Pro for all future builds and possibly to replace a few sets of the Troy's I already own.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cormorantslayer:

I didn't know anything was wrong with my nato clamp Troy's until this thread. So I decided to take a look and realized what a big difference there was between my Troy sights and the MBUS Pro:

I had the same fitment issues with my DDM4 and Sig 716 using these nato clamp troy sights. I'll be ditching these for MBUS Pro's right away!

MAGPUL INDUSTRIES
IP
  • Joined Aug 2006
  • Posts 1323
  • EE 0% (0)
USA CO, USA
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 5:23:40 AM EST
JUSTIN BEARD
Sales Manager
Magpul Industries Corp.
1-877-4MAGPUL
Basic
  • Joined Sep 2007
  • Posts 1670
  • EE 100% (30)
USA USA
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 6:46:24 PM EST
Are the MBUS Pro sights on Amazon legit? I placed a order from Amazon and am wondering if I should cancel it.

Basic
  • Joined Feb 2009
  • Posts 1735
  • EE 100% (21)
USA CA, USA
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 1:11:12 AM EST
Originally Posted By chadweasel:
Are the MBUS Pro sights on Amazon legit? I placed a order from Amazon and am wondering if I should cancel it.
View Quote

did you get them from optics planet?

Bronze
  • Joined Jan 2012
  • Posts 9927
  • EE 100% (15)
USA CA, USA
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 5:39:42 AM EST
View Quote
Real.

Basic
  • Joined Sep 2007
  • Posts 1671
  • EE 100% (30)
USA USA
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 6:39:53 AM EST
Real.

http://www.amazon.com/Magpul-Industries-Back-Up-Sight-Black/dp/B00F17RTT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380724734&sr=8-1&keywords=magpul+mbus+pro

Good. Thanks

Bronze
  • Joined Jan 2012
  • Posts 9934
  • EE 100% (15)
USA CA, USA
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 6:44:22 AM EST

Good. Thanks
View All Quotes
Real.

http://www.amazon.com/Magpul-Industries-Back-Up-Sight-Black/dp/B00F17RTT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380724734&sr=8-1&keywords=magpul+mbus+pro

Good. Thanks
If you are worried just send pics to Magpul, and if they are fake Amazon will refund for free so yea.

Let me know cause I plan to buy a rear my next check.

Basic
  • Joined Sep 2007
  • Posts 1672
  • EE 100% (30)
USA USA
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:05:38 AM EST
If you are worried just send pics to Magpul, and if they are fake Amazon will refund for free so yea.

View All Quotes
Real.

Good. Thanks

I'll report back when I get them. They haven't shipped yet.

Basic
  • Joined Aug 2013
  • Posts 6
  • EE 0% (0)
USA AR, USA
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 12:22:34 PM EST
I finally received an email saying magpul has shipped me a new sight (3 weeks after I ordered my first set) in the email description it says they sent a front sight only. It was my rear sight that is crooked

Basic
  • Joined Mar 2012
  • Posts 330
  • EE 100% (16)
USA MI, USA
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 7:36:27 AM EST
I had the same problem, ordered from the first batch and had a crooked rear sight. I called Magpul CS and they sent me a new rear sight along with a return shipping box for the bad one within a week. As far as I can tell this has been most people's experience with Magpul's CS. Quick and painless, thanks Magpul.

Basic
  • Joined Oct 2012
  • Posts 26
  • EE 0% (0)
USA OR, USA
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 7:56:13 PM EST
Just got a set off of Amazon. Rear is canted

Basic
  • Joined Feb 2009
  • Posts 1785
  • EE 100% (21)
USA CA, USA
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 9:07:17 PM EST
Originally Posted By DykmanOR:
Just got a set off of Amazon. Rear is canted
View Quote

I bet magpul is hating life right now with all these canted rear sights on the open market.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2