Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2013 6:19:10 PM EDT
I saw these listed on Ebay and thought they looked like a quality product. They are listed as being lightweight and as having a Titanium cross-bolt. I paid for them on Friday and had them Monday (Today) so shipping time was impressive. My initial response of the packaging was great. The rings were packed well in a USPS box and inside, each pair was in its own box with the Buckeye logo. Some (Most) of you guys will appreciate the wording on the bottom left of the box that reads "Made in the USA"

Upon opening the box, I felt like a kid opening a Christmas present. These things are pretty! Inside the box was a card with the company logo and Torque Specs:

Each ring was individually bagged as well.

Also inside the package was a pretty neat little Torx driver with the Buckeye Name.

The bottoms of the rings are flat on a level and the machining is beautiful. The titanium cross-bolt can be seen here:

The rings themselves have chamfered edges to help prevent scope rings and hold the scope a little more true. When torqued down they mate well and are robust feeling.

Again, showing off the machining of these beauties:

The cap screws seem to be of excellent quality and all threaded well.

Here they are holding up my new Vortex PST 6-24 scope (I installed these onto this AR build in progress but these rings will be home on my new Savage bolt-gun when it gets to my FFL on Wednesday.

When I initially installed them onto the rail, the cross-bolts seem to be a LITTLE gritty and at finger tight, seemed to have a very small amount of play in them. I removed the cross bolt and ran a Q-tip through the threads then re-installed. I grabbed my Torque wrench with a 1/2" 6 point socket and hit them at 16#'s then backed them off and went to 18#'s then backed them off and went to 20#'s. The first hit at 16#'s they torqued down smoothly and are rock solid.

Overall, I am pretty damn impressed with these rings. I think they were listed as Anodized (The Dark Earth version) and I believe it. The finish is top quality and they really are lightweight. I will throw them on the scale tomorrow to get a weight. Buckeye should be selling these things by the truckload for the price that these were. I think these were $100 on Ebay and they normally run between $100 for their range of rings with Dark Earth or Black and they also have lightweight stainless steel for $175. Their website lists a Steel version as "coming soon" as well for those that want Steelies.

* I Do NOT work for, nor am I affiliated with Buckeye Optics or any of its subsidiaries. I am merely sharing my opinion of a product that I took a gamble on. Your mileage, obviously, may vary but I feel like this is an excellent quality product for a great price and friendly folks running the operations.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank you for sharing.  I have a Leupold scope coming for my Faxon Firearms .300 Blackout.   I have an AeroPrecision mount but I might want something a bit lower and I don't plan on taking the scope off the rail very often so this may work out nicely.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#2]
They look like some quality rings, however, looks like they are way too low for that rifle.  You're gonna be smashing your face into the stock to even be able to see through that scope with proper cheek weld.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top