Author
Posted: 11/26/2012 4:06:51 PM
Looking to stay all iron on my new DDM4 V7; Anyone ever run diamondhead sights or have any info?
Thanks
mousegunner
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/26/2012 5:42:22 PM
Originally Posted By Miller2:
Looking to stay all iron on my new DDM4 V7; Anyone ever run diamondhead sights or have any info?
Thanks

Can't say much more than I like them and they work. For me, easier to line up than standard sights.
daemon734
All of your IED are belong to us
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/26/2012 6:54:17 PM
I've been looking to pic up their offset sights but can't find them for sale anywhere.
My drill sergeant had done three tours as combat arms, had a scar down the length of his face, and was no-shit bi-polar. That's how they are supposed to be.
Gacksnabbit
Commander
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/26/2012 6:54:22 PM
Originally Posted By mousegunner:
Thanks

Can't say much more than I like them and they work. For me, easier to line up than standard sights.

this.

Also very good quality. You can get the rears in a standard round apature as well as the diamond apature. I like the way the diamond rear quickly lines up with their front sight.
Note: Posts and opinions are provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied.
Miller2
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/26/2012 9:18:14 PM
Originally Posted By Gacksnabbit:
Originally Posted By mousegunner:
Thanks

this.

Also very good quality. You can get the rears in a standard round apature as well as the diamond apature. I like the way the diamond rear quickly lines up with their front sight.

The diamond apature looked like a great idea. May pair it with the tritium front. Thank you for the feedback.
FearCampaign59
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/26/2012 10:51:20 PM
I had them for awhile and thought they were awesome, I ended up selling them as a pair for $200 to fund a acog
TheRealBluedog
I want to marry Brandi Carlile
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/26/2012 11:07:11 PM
I don't understand how anyone that knows how a peep-sight works would be taken in by this gimmick.
Gacksnabbit
Commander
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/26/2012 11:24:53 PM
Originally Posted By TheRealBluedog:
I don't understand how anyone that knows how a peep-sight works would be taken in by this gimmick.

give 'ema try. They are quick and clear.
Note: Posts and opinions are provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied.
Depidy_Dawg
Just a squirrel trying to get a nut.
NRAInstructorMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/26/2012 11:41:29 PM
Keith_J explained peep sights in another thread about Diamondhead sights and burst my bubble. Having said that, I have run them since they first came out. I have "old" eyes and whether it's the placebo effect or what, they work for me. I've found them to be faster on threat and very accurate. They are mounted on my patrol/entry rifle. Every gun I get I at least put a DH rear on it.
"I'm gonna tell Mom and Dad everything. I'm even considering makin' up some shit!"
TheRealBluedog
I want to marry Brandi Carlile
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/27/2012 8:50:46 AM
Every person I have ever heard extolling the virtues of these sights talks about far-sightedness, or finding them easier to line up. That's not how peep sights work. IMHO, people who do this are using the peep sight as they would the blade sight on an AK. In other words, they are doing it wrong.

If you ignore the rear sight and focus on the post, the eye will naturally center itself in the peep. I am 43 and becoming quite far sighted. I lose focus at about 18 inches now, and I have no problem using peep sights.

When I taught my kids to shoot, I told them to look through the hole, and point the post where they wanted the bullet to hit, and they are both very good shots. I never said a word about centering the post in the peep, or sight picture at all.