Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/2/2012 6:41:21 AM EDT
When you look at a leupold mk4 scope, and one is labeled m2, and another m3, what's is the difference between the models? I looked at their website and couldn't get a clear answer. Can someone enlighten me? Going to look at a mk4 3.5-10x40 today and want to know the difference in what I'm looking at.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 6:52:52 AM EDT
[#1]
This refers to the adjustment value of the knobs.  The M1 is 1/4 MOA per click, the M2 is 1/2 MOA and the M3 is 1 MOA.  The M2 is a pretty good compromise if you don't want the M5 0.1 mil adjustments to go with a mil reticle.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 6:57:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Is either one more valuable than the other?  The guy is asking $650 FTF, just want to make sure I'm not getting screwed. It's not illuminated, and I don't know what particular model it is yet.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 6:59:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Is either one more valuable than the other?  The guy is asking $650 FTF, just want to make sure I'm not getting screwed. It's not illuminated, and I don't know what particular model it is yet.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 7:01:57 AM EDT
[#4]
That is a good price, as long as the scope isn't counterfeit.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 7:19:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They are pretty much the same in terms of value, though they may differ in terms of utility depending on what you want to do with it.  I strongly suggest that you investigate the type of reticle it has before purchasing.  Again, what you want to use the optic for is a big deal when selecting features, but the price is fair if it is what the seller says it is.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 7:22:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That is a good price, as long as the scope isn't counterfeit.

I plan to call leupold with the serial number to avoid this and something stolen.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top