Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2012 3:50:45 PM EDT
Wotac scopes - a horrible product and horrible customer service to go with it.

Just over a year ago I purchased a Wotac 4-14x50 (WOTAC 4-14x50 SFP EPB Reticle - Wonders Optics, LLC). It has been one of the worst experiences with a product and company I have ever had. I would not recommend them to anyone.

At first the scope seemed ok quality for $330. Around the 150 round mark things started to go awry. It no longer would hold zero and the glass began to get a bit fuzzy. Around 200 rounds the rear bell loosened up and would spin around freely. The parallax adjustment would no longer bring objects into focus. The last time I shot with it the reticle came loose and tilted 45 degrees. At this point it was no longer useable and time to send it in for warranty.

This is were the experience got bad. I dont mind when a product breaks, it happens, **** breaks. I judge a company by how they take care of a problem when it occurs. So I tried contacting Wotac for warranty information, I called over a dozen times with no return call, and sent 3 emails. Finally I recieved a call and was told to send the scope for repair. This was three weeks ago.

The scope was sent with a description of the problems. When I was told to send it back. I was also told most claims were handled within 48 hrs from recieving the broken product, usually a brand new scope being set as a replacement. I gave Wotac a week to contact me from delivery until I started calling. I have called everyday for the past week and a half and sent 2 emails. I have heard nothing back from the company.

This is where I stand. I am pissed off. So I will say it again, DO NOT purchase anything from Wonder Optics. Unless you want a piece of junk with a lifetime warranty that you can not get replaced.

Before you think 'this guy just got a bad unit', I know of two more scopes that suffered the same problems. The owners had the same experiences with bad customer service. Maybe they will chime in.

George
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I recieved my scope back yesterday, STILL BROKEN, in the same packaging I sent. It was shipped to Wotac's PO box address listed on their website it was returned to me with a label from the post office saying 'unclaimed'. I have emailed and called Wotac with no answer.

This guy is a complete scum bag. I will be filling a claim with the BBB. I hope no one ever does business with this company.
Im sure their will be more updates to come.

George
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I was contemplating getting one, now I'm glad I didn't. sorry to here about your troubles.
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The BBB is absolutely useless and is not an authority of who does good business and who doesn't. They are a self proclaimed authority that actually wants all companies to pay them so that they can be listed in good standing Companies that do not pay the BBB just get a black mark saying that the issue was left unresolved regardless how frivolous or idiotic the complaint is.

Their scopes sound like they may be on par with NcStar and Counter Sniper
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#4]
There was a similar...hell, there are multiple threads over at Sniper's Hide about this company. You are far from being the only one that has had problems with WO.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#5]
The point of this thread was not just to complain about a crap company, same with the claim with BBB. What I am trying to do, is get the word out that Wotac has junk products and terrible customer service. I have heard that Wotac has gone out of business, if that was the case than why is the website and phone line still up and running?

I would like my scope replaced so I dont have a $300 paper weight, but I have already writin it off and will be ordering a quality replacement for the rifle it was on.

George
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top