Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/2/2012 11:49:13 AM EDT
I came across this today as a brief mention in one of my daily gun blog reads.  A search shows a brief on it from Shot Show in the variable scope thread, but no real reviews or information other than that.

So what do you all think?  Im skeptical of the quality of their products to begin with, and the price point screams at me that it can't be that good at that price.  But what do I know?

The main reason I ask is I'm thinking about selling off my TR24G and down grading to something else, both for practicality reasons and because I could really use the money for other projects.  I would prefer a lighter optic than the TR24G currently... I haven't put too much thought into a replacement yet... or even if I will get rid of it, so lets not get too deep into that currently.  

Please don't make this thread into a comparision of the TR24 to the Firefield, that is not what I am asking.

But yeah... what do yall think of this Firefield?

1-6x24 1st Focal Plane Illuminated Riflescope (FF13022)

Shoot with confidence from anywhere, at anytime, anyway! The Firefield 1-6 x24 riflescope is equipped with a green or red Illuminated, first focal plane reticle for range estimation at any magnification to help find the distance between the shooter and the target. Precision multicoated optics is a distinguishing feature of the Firefield 1-6 Riflescope and offers the clearest view in both bright and low light situations.

Featuring a tactical mil reticle the Firefield 1-6x24 riflescope is used for target acquisition in rapid changing environments, so it hits the target every time with precision accuracy. This scope features excellent eye relief for comfortable, easy viewing. Equipped with a 30 millimeter tube that allows the scope to gather more light, the Firefield 1-6x24 riflescope is perfect for all light conditions.
• 1-6x24 1st Focal Plane Illuminated Riflescope
• Red/Green reticle illumination
• 1-6x magnification
• 1/2" MOA adjustments
• IPX4 waterproof

http://www.fire-field.com/content/1-6x24-1st-focal-plane-illuminated-riflescope-ff13022

Link Posted: 3/2/2012 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
That price is crazy. $215

Looks like they make some cheap optics. I wouldn't trust it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 4:53:11 AM EDT
[#2]
For that price, someone needs to step-up and be the test subject!
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 6:15:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Totally would test it out if money wasn't so tight currently. Making about half what I did this time last year, all for a girl
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Only $149 at Sportsmans Guide and $150 at Amazon.  Someone try it out.
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag for review.
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#6]
rifle scope is really not that expensive to make, just some standard glass, don't need to do any optical correction using exortic material or technology (check out fast SLR zoom lens then we are talking about high-tech), but as long as people willing to put up big chunk of money the makers continue to charge them
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
rifle scope is really not that expensive to make, just some standard glass, don't need to do any optical correction using exortic material or technology (check out fast SLR zoom lens then we are talking about high-tech), but as long as people willing to put up big chunk of money the makers continue to charge them

Link Posted: 3/4/2012 3:55:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/4/2012 5:16:31 AM EDT
[#9]
oh damn another option to look at!  was about to pull the trigger on a Falcon menace 1.5x5x30IR,  this may be worth checkin out also..
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 5:41:10 AM EDT
[#10]
No reticle pictures?
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 6:03:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No reticle pictures?

Nope, can't find any, that worries me.
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 6:09:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No reticule pictures?

Nope, can't find any, that worries me.

The description at SMG states it is a "mil dot" reticule.  Does not guaranty that the reticule is to spec though.

Link Posted: 3/4/2012 6:38:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 6:47:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks

Link Posted: 3/4/2012 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Yeah this was the brief I mentioned.  This is all I can find on it here.  

Damn I wish I had the money to check it out... I need to put my parts back up on the EE and get some gun funds cleared up!
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Has anyone tried this yet?  I'm considering giving one of these a try.
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#17]
If anyone has facebook, they have a page there. They put up a pic with an approximately 400 yd treeline reference point. I'll be the first to admit i'm a newbie and don't know @#$% about optics much, however the clarity, reticle, and magnification looked good at that magnification(6x) to me. Just my two c's
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#18]
A MIL reticle and MOA adjustments?!?

It might be okay for a range only toy but I'd rather spend my money on something more reliable and higher quality.

Link Posted: 3/9/2012 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Bull shit.
Pat
Link Posted: 3/9/2012 11:09:24 PM EDT
[#20]
tag
Link Posted: 3/10/2012 7:31:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thanks

Wow, that has to be one hell of a battery draining reticule.  The optic would have been better served with only the crosshairs and mildot illuminated.  Doubtful if the illumination is daytime (outside) visible.

Link Posted: 3/10/2012 4:01:14 PM EDT
[#22]
went to gun show today to pick up a budget scope, money is tight!.  1st one I found was a scope call tufforce or something like that. 3x9x32, mildot, blue only IR. laser, had a bubble level built inside the scope you could see when sighting. glass looked ok but was super light and just felt cheap,, $200.

next I found the firefield scopes. compared the 1x6x24 and the 2.5x10x40. I had high hopes for the 1x6. the glass looks good(way better then my BSA)  reticle was sharp, decent feel on the adjustments. then I lite it up. both green and red just destroyed the reticle. bad wash out! I asked to see another one hoping that was just one the had been knocked around from handling.  same for the 2nd one uneven lighting, some parts darker then others and other parts washed out and unfocused. $229.  broke my heart cuz I really wanted that scope..

next was the 2.5x10x40 compact with mount. mildot, ranging at 10x, 1/4moa, red/green IR,  BDC dial, laser with remote switch. again glass looked good, nice clicks but could be better, weight about the same as the 1x6. reticle was sharp and clear, lighting was 100% above the 1x6, tiny wash around the outter part of the reticle but still massive improvement over the 1x6.  on high setting it lite up the whole scope inside, I could see everything inside the scope. should do something in day light it seems..
so I went with the 2.5x10x40. $145.  it will hold me over for awhile til real funds come around..
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top