Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/13/2012 9:27:53 AM EDT
I have a LMT CQB 16" DI on it's way. Also on order is an Aimpoint PRO.The PRO has a mount and spacer included with it. My question - Is this a plug and play setup with the LMT and the Aimpoint PRO, or will I need to tinker?

I am thinking I would like the LMT iron sights to cowittness with the Aimpoint. Will this already be the case, or will it involve more customization?

How are the generic magnifiers quality wise?

Link Posted: 1/13/2012 10:34:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Sight in your irons, then sight in the red dot. After sighting in your irons, you can move the red dot to the top of the sight post as a reference and then dial in the red dot per the instructions. As far as witnessing, it depends on the type of mount (factory aimpoint, Larue, etc) you got with the aimpoint.

The only experience I had with magnifiers was the aimpoint 3x so I cannot comment on the generic ones.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#2]
The aimpoint PRo is a plug and play on my LMT. You take it out of the box and place it on the rail. The spacer and mount is a perfect co-witness for the iron sights.

The PRO has a clear rear cover. I don't quite know how it works, but if you leave the front solid cover closed you can pick up the rifle (keeping both eyes open) and you just place the red dot on the target. I actually think it works better for me with the front cover closed. The PRO with it's included base, mount, and lens covers is a great package for a great price. I am totally pleased.

Dusty Rivers
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 3:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
LMT MRP CQB and Aimpoint PRO

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer T1's on my MRP's due to the size and weight, but the pro is another great option. Simply zero and go.
Link Posted: 2/21/2012 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#5]
The PRO doesn't seem to add much weight at all. One really cool thing. The rear cover is clear and the front cover is solid. If you leave the front cover closed, you see the red dot, but not the iron sights. If you flip up the front cover, you now have red dot and co witnessed iron sights. You have your choice with the flick of your thumb. And either way works great for me with the mounted light and the Aimpoint PRO either plain red dot, or co witnessed.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top