Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Got mine today. I've been pleased so far with the quality of the glass and the reticule. I can't wait to get a mount for it and take it to the range on my A4gery. It's kind of a funny story how I stumbled upon this scope. I was a vendor right next door to Ed at the Amarillo gun show, selling an Arsenal AK74 in order to fund a TA31 ACOG for my A4 rifle. After looking at the scope though; I started giving it some thought. Since I actually use my rifle as a 'utility' rifle for hunting and hiking, I took a liking to the versatility of this scope. As soon as I got into the market for a new optic, the answer was right next door.

These pictures really don't do the scope justice, they're just some quick cell phone pics with horrible lighting. I'll try to get some better ones when I get a mount and take it to the range.
1X:

6X:

Box, manual and scope:

Link Posted: 11/13/2013 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Has anyone run this scope on a 300 BLK setup? Still saving my pennies to get one.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 4:17:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Love this scope, and Ed is a great guy to talk to:

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Liked the scope so much I built a new rifle for it.

Zeroed it for the prescribed 62 grain XM855 round, but my rifle seems to like the 69 grain Sierra BTHP that my father cooked up. If only I hadn't jerked the trigger at the last second. 5 shots of 69 grain BTHP @ 100 yards on the second pic.

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Liked the scope so much I built a new rifle for it.

Zeroed it for the prescribed 62 grain XM855 round, but my rifle seems to like the 69 grain Sierra BTHP that my father cooked up. If only I hadn't jerked the trigger at the last second. 5 shots of 69 grain BTHP @ 100 yards on the second pic.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3780/11192664994_71b9fa1d8b_b.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2822/11192660295_fa60dfc5b1_c.jpg
View Quote

I also seem to be grouping a bit tighter with 69gr BTHPs.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 10:02:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Got mine today. I've been pleased so far with the quality of the glass and the reticule. I can't wait to get a mount for it and take it to the range on my A4gery. It's kind of a funny story how I stumbled upon this scope. I was a vendor right next door to Ed at the Amarillo gun show, selling an Arsenal AK74 in order to fund a TA31 ACOG for my A4 rifle. After looking at the scope though; I started giving it some thought. Since I actually use my rifle as a 'utility' rifle for hunting and hiking, I took a liking to the versatility of this scope. As soon as I got into the market for a new optic, the answer was right next door.

These pictures really don't do the scope justice, they're just some quick cell phone pics with horrible lighting. I'll try to get some better ones when I get a mount and take it to the range.

1X:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3701/10393219405_b1044a2f00_c.jpg

6X:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5509/10393388513_bfe92cb9ce_c.jpg

Box, manual and scope:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5549/10393384913_56a1660aa6_c.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5487/10393200715_c2e273fa48_c.jpg
View Quote
Whats the distance in the pics? 100 yards?

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1X:

6X:

Box, manual and scope:

ETA: Just re-looked. At 6x it does appear to be approx. 100 yards or so, probably a little closer.  The horseshoe is 18 MOA wide (10 MOA wide within the window).  Top most mil-dots start at 4 MOA from the outer edge of the horseshoe.  Looks like the appropriate size for a human noggin to fill the space within the window.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
ETA: Just re-looked. At 6x it does appear to be approx. 100 yards or so, probably a little closer.  The horseshoe is 18 MOA wide (10 MOA wide within the window).  Top most mil-dots start at 4 MOA from the outer edge of the horseshoe.  Looks like the appropriate size for a human noggin to fill the space within the window.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1X:

6X:

Box, manual and scope:

So the horse shoe at 6x is about as big as a human head? If so then that is neat.

Link Posted: 12/5/2013 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So the horse shoe at 6x is about as big as a human head? If so then that is neat.  
View Quote

A'yup.

If the head of your target only fills half of the window, they're at 200 yards. If it fits in the 25/300 dot-circle point, 300. If it fits in the "4" circle, 400. So on, and so on.

ETA: Also, since it's a first focal plane scope, the range finding system works at any magnification, too.

ETA 2: When I went to zero the scope, I forgot to borrow my friend's laser rangefinder to find out where 100 yards was. Well, my target was a 12" x 12" target, so the actual diameter of the target circle should be around 11"-10". So, I just adjusted my shooting position until the circle fit in the horseshoe window. Just another little bit I thought I'd share.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 11:26:53 PM EDT
[#10]
What kill flash are people using for their GRSC scopes?
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 11:36:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
A'yup.

If the head of your target only fills half of the window, they're at 200 yards. If it fits in the 25/300 dot-circle point, 300. If it fits in the "4" circle, 400. So on, and so on.

ETA: Also, since it's a first focal plane scope, the range finding system works at any magnification, too.

ETA 2: When I went to zero the scope, I forgot to borrow my friend's laser rangefinder to find out where 100 yards was. Well, my target was a 12" x 12" target, so the actual diameter of the target circle should be around 11"-10". So, I just adjusted my shooting position until the circle fit in the horseshoe window. Just another little bit I thought I'd share.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A'yup.

Nice.

thanks for the info, and this will be the scope I get once I jump on the low variables.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 11:37:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
Is it even threaded to accept one?

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 11:46:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought I read somewhere that there might be a slip-on available for it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any slip on kill flash (30mm) will work.

http://www.eabco.com/Gadget01.htm
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 2:17:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Ed great job on your "newer" version. I grabbed a 1-4x a few years ago and love it. Anyone that shoots my AR always ask what scope I have because they love the reticle and want one.

My eyes are getting older I may have to save up for the 1-6x!
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 9:46:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 12:52:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Anybody out there using flip up scope covers, such as the leupold aluminas or the butler creeks?  Which ones from both manufacturers work?

I'm new to the variable mag scope world, and the grsc 1-6x is my first purchase, so I'm looking for some advice in this regard.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 2:55:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anybody out there using flip up scope covers, such as the leupold aluminas or the butler creeks?  Which ones from both manufacturers work?

I'm new to the variable mag scope world, and the grsc 1-6x is my first purchase, so I'm looking for some advice in this regard.
View Quote

Butler Creek had some nice ones with lenses, like the Aimpoint PRO's caps. I was entertaining getting a set to put on mine to help protect the lenses while still being able to use the optic, or if it got covered in mud I could just flip up the caps and then be able to see.

Alas, though. I'm selling my GRSC scope. It is a good scope, but I'm not sure the variable is for me anymore. I kinda like the parallax free aiming of red dots.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 5:26:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Butler Creek had some nice ones with lenses, like the Aimpoint PRO's caps. I was entertaining getting a set to put on mine to help protect the lenses while still being able to use the optic, or if it got covered in mud I could just flip up the caps and then be able to see.

Alas, though. I'm selling my GRSC scope. It is a good scope, but I'm not sure the variable is for me anymore. I kinda like the parallax free aiming of red dots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You bastage! (found your EE thread )
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 7:08:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Is the reticle a lil blurry or do you guys just suck at photos?
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'll be able to chime in tomorrow-have one coming in and I have pretty good eyes.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I'll be able to chime in tomorrow-have one coming in and I have pretty good eyes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Please let me know how illuminated, and non-illuminated looks like.

thanks

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

thanks    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks    

Here's some slightly better ones I took a while back. These are at 4x:

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks    

Here's some slightly better ones I took a while back. These are at 4x:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5485/10408503686_0e0e6c8e74_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5485/10408497974_14fbd63da3_b.jpg
Those look a lot better, and the reticle looks sharp.

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#25]
I just went over to pick up the scope from my mom's house (signature required) when I showed up one of her friends was there, a retired Army Ltc, (medical admin-being in San Antnio, go figure) who seemed very interested in it.  When I told him inside the horsehoe was 10", and the FFP set up, he really appreciated the design, and quickly picked up on the ranging functions and dashes-seemed very impressed.  The outline of the reticle is exactly like the picture above-very crisp in both black and illuminated-no blooming at highest setting at dust.  Very solid, more used to Leoplods and their weights.  I have a Larue 104 sitting in the gc-will mount it and sight it in the weekend.  So far I am very impressed-well thought out, came with 2 extra battries and tethered scope cups. Will report back after the weekend..  
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 1:57:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
FYI

We sold out our latest shipment of 1-6 scopes just before the end of the year.

But, we received another shipment just as we sold our remaining scopes.

One small problem with the new shipment:  Other than the ‘Made in Japan’ and serial #, our manufacturer left off the labeling on the ocular (rear) of the scope. These scopes ARE NOT labeled GRSC/NORDEN PERFORMANCE, etc.  However, this is only an aesthetic flaw - it does not affect the function of the scope in any way!!!!!

Our manufacturer has agreed to give us a discount on these scopes and we feel the best way to deal with this situation is to pass along the discount to our customers.

These scopes will be discounted $25.00 and carry the same warranty as any other GRSC/NORDEN PERFORMANCE scope. This $25.00 discount will be offered in addition to the Military, LE and FF discount.

Some people have addressed a concern that this may affect resale value.  It might - it could go either way. If you know the history behind the development of the 1-6 FFP Horseshoe reticle scope, you know it was GRSC/NORDEN PERFORMANCE/Ed Verdugo that led the industry with this type of scope. This is the scope that set the trend for the industry.  Therefore this small batch of scopes, as well as the few prototypes of these scopes, may see an increase in value in the future due to interest as a “collector’s item.”  Who knows?

These scopes are serial-numbered and recorded both on the sales receipts and in our system – so, it will not be an issue to prove that they are the real deal.

If you’re interested in buying one of these scopes, please call Norden Performance (424.257.7088).

For anyone interested in purchasing properly labeled scopes, another shipment just arrived and are available immediately, too.

Thank you
         Ed Verdugo

nordenperformance.com
View Quote

Ed, I'd be interested in picking up another 1-6x in the future.  I think it would be cool to have one without the laser etched label, so be sure to reserve one for me.

Ed
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Ed, any plans to do any of the Portland shows again in the near future ?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Hi Ed,

I have been using my CRS 1-6x scope with great results for the last three years.

What is the status with regards to your new .308 reticule coming out?
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 11:37:59 PM EDT
[#30]
I am really in the market for a good 1000-1300& 1-6x. I have been eyeballing, the Vortex Razor 1-6x24 for a while now, and I am mainly favoring their warranty.

I also am really favoring the GRSC 1-6x reticle, but what concerns me is the 2 year limited warranty.

Can any one tell me how durable these are?
I already like the the poster above me has had one for 3 years with no issues, but I am wondering how they would handle some abuse?

Has anyone ever taken one oversees?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:01:33 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I am really in the market for a good 1000-1300& 1-6x. I have been eyeballing, the Vortex Razor 1-6x24 for a while now, and I am mainly favoring their warranty, but the weight of that thing keeps making me second guess it.

I also am really favoring the GRSC 1-6x reticle, but what concerns me is the 2 year limited warranty.

I already like the the poster above me has had one for 3 years with no issues, but I am wondering how they would handle some abuse?

Thanks
View Quote
I do believe the GRSC was made for combat conditions, but can't say if any soldiers have used it overseas.

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:15:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I do believe the GRSC was made for combat conditions, but can't say if any soldiers have used it overseas.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am really in the market for a good 1000-1300& 1-6x. I have been eyeballing, the Vortex Razor 1-6x24 for a while now, and I am mainly favoring their warranty, but the weight of that thing keeps making me second guess it.

Thanks

Thanks juke
My thoughts are too that it is probably durable enough, but the only thing that concernes me is the short warranty.
That being said, I have yet to find in my search anyone who has had to use it. No negative reviews of it either. All seem to be positive.

I'm pretty much torn between this one, the Vortex, and the SWFA 1-6x. The Vortex being the heaviest, the SWFA coming in second, and the GRSC being the lightest.
Trying to take my time with the dissision this time around. I have been juggling around with red dots, fixed, and variables for the past couple of years

If it wasn't for my damn astigmatism, and and ageing eyes
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#33]
I just enjoyed Eds personnel and excellent service as of this week 6/27/2014.
It is not common that you get to communicate directly with the owner/operator of a company.
You can trust in the fact that Ed will be there for you if you have any issue with an item he promotes.
I am pleased that I had the good fortune of purchasing sight enhancements from Ed.
I understand that this is off topic, but hopefully it offers one members opinion that Ed and his brand of sight enhancement is an excellent combination.
Thanks Ed.... Matt P
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:21:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 6:06:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Hey Ed, would you recommend the .308 or the 5.56 reticle for a 300blk setup? I know I'm talking apples and oranges here, but I would like your input.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:40:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:05:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:04:50 AM EDT
[#38]
I've found the VCOG to be the best thing since sliced bread in the 1-6x realm, but those pics show that I need to check out a Kahles for sure. The FOV looks epic.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:14:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:39:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 3:50:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Update:
 The new reticle drawings are with our scope manufacture in Japan. We are waiting for two more scopes with the new 1200 yd BDC reticle. Hope to have them soon so we can wrap this project up and get the CRS with the new .308 reticle into production.
 We were out to the range a couple of weeks ago with my 14 year old granddaughter . Third time in her life out shooting and the first time on a .308 rifle. She fired 8 shots at the 20 by 35 inch target at a distance of 1,025 yds. using the Sig 716 with the M118 LR ammo. Just barely missed the first three shots. Found her aiming point and hit the next 4 out of five shots. I know TALK IS CHEAP!!!! WE got it on video.  Just went out and purchased the equipment  to do video editing. First editing class is tomorrow. I will get the video up ASAP.
 I can't wait to get this project done !!!!!!!!!!!

HURRY UP JAPAN !!!!!!

Ed Verdugo
Norden Performance
GRSC
View Quote

That's excellent news, Ed. I was actually revisiting this thread to ask if there were any latest developments on the 7.62/.308 reticle for the GRSC, and was pleasantly surprised to see that it will soon come to fruition.  I'll be one of the first in line to buy one.  Will the price be the same as the current 1-6x?  I'm looking forward to trying this out on my Ruger GSR.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:39:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Saw the vid on SigTalk. VERY impressive!
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Here is my granddaughter shooting at 200 300 and 1,025 yds.

14 year old girl hits at 1,025 yards!

Thanks
Ed Verdugo
Norden Performance
GRSC
View Quote

Making that poor girl wear that hat.  Lol
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:17:35 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd love to see some long term testing done on a SCAR17. I need to upgrade the 1-4x I currently have mounted, and I really like the looks of this scope and it's reticle.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#47]
I received my 1-6 this morning and promptly set it up in a bobro mount, thank you to Ed and Norden performance and bobro engineering for both their personal customer service.
I can not wait to get to the range with this scope.
looking forward to the .308 reticle as well.
thanks again
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:49:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
1,000 dollars I hope you dont price yourself out of the market...
View Quote

Umm... That's kinda right in the middle of that market.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#50]
I am very interested in the .308 reticle for my ultramatch Rainier Arms barreled rifle.  I can't wait to see it available.

Brandon
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top