Link Posted: 3/23/2012 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I was about to pull the trigger on an aimpoint t1 2moa, and magnifier but now this scope is making me think twice. I cant seem to find out how many hours you get out of 1 battery from the websites, If anyone know please tell me. All though even if the battery died you can still use the scope just not as fast for cqb and night shooting,
Link Posted: 4/28/2012 12:56:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/28/2012 9:21:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was about to pull the trigger on an aimpoint t1 2moa, and magnifier but now this scope is making me think twice. I cant seem to find out how many hours you get out of 1 battery from the websites, If anyone know please tell me. all though even if the battery died you can still use the scope just not as fast for cqb and night shooting,

The batteries will last about 60 to 70 hrs at the brightest illumination setting before you will see a noticeable dimming. The illumination doesn't just go dead and as you said the reticle is still very usable and fast for day time use with no illumination at all. Also there is storage for spare batteries in both the windage and elevation turret caps.

Ed Verdugo
grscinc.com

Thanks for the reply i will def put this as my top 3  low variable scopes to research and buy.

Link Posted: 4/28/2012 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#9]
The reticule on the scope and the 6X truly integrates the shooter with technical capabilities of the rifle when it comes to hits on target from CQB, to max effective range. I'm putting a video together with the 1-6x on a 16 in. 5.56 rifle at Ft. Campbell UKD range.
Link Posted: 4/28/2012 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was about to pull the trigger on an aimpoint t1 2moa, and magnifier but now this scope is making me think twice. I cant seem to find out how many hours you get out of 1 battery from the websites, If anyone know please tell me. all thought even if the battery died you can still use the scope just not as fast for cqb and night shooting,

The batteries will last about 60 to 70 hrs at the brightest illumination setting before you will see a noticeable dimming. The illumination doesn't just go dead and as you said the reticle is still very usable and fast for day time use with no illumination at all. Also there is storage for spare batteries in both the windage and elevation turret caps.

Ed Verdugo
grscinc.com

The battery is a 2032. I collected a bunch of them from broken car remotes.

I hardly ever turn on the reticle, I find it faster to shoot with it off. Just shot the Texas Multigun match with it, was shooting out to 480 yards.

Link Posted: 4/28/2012 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was about to pull the trigger on an aimpoint t1 2moa, and magnifier but now this scope is making me think twice. I cant seem to find out how many hours you get out of 1 battery from the websites, If anyone know please tell me. all thought even if the battery died you can still use the scope just not as fast for cqb and night shooting,

Ed Verdugo
grscinc.com

I hardly ever turn on the reticle, I find it faster to shoot with it off. Just shot the Texas Multigun match with it, was shooting out to 480 yards.

Sweet so the battery is the same as an aimpoint t1. Did You shoot the whole match with it off?
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The reticule on the scope and the 6X truly integrates the shooter with technical capabilities of the rifle when it comes to hits on target from CQB, to max effective range. I'm putting a video together with the 1-6x on a 16 in. 5.56 rifle at Ft. Campbell UKD range.

Did you get the video done?  Link?
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 9:33:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ed Verdugo
grscinc.com

Sweet so the battery is the same as an aimpoint t1. Did You shoot the whole match with it off?

I shot the whole match with it off, you still see the reticle but it is black instead of red. The reticle in black is very sharp easier to hit longer distences.

Link Posted: 5/16/2012 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/20/2012 1:21:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I went to Ft. Campbell to spend some time with my brother who's PCSing to Germany soon. I'm a former STA PLT. member from 1st Bn. 3rd Marines. I served quit some time in the Anbar Province, Iraq (Fallujah, Ramadi, Hit). I was looking forward to trying this optic out on the UKD Range ( unknown distance ). Sat. and Sun. (5/11,5/12/2012) and was met with full value wind from 3 to 9 with light, intermintent rain, with dark overcast cloud cover.
The 1-6x was used on my personal Stag Model 8 Plus Package (16' bbl. 1/7 twist) and a standard M4 (14.5' bbl 1/7). Ammunition was a mix of 75gr Hornady Steel Match(BTHP) and M855.
I worked out a quick 25 m zero then began to shoot. 200 boom, ding, "Hit".
300 same thing. Then I said what the hell let's see what this thing can really do.
I began quickly engaging all targets hitting just about every time.
The farthest target was a standard silouhuote at 800 yrds (760 meters?)! I put 150 rnds on the 650 700 and 800 with a 90% hit rate lol!
By this time quite a little crowd had gathered around me and so I let a 14 yr old kid have a go. He only spoke broken English and his father stated he had never fired a rifle before. This kid was hitting the 700 and 800 targets like he was a freaking sniper lol! This optic is great close range but AWESOME out at ranges with an M4 I could only dream about using an ACOG in the USMC. That first day I had no idea what the ranges where except for what the reticle using the "10 in." method told me! I'm not here to sell Sham Wows. I am just stating the facts. I'm currently still here at Ft. Campbell but when I get home I'll post some pics and try to post video of this amazing optic. Ed Verdugo, the designer, got it right on the money when he conceptualized what a soldier needs to make him as good as his weapon.  Rob Rogers USMC  Edit: btw if Justin has to go back to Astan, he's getting this scope.
Link Posted: 5/20/2012 1:26:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Heres a couple more pictures of LMT MWS  with the 1-6x CRS
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g71/grscguns/IMG_9962.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g71/grscguns/IMG_9964.jpg
Thank-you
Ed Verdugo
grscinc.com

She's lookin nice Ed! A step forward in inherent accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 1:06:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ed Verdugo
grscinc.com

I shot the whole match with it off, you still see the reticle but it is black instead of red. The reticle in black is very sharp easier to hit longer distences.

The battery isn't that important with these types of scopes.

I have had aimpoint and eotech but not anymore.

Battery life is all important with those RDS but with this variable even when/if the battery is dead you still have a scope with magnification and 1X also.

Link Posted: 5/26/2012 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Can someone compare the quality of the glass with recent offerings from Nikon, Zeis (Conquest) or Leupold? I'm intrigued with the design––but don't want to be disappointed in the clarity/brightness of the optics given the price point.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Can someone compare the quality of the glass with recent offerings from Nikon, Zeis (Conquest) or Leupold? I'm intrigued with the design––but don't want to be disappointed in the clarity/brightness of the optics given the price point. Thanks.

Page 17 and 22 have articles of interest on the GRSC and Leupold. The clarity is easily better than Nikon (Monarch line) or the Zeiss conquest line. It is similar to the Leupold (VX-6) but different. The Leupold has better illumination and a larger field of view but also greater distortion.
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 3:54:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
FYI
 I will be at the Tanner gun show (tannergunshows.com) this weekend in Denver Co June 2-3. I will have 1-6 and 1-4 CRSs for sale and mounted on rifles for demo. Hope to see some of you there.

Thanks
Ed Verdugo
grscinc.com

Ed,

I will hopefully be able to meet you in person and take a peek at your great scopes!  There is a great deal to like about them and can't wait to meet ya!

Mike

Link Posted: 6/2/2012 9:08:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Great News Ed!

My wife and I are leaving in a few minutes to head up there!  Really interested in learning about the scope.  

A buddy of mine is in a golf tourney today but may make it up there with me tomorrow as well!

Can't wait to meet ya!

Mike
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Great News Ed!

My wife and I are leaving in a few minutes to head up there!  Really interested in learning about the scope.  

A buddy of mine is in a golf tourney today but may make it up there with me tomorrow as well!

Can't wait to meet ya!

Mike

Ed,

My wife and I truly enjoyed talking with you today!  You really opened my eyes on just how the reticle works.

I can honestly say that actually being able to handle it and truly see how it works in action (albeit no rounds down range...Denver Police might have a problem with that ) really does do it justice!  I was VERY impressed at the ease of use.  Simple, solid, not overly HUGE as some scopes can be.

The drill you had me go through keeping both eyes open and scanning the convention center for targets really is that simple.  The bullet drop compensator portion is a breeze to see and makes it SOO much easier than other scopes I have seen.

Another nice feature is from one to about 1.5x the eyebox is just about right.  It is NOT a holographic image and people must understand that but for a Combat Rifle Scope....man it was fun!

Hopefully I can get back up there with some buddies tomorrow!

Thanks again for all the personal attention and giving us the rundown and philosophy of use!!!

Cheers,

Mike :)

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 2:02:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 12:58:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Ok, this is question is not to cause trouble, so please don't take it that way, but how does this scope compare to the SWFA SS HD 1-6? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 5:19:03 AM EDT
[#34]
I have no experience with the GRSC, and no one has any experience with the SS 1-6 since it doesn't exist yet, but it sounds to me like the optics should be comparable. Obviously they have different reticles.
Link Posted: 9/7/2012 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 11:55:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 4:10:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Nice groups Ed! I'm going over to the F&D  website to see what they got goin on.. Any weight difference or
malfunctions?
Link Posted: 11/3/2012 1:41:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 6:34:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 1:43:18 AM EDT
[#42]
I wish yall still made scopes under 500 for the poor college kids
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 9:00:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Hi Ed.  Would the MGM switchview work?

http://www.mgmswitchview.com/svstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=11

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks Ed.  Does it matter that there is a gap from the knob to the lever?  By the way, I was shooting balloons on a line at 130yds up a steep hill with my 1-6x24 GRSC CRS.  I have never had any formal "scope" training and I was able to zero and maintain 1/2 inch groups @ 100yrds.  This scope is incredible!  Everyone wanted to shoot and after 10secs of explaining the sight picture they were dead on!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee83/ccline3/kellycrs1s_zps53fbe44f.jpg
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 1:22:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 1:29:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Been using your 1-4 for a while now and it's been working out great!
Thanks Ed. If I go on another deployment to afghanistan I'll bring this.

The 1-6 looks great.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 10:12:26 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

FYI

Lots of talk on the internet about low powered scopes with lack of daytime bright illuminated reticles. Here is a video demo of the 1-6 CRS at 1x with the the illumination on and off. Targets are black on a black background.

GRSC/Norden Performance video demo 5

Thanks

Ed Verdugo

grscinc.com

Sweet video and I hope you guys become very successful, and then maybe one day you will design a precision scope as well.

Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top