Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2011 7:44:48 AM EDT
Hey all. I'm new to the AR world. Recently picked up a Colt 6920. I want to mount a scope on it, but I'm afraid the front sight will interefere when you look through the scope.

Can anyone recommend what to do or any parts that I could use to overcome this? Any pics of your solutions?

After hunting season is over, I want to remove the scope and return the rifle to its stock condition, so I don't want to mess around with moving or otherwise altering the front sight. Thanks so much!
Link Posted: 9/1/2011 7:59:51 AM EDT
[#1]

First off welcome to the forum.

Here's a couple of ideas for you.  The first one, where you would take off the carry handle and mount your scope rings to the mount might work depending on the size of your rings, and the height of the mount.

Brownells tech service could help you with the specs.

The second is a standard A2 scope mount.  This is an option, although it would affect your cheek weld somewhat.  I just chose the Smith Ent., there are cheaper models available at Brownells and on the net.

Good luck, and have a safe hunt

Link Posted: 9/1/2011 8:00:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Anything over about 3x you won't see the sight....even then it will only be a "ghost"
Link Posted: 9/1/2011 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome. Done and answered. Thanks!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top