Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2011 10:00:06 PM EDT
I know this is probably super obvious to the average guru,
but I was wondering if the Magpul Mbus pop up rear sight works with the stock front sight on a Bushmaster XM15-E2S?
I really want to ditch my carry handle, and just go flat top for mounting my eotech 512, but i don't really want to get into replacing the gas block and all the headache that I feel would come with it..

Please don't stone me to death if this is some simple beginner question, I'm just getting into upgrading my rifle, so I'm still a little wet behind the ears with it lol.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 11:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I was wondering if the Magpul Mbus pop up rear sight works with the stock front sight on a Bushmaster XM15-E2S?

Yes, it does.

Link Posted: 7/25/2011 8:20:02 AM EDT
[#2]
No it doesn't.  I am running a Bushmaster XM15-e2s with the Magpul MBUS rear sight and IT DOES NOT WORK WELL at all.  can you use it....yes but you are going to have to jack the front post so far up that the sight post wobbles and is only held in by one or two (at the most) turns.  BUT this is how it is going to be with all BUIS because it is the way that the Bushmaster makes the weapon and not how the Magpul sight is.  But anyways...I do not suggest the Magpul MBUS anyways.  It does not lock in the up position, it is bulky, and it is just not going to make you as happy as a Troy or Arms ect.  I know the price is lower but the quality is too.  Trust me..that is the same rig I am running and it is going to change.

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k558/thornejc23/BushmasterOutside.jpg
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No it doesn't.  I am running a Bushmaster XM15-e2s with the Magpul MBUS rear sight and IT DOES NOT WORK WELL at all.  can you use it....yes but you are going to have to jack the front post so far up that the sight post wobbles and is only held in by one or two (at the most) turns.  BUT this is how it is going to be with all BUIS because it is the way that the Bushmaster makes the weapon and not how the Magpul sight is.  But anyways...I do not suggest the Magpul MBUS anyways.  It does not lock in the up position, it is bulky, and it is just not going to make you as happy as a Troy or Arms ect.  I know the price is lower but the quality is too.  Trust me..that is the same rig I am running and it is going to change.

The Magpul BUIS does not stay locked in the up position for a reason.
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Magpul BUIS does not stay locked in the up position for a reason.

^^^^This.

Bushmaster offers a .40 taller front sight post for such problems. Part No:9349056-M:  Price $5.50
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the replies, I will be going with the raised front sight pin, and the pop up rear sight. Eventually, when I get a little more accustomed to working on my own rifle, I will replace the front sight all together, and go with a little better setup.  

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I had the same problem.  I purchased a Bushmaster MOE carbine.  Went to zero it and had to adjust my front sight until it was almost falling out and still hitting high.  I did a search on the internet and found that it is because bushmaster doesn't use the F-Marked front sight post.  This is an issue that they know about, yet sell a rifle that 95% of those who purchase, have to turn around and buy their .04" taller front sight post.  I went to GT Distributors (where I bought it) and they contacted Bushmaster about this.  The Bushmaster rep on the other end indicated that they know about the issue and are sending one of the taller front sight posts––only problem is that they are on backorder.  I have been waiting for almost a month now.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top