BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/17/2011 3:22:43 PM EDT
Anywhere currently selling ACOG's cheap?  Doesn't have to be new.  Yes I have checked the EE.  TIA.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Spitz this is relative to my interest as well.

I've been comtemplating going with the Bass Pro shops 6-pay plan or even with Sportsmans guide 4-pay plan. I just haven't pulled the trigger hoping to get a "great deal".

ETA: This post might help  http://www.quanticotactical.com/  coupon code AR15COM saves 15% at checkout.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:20:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I have ordered two from them so far and they have been great with customer service and delivery.
http://www.red-dot-scopes.com/acog-scopes.html
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Both of those places can be beat (QT by a lot) , call Brady at SWFA.com
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I just looked and SWFA's prices on ACOG's are WAY higher than Red Dot's. Am I missing something?  
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:49:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just looked and SWFA's prices on ACOG's are WAY higher than Red Dot's. Am I missing something?  

Yes, you forgot to read the last few words of my sentence ..LOL ... Look up at the bold red text  ^

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, you forgot to read the last few words of my sentence ..LOL ... Look up at the bold red text  ^

Oh okay, now I get it. Their site is just for giggles, you have to call and talk to someone specific to get a good deal. What was I thinking?
Link Posted: 3/18/2011 5:21:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Cheapest price is probably Botach. Whether or not you'll actually receive it is another story.

$700 for a Ta33R-8.
Link Posted: 3/18/2011 6:32:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have ordered two from them so far and they have been great with customer service and delivery.
http://www.red-dot-scopes.com/acog-scopes.html

I also had a positive experience dealing with red dot scopes, and would shop there again.
Link Posted: 3/18/2011 7:51:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quantico Tactical ran 20% off everything on President's Day.

I was ––––><––––- this close to getting an ACOG.  I didn't want to spend the money though

I've heard that they normally have a 15% coupon code, but I don't know what it is...
Link Posted: 3/18/2011 9:11:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Here is a breakdown of my recent quest for an ACOG TA31RCO-M4CP, suggested retail cost $1645.

Quantico Tactical
Website price $1398.25 + $9.23 shipping - Total $1407.48
Total shipped Price with 15% AR15 Discount code -   $1197.74
Total shipped Price with 20% Swat DiscountCode  - $1127.83
Stock - Out of stock when I called.

At recent Gun Show as I waved $100 bills in front of them (cash purchase), they said best price they could do for me was $1350 or even higher??. Seemed to not faze them when I mentioned I talked with them on the phone 2 days prior and was offered it cheaper after giving thme the AR15 code......odd.

Red-Dot-Scopes
Website Pirce - $1128.95 free shipping.
Using one of the 10 single use 5% Discount codes for 10 lucky people in their Industry Forum .. - Total $1072.50

BOTACH TACTICAL
Website price $1160 plus $11.50 shipping - Total $1171.50
"Buyer Club" Price $1150 plus $11.50 shipping - Total $1161.50
Sale price during recent 2 Day 15% off everything sale - $990 plus $11.50 ship Total $1001.50
Called to check stock, NO Stock and no ETA on stock.

B&H Photo
Recent Sale price at $999 with free shipping.. No Stock, no ETA on stock

SWFA.com
Website Pricing - $1397.50  
Sent IM to check Stock and ask for Price Match for $999 shipped since it is highlighted on their website "Will Beat ANY Price" and also in their username signature here.
Recieved IM, Yes in stock, they matched and Beat that best price without even asking me where I saw the other price (not gonna quote exact price without asking Brady)
Called at 4pm eastern on Tues, even that late in PM, it shipped that same day, arrived 3 days later on Friday.
Even though Trijicon Website said only the TA31RCO-M150 had the upgraded "external adjusters", the brand new TA31RCO-M4 from SWFA had the upgraded adjusters meanning it wasn't old stock and fresh build from Trijicon... and also meant no worries about the tritium age from older stock sitting around.
Now maybe you can understand why I said to call Brady :-)

Can't say for sure I got the price possible for the RCO with even more digging, but I am very pleased in every respect, price availabilty and service. Oh, and I made a new friend by making a phone call and chatting with Brady, super nice guy. Also learned a few things from his expertise, that alone was worth the call.

In a nutshell,  at least with this information you have a starting point from my months of research, just passing it on in case it will help you guys save some $$$ too.
Link Posted: 3/18/2011 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Great writeup 928M4.

I just ordered an ACOG from SWFA and asked them to price match it.  I was told that Brady won't be in until Monday and that he was the person who would handle that.  

I'll let you all know how that goes.

Link Posted: 3/18/2011 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Great writeup 928M4.

I just ordered an ACOG from SWFA and asked them to price match it.  I was told that Brady won't be in until Monday and that he was the person who would handle that.  

I'll let you all know how that goes.

Thanks, hope it helps.

BTW, send him an IM here in case he checks in on ARFCOM before Monday. That way you can start a dialog with what you want.. username is SWFA
Link Posted: 3/18/2011 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#13]
928M4: IM sent.
Link Posted: 3/18/2011 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Which ACOG are you looking for?
Link Posted: 3/18/2011 10:38:54 AM EDT
[#15]
TA31F
Link Posted: 3/18/2011 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm looking for a TA33-8 myself.
Link Posted: 3/19/2011 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Well SWFA sure came thru!!

That replied to the online price match request I submitted and gave me a GREAT price!  

Thanks for the suggestions and help folks.

Link Posted: 3/19/2011 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That replied to the online price match request I submitted and gave me a GREAT price!  

What kind of price did you get?  I did the price match against RedDotScopes.com and SWFA gave me a quote for $960.04 for a TA31F.  But I found a better deal in the EE so I'm going w/ that.
Link Posted: 3/19/2011 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind of price did you get?  I did the price match against RedDotScopes.com and SWFA gave me a quote for $960.04 for a TA31F.  But I found a better deal in the EE so I'm going w/ that.

Was this better deal from a dealer or individual?

Just curious.

Glad everybody is getting a great deal on the ACOGs...if you have never owned one before prepare to be blown away,  they make some nice chit :-)

Link Posted: 3/19/2011 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#20]
It was from an individual.  One of those mounted, put in the safe, never shot deals.  And it allowed me to offer a partial trade for a light and mount I was not using.  Worked out perfectly.
Link Posted: 3/20/2011 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I have purchased three ACOG's in the last 4 months.  A TA45R-2 on the EE here for $500, a TA31A on m4c.net for $550, and a TA11G on ebay for $800.  All in like new condition.  There is no better deal for an ACOG to be found than on EE's or on ebay IMHO.  You just have to be vigilant and patient.  Having just recently purchased a smartphone with the internet and being an insomniac have helped too.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have purchased three ACOG's in the last 4 months.  A TA45R-2 on the EE here for $500, a TA31A on m4c.net for $550, and a TA11G on ebay for $800.  All in like new condition.  There is no better deal for an ACOG to be found than on EE's or on ebay IMHO.  You just have to be vigilant and patient.  Having just recently purchased a smartphone with the internet and being an insomniac have helped too.

Nooooooo. Stick around awhile longer and you'll see the threads about the poor folks who get "taken" on there. High dollar items like Loopy MK4's and ACOG's tend to be fakes on there. Lots of shady sellers
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nooooooo. Stick around awhile longer and you'll see the threads about the poor folks who get "taken" on there. High dollar items like Loopy MK4's and ACOG's tend to be fakes on there. Lots of shady sellers

While this is certainly possible, and unfortunately happens with all kinds of optics, ACOG, Aimpoint, Eotech, etc.  But this has not been my experience, all real ACOG's here. Buy from people with good feedback and do some homework on the sight itself and you'll be fine.  YMMV
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 4:24:23 PM EDT
[#24]
If you're .mil/LEO you can get a TA01 for $542...
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

If you're .mil/LEO you can get a TA01 for $542...

where?

Link Posted: 3/21/2011 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#26]
B&H gun rack

ETA:  The price went up since I dealt with them last - $569

Link Posted: 3/22/2011 7:44:49 AM EDT
[#27]
I wanted to share my experience from a newbie...

Ordered the TA31HG from red-dot-scopes for a good price of $984.95 (on Friday after hours)

I called Monday because I didn't see any indication if it was in stock or not...it wasn't.

I cancelled the order and went to SWFA and requested the online price match.

Just got the approval email back and now ordered the same scope for $934.15...DAMN GOOD DEAL if you ask me....

The price match is wonder but the 110% Low Price Guarantee is off the charts great.  

I saved $50 from an already low low price....

Can't wait to get this thing...I splurged on the express shipping because I was already saving $$
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#28]
I also wanted to update everyone on my scope purchase.

I ordered a TA31FRMR from SWFA and then did the price match, which took off several hundred $ from the final price!.

The only thing is, the scope is on backorder so I'll have to wait.  

The folks over at SWFA were great and their prices are damn hard to beat!!

Link Posted: 3/22/2011 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Will they match Botach is the real question
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Will they match Botach is the real question

I don't believe Botach even carries the TA31FRMR.

And SWFA not only matched, actually they beat the price that Red-Dot-Scopes had so that more than good enough for me!!

Link Posted: 3/23/2011 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I wanted to share my experience from a newbie...

Ordered the TA31HG from red-dot-scopes for a good price of $984.95 (on Friday after hours)

I called Monday because I didn't see any indication if it was in stock or not...it wasn't.

I cancelled the order and went to SWFA and requested the online price match.

Just got the approval email back and now ordered the same scope for $934.15...DAMN GOOD DEAL if you ask me....

The price match is wonder but the 110% Low Price Guarantee is off the charts great.  

I saved $50 from an already low low price....

Can't wait to get this thing...I splurged on the express shipping because I was already saving $$

I am also a new SWFA convert. They matched Botach's price on the TA33R-8 and I got it for $679 shipped!

Link Posted: 3/24/2011 4:28:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Holy shnaz! Will be ordering one TODAY!
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I am also a new SWFA convert. They matched Botach's price on the TA33R-8 and I got it for $679 shipped!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHYYF4Rvw5tJI9WYaiqgZzPVY36J9lzekeJbMvZUI_HkfmFl9YNA

I probably jinxed myself by saying that before I have the scope in hand. Now watch, there will be some kind of huge delay with my order and I won't get it for three weeks. Wouldn't it be ironic if I got "Botached" by SWFA?
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 10:07:14 AM EDT
[#34]
some goods deals.

I might sell one of my Aimpoint Micros and get a ACOG.
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#35]
I sold an Eotech to upgrade to a TA33R8. I tried checking stock twice with Botach and was told someone would email me but they never did.  I did the online pricematch with SWFA and got it for $673 shipped. I ordered on Tuesday and got it today, Thursday. Now I'm just waiting for my Larue LT-105 mount and I'll be all set. By the way, this scope seems pretty awesome so far. The eye relief is very forgiving which is what I was needing.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2011 2:45:44 PM EDT
[#36]
How long did SWFA take on the price match? They said I had to fill out the online form and they would get back to me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2011 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
How long did SWFA take on the price match? They said I had to fill out the online form and they would get back to me.

When I did it they responded in a few hours (but I did it during normal business hours).  I had 10 days (iirc) to use the offer.  I ended up going w/ Red-Dot-Scopes.com.  I went w/ them because they  took PayPal and w/ the 5% off code in the Industry forum I got a TA31F for $935.70 shipped.  Ordered Monday night and the scope arrived this afternoon.  These things are smaller than I thought and very solid.      

Link Posted: 3/30/2011 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#38]
So SWFA priced matched Botach for you guys?  I sent a price match request over the weekend for TA33R-8.  I just received an email from them and they stated that Botach is not an authorized Trijicon dealer.  Due to this, they said they could not match it.  Anyone know what gives?

Thanks,

CougKev
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 12:38:18 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

So SWFA priced matched Botach for you guys?  I sent a price match request over the weekend for TA33R-8.  I just received an email from them and they stated that Botach is not an authorized Trijicon dealer.  Due to this, they said they could not match it.  Anyone know what gives?

Thanks,

CougKev

x2

I just got the same email from them about 10mins ago.

Edit:

I sent a message to member "SWFA" and he has not responded.  I know he read the message because it no longer is bolded in my sent folder.  

I do not think they will honor the price.

Link Posted: 3/30/2011 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Maybe after a few people took advantage of the deal they decided it was too good to continue doing it.

I was disapointed to say the least.

CougKev
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Maybe after a few people took advantage of the deal they decided it was too good to continue doing it.

I was disapointed to say the least.

CougKev

I hope that isn't the case, but it may be.  I want to buy two.  My one coworker and I would like to each order one.  

Link Posted: 3/30/2011 1:03:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,

CougKev

x2

I just got the same email from them about 10mins ago.

Edit:

I sent a message to member "SWFA" and he has not responded.  I know he read the message because it no longer is bolded in my sent folder.  

I do not think they will honor the price.

Wow, that sucks!

I filled out the price match form on their site and IM'd Brady (member SWFA) at the same time. I got the approval from the site first, then Brady IM'd me and said I could call him and have the price matched.

Kind of lame of them to honor it for some people and then change all of a sudden.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#43]
I got the same response from SWFA. Sucks, I was going to order an SS 1-4x24 at the same time.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Damnit, I procrastinated, but bought my 4 wheeler $800 under budget and was going to go to SWFA for the ACOG.

I guess I need to IM Brady and find out what the deal is. Can someone maybe direct him to this thread? Hell, if they can get within $20 of Botach, I'd still buy from them. If they're selling for $673 and still making a profit, most people are making HUGE profit on these things.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 1:32:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Damnit, I procrastinated, but bought my 4 wheeler $800 under budget and was going to go to SWFA for the ACOG.

I guess I need to IM Brady and find out what the deal is. Can someone maybe direct him to this thread? Hell, if they can get within $20 of Botach, I'd still buy from them. If they're selling for $673 and still making a profit, most people are making HUGE profit on these things.

I just got an email from Brady.  He said that he can take 15% off.

Link Posted: 3/31/2011 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#46]
15% off of their list price?  Do they match Red-dot-scopes.com?  If so, the Red dot price is just under $830 and if they beat the price by 10% then aren't you lookin at around $750.  That's not as good as Botach but better than 15% of their list price.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 3:25:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

15% off of their list price? Yes

Do they match Red-dot-scopes.com?  I do not know.

If so, the Red dot price is just under $830 and if they beat the price by 10% then aren't you lookin at around $750.  That's not as good as Botach but better than 15% of their list price.

Link Posted: 3/31/2011 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#48]
double tap

Link Posted: 3/31/2011 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Interesting, the Botach price has moved up to $870.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#50]
I've got a RCO M4 Ive been thinking about selling...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top