AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 9
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mousegunner do you have an o-ring or washer, etc in there to tighten the connection on the battery?

No.

Exactly how should the washer be installed under the cap?

Understand, it's not the issue of intermittent power under recoil, but a weak battery after very little use.  The new battery, using the same spring, gives significantly better illumination.

Gotcha.  I can understand the frustration.  I put an o-ring / washer with the center cut out large enough to clear the spring but tight enough to stay put.  SWFA's fix appears to be an adhesive felt that goes on the inside of the battery cap.  On another forum I learned the new versions have the spring on the opposite side of the illumination knob.  Haven't seen many issues on Snipershide, Opticstalk, and here to tie some consistency to the problem you're describing.  Sounds like you have a legit issue though - I'd suggest you contact SWFA and see what they have to say regarding the matter.  If you're only getting 15 minutes of max illumination - that's a big deal!

Also new (on the donut) model, is the removal of the 3, 6, and 9 posts outside the donut, which sounds like a great idea.

are they really changing the reticle to delete the posts or is this speculation?

That's what I'm hearing, but I'm still in the effort of confirming it.  Once I know I'll certainly pass it along.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 10:47:26 AM EDT
[#2]
also, whats the word on battery life?
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
also, whats the word on battery life?

On the expected duration? I'm seeing 8-10, maybe 12 hiurs of usuable illumination under most conditions...although I'm also of the opinion the illumination is there to supplement the black reticle. I couldn't offer more cause I rarely use it.

Eta, still waiting to hear about the design
Link Posted: 6/27/2011 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there any other scope out there that offers such a SFP/FFP set up?  Can't think of any and I'm looking around without much luck.

One thing to consider is whether SWFA is designing a scope with the best features, then pricing it accordingly, or designing to a price point, and including the most important features at that price.  It's easy to suggest a FFP/SFP arrangement, or a larger tube, better glass, or a million other options, but if it puts the resulting design out of the market for their intended customers, they will have failed in what they were attempting to do.

The SS 1-4x scope is an excellent $800 scope.  Once you remove cost as a factor it's easy to pick it apart for things it doesn't have, but I suspect that if you have to hold the cost where it is there isn't much that can be done to improve it.

I don't know what the cost implications of fixing this are, but I'm going to repeat my statement that the reticle is nowhere near daylight visible.  I took the SS 1-4x to the range yesterday under full sunlight.  Against a light earth berm the reticle was more visible *without* the illumination turned on.  With illumination on it became lighter, but certainly not bright, and had less contrast with the background.  I'm not saying you can't use it, but personally I won't turn it on unless I were shooting against a dark background, or in low light.

Since I haven't used the SS very much yet I'm assuming there's no issue with the battery getting weak at this point (less than 15 minutes of use of illumination so far).

Not suggesting anybody panic and start dumping the scope at half price, just pointing out that if you want something like the Meopta Meostar's bright dot, this isn't it.  And yes, the reticle design remains excellent, I just wish that it was brighter.

Hmmm...that's different from mine. I used mine a week or so ago on a sunny day and was looking into the sky and on level 11 I could see my lit reticle just fine and bright as my EoTech. But, I did have to turn it up the whole way to see it clear and bright like that.

I think I know at least what part of the problem is - battery drain when not in use.  I have about 15 minutes of use, at most, on my illumination, and found that the reticle was too dim for my taste.  Well, I just swapped out the original battery for a new one, and the reticle is now noticeably brighter than before.  I haven't got any bright sun and blue sky to test it against right now, but I want to test the scope again under worst case conditions.  This might be part of why people disagree on how usable the illumination is.

While the fresh battery did improve the illumination strength, it still didn't make it bright enough to be considered "daylight practical."  Compared to a Meopta, Swarovski, or S&B it's just not as bright.  When used in full sunlight the illuminated reticle becomes a very dull muddy red.  Only when shooting into the shadows does the illumination become readily visible.  Very useful under dim lighting conditions or in deep shadow, but not in full sun.

Yes, I realize that some people (most people?) don't care and are satisfied with the regular black reticle under normal conditions, but I'm just not one of them.

Link Posted: 7/6/2011 11:34:35 PM EDT
[#5]
So, was the battery issue fixed?
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 6:02:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So, was the battery issue fixed?

I found the original battery had lost substantial power despite not being used, but I don't know the real condition of that battery when I received it.  What I need to do is document the voltage loss over time for the new battery, without the illumination actually being used.  I plan to set up this test and document whether the circuitry is draining the battery even when off.

This won't happen overnight, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#7]
SWFA apparently did change the reticle design of the donut to remove the intermediate posts at 3, 6, and 9.  They also redesigned the rheostat's internals.  Looking to get one asap and post some comparative photos.  Happy shooting,

H
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#8]
interesting...let us know.  removing those bars should help unclutter the sight picture.  would it also help with battery life since there is less reticle to illuminate?
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
interesting...let us know.  removing those bars should help unclutter the sight picture.  would it also help with battery life since there is less reticle to illuminate?

Those bars were never illuminated to begin with, so there shouldn't be a change in battery life.  I'm talking about the donut reticle here.

ETA:  I also just got off the phone with an SWFA rep who stated that the battery cap spring issue has been fully resolved, but I didn't ask about the rheostat redesign.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#10]
right....i just looked again.  I was combining the two in my mind.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry for not looking thru all these pages, but has anyone compared a Burris XTR 1-4x to the scopes compared on page 6 ?  I really like the Burris XTRs reticle, but am not sure how it stacks up for the money.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Hokie,

Thanks for this comparison.  I just ran across this and you saved me hours and hours of research.  What are your thoughts on the SS compared to the GRSC 1-6?  I'm not even sure if the 1-6 is even out yet, but was wondering what you thought from what you heard.
Link Posted: 7/8/2011 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I think it's real easy to overcomplicate the low power variable.  Lots of fine options out there.  Set your 1X or 1.5X optic's reticle on target and let her rip.    We get into the weeds of comparing this against that, which results in long review threads and endless debate!  It's fun though, I have to admit.  I will say though, in conjunction with this particular thread - that some scopes offer advantages over others, depending on your intended use(s.)

The XTR itself is a nice scope.  Owned one awhile back, Gen 1 I think (the version w/o the tapered vertical post below the crosshairs.)  Wasn't a fan of the soft illumination rheostat.  I also felt the reticle's design, specifically the horseshoe, was too small at 1X (SFP design) to be of any real use in a low power variable.  I feel the same way about the Weaver Tactical - which boasts a similar reticle design.  The Weaver reminds of a cross between the XTR, Nightforce, and Tru-Glo (lol, it's illumination is red/green.)  Still, I'm not a fan of the dedicated BDC stadia as they're calibrated to specific loads, muzzle velocities, & a controlled environment.  All that stuff renders the entire concept of a reticle providing accurate bullet drop compensation muddy at best.  Unless it's an ACOG - which is simply an incredible morsel of technology.  Just my opinion on slaughtering paper targets past 200 yards.

The illumination on the XTR and Weaver Tactical are not as bright as the SS.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2011 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hokie,

Thanks for this comparison.  I just ran across this and you saved me hours and hours of research.  What are your thoughts on the SS compared to the GRSC 1-6?  I'm not even sure if the 1-6 is even out yet, but was wondering what you thought from what you heard.

Howdy, my pleasure.  I've never held or tried the GRSC 1-6 or any GRSC optic, wouldn't know where to begin! : )

Link Posted: 7/8/2011 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone have a link to this SS I keep hearing about, so I know I'm looking at the right thing ??  

thanks much
Link Posted: 7/8/2011 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#16]
http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-Scopes-C1719.aspx
Link Posted: 7/9/2011 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
SWFA apparently did change the reticle design of the donut to remove the intermediate posts at 3, 6, and 9.  They also redesigned the rheostat's internals.  Looking to get one asap and post some comparative photos.  Happy shooting,

H

Of course they change it after I already bought one.
Link Posted: 7/10/2011 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Where is the cheapest place to buy one of these SS's at ?  I'm sold on this one over the Burris XTR after looking at so many pictures.
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Anybody have pics of the donut reticle on a rifle with a FSB? 1x, 4x, illuminated and non-illuminated if possible? The pics Hokie put up of the unobstructed sight picture are very intriguing, but I'm wondering if the front sight post gets in the way at all, especially at 1x.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Where is the cheapest place to buy one of these SS's at ?  I'm sold on this one over the Burris XTR after looking at so many pictures.

I just picked one up in a "Group" Buy on Sniper's Hide forum. I got the scope, a Switchview, a Bobro QD mount and Butler caps for $799.99.
I hope to get out early before the heat tomorrow to zero it.

Link Posted: 7/21/2011 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anybody have pics of the donut reticle on a rifle with a FSB? 1x, 4x, illuminated and non-illuminated if possible? The pics Hokie put up of the unobstructed sight picture are very intriguing, but I'm wondering if the front sight post gets in the way at all, especially at 1x.  Thanks in advance.

I've bee meaning to but have been swamped between work, gub'ment, and home. I hope to have time next week.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Ordered another SS.  New illumination knob.  Does the same thing SWFA's field modification to existing rheostats.

Flawless functioning in both models now.  One has an o-ring I put in there, works just the same as the composite washer.  I used an o-ring instead as I thought it was less likely to move around.  Any washer would do as well, doesn't have to be foam, etc.  The other is the new design:

Link Posted: 7/27/2011 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hokie,

This is the exact quandry that I am in. I know that I like the GRSC 1x4, but like the 1x6 if it is available; unless I can be convinced the SS is the way to go.

subscribed.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#24]
So much more goes into a scope's worth than it's reticle.  Not knowing much about the GSRC, if I need 6X magnification I'd start saving for a Swarovski 1-6 BR/T or something akin to that.  Of course it'll run you double that of a SS.

Depends what venues you anticipate using your low power variable for.  I'm in the camp that if you can't see it with 4X magnification - you ought not shoot at it with a 5.56 cartridge.  

Have you checked that "low power variable thread" in the Optics forum?  Might be something in there about the GSRC, not sure.  Lots of great info there over a host of scopes.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hokie,

This is the exact quandry that I am in. I know that I like the GRSC 1x4, but like the 1x6 if it is available; unless I can be convinced the SS is the way to go.

subscribed.

I own both the GRSC 1x4 and the SS 1x4. Go the SS. Nuff said.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 3:31:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hokie,

subscribed.

I know you said nuff said, but I'd love to hear more. This old Army LRS guy would appreciate the opinion of a Jarhead Recon Monkey...
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 5:29:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ordered another SS.  New illumination knob.  Does the same thing SWFA's field modification to existing rheostats.

Flawless functioning in both models now.  One has an o-ring I put in there, works just the same as the composite washer.  I used an o-ring instead as I thought it was less likely to move around.  Any washer would do as well, doesn't have to be foam, etc.  The other is the new design:

Is this the "new model" that was being talked about a month ago?

If yes, is the new rheostat the only change? Did the reticule change, or is the illumination any brighter?  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 5:52:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this the "new model" that was being talked about a month ago?

If yes, is the new rheostat the only change? Did the reticule change, or is the illumination any brighter?  

Thanks.

Hi Hemo, yes this is the new revision.  They took the posts away at 3, 6, and 9. They also redesigned the rheostat dial.  I'm indifferent over the removal of the posts.  They didn't bother me in the least.  At 1X I thought the posts helped in driving the target acquisition - though I'm not one to really gauge the difference in speed. That fat black donut works real well for me on it's own.  To that end the extra FOV ain't a bad thing either.   At 4X, I'm looking through the donut, not outside.

Put a couple rounds of M855 through the gun when the new scope arrived.  No issues.  Everything else between the two versions is identical.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 7:22:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hokie,

subscribed.

I know you said nuff said, but I'd love to hear more. This old Army LRS guy would appreciate the opinion of a Jarhead Recon Monkey...

The GRSC has a great reticle, the SS is better IMO. Thicker, more distinct and easier to use from weapon to weapon if you so choose. Mil reading center in the donut appropriately sized and traditional use. The donut version picks up quickly. I have shot the GRSC a lot. I believe its an excellent scope but I do not believe I'd buy another with that particular reticle. It currently lives on a dedicated 5.56.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 5:58:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Hokie,

Just got off the phone with SKYLAR @ SWFA because of you...

Thank you, sir.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 6:41:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hokie,

http://www.opticstalk.com/uploads/298/KIT4.jpg

Thank you, sir.

lol...sorry!! Not really though, cause I bet you'll really like it.  Be sure to chime in with your feedback, good bad or ugly!  
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 7:06:06 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Hokie,

Thank you, sir.
lol...sorry!! Not really though, cause I bet you'll really like it.  Be sure to chime in with your feedback, good bad or ugly!  

Didn't I say that (last week) ? This deal has been around for some time and reported on various sites.

Posted: 7/21/2011 9:52:58 PM EDT

Quoted: Where is the cheapest place to buy one of these SS's at ? I'm sold on this one over the Burris XTR after looking at so many pictures.

I just picked one up in a "Group" Buy on Sniper's Hide forum. I got the scope, a Switchview, a Bobro QD mount and Butler caps for $799.99.

Bill Tidler Jr.

Good men must not obey the laws too well.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

~100/300~

Link Posted: 7/29/2011 7:29:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Hokie,
Thank you, sir.

Didn't I say that (last week) ? This deal has been around for some time and reported on various sites.

Posted: 7/21/2011 9:52:58 PM EDT
Quoted: Where is the cheapest place to buy one of these SS's at ? I'm sold on this one over the Burris XTR after looking at so many pictures.

Bill Tidler Jr.
Good men must not obey the laws too well.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

~100/300~

Wife called me at work, less than an hour ago, and told me that SKYLAR @ SWFA said my OTHER SS scope was in.  
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2556286&page=45
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/21/2011 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Is this scope comparable or better then a Leupold Mk4 or Burris Tac30? How is this scope in low light?
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 5:15:57 AM EDT
[#36]
The Tac30 has really good glass, at least the one I had did.  I sold it to fund a SS 1-4x24.  The glass is better on the SS, but the scope is also 2x the price, so I'd expect better glass.  The BDC n the Tac30 is only good at 4x, whereas the SS is a FFP scope, so the mil dots work at any magnification.  My only concern with the SS 1-4x24 is that battery life appears to be short.  For anything 200 yds and closer, I'd probably go with the Tac30, or actually it's replacement, the MTAC and a QD Burris PEPR mount.
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 6:40:29 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Is this scope comparable or better then a Leupold Mk4 or Burris Tac30? How is this scope in low light?

Quoted:

The Tac30 has really good glass, at least the one I had did.  I sold it to fund a SS 1-4x24.  The glass is better on the SS, but the scope is also 2x the price, so I'd expect better glass.  The BDC n the Tac30 is only good at 4x, whereas the SS is a FFP scope, so the mil dots work at any magnification.  My only concern with the SS 1-4x24 is that battery life appears to be short.  For anything 200 yds and closer, I'd probably go with the Tac30, or actually it's replacement, the MTAC and a QD Burris PEPR mount.

I made the mistake (apparently) of commenting in another thread that I thought the SS 1-4 was worth the extra money over the TAC 30/MTAC and was promptly attacked for my opinion. The attacker seemed to think opinions can't be given here without citing several outside sources and/or extensive personal testing so I now will risk another attack and say the SWFA 1-4 is better and worth every penny I paid for it !

Link Posted: 9/4/2011 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:17:11 AM EDT
[#39]
I've been researching scopes for some time for a 3-gun build. I think this is going to be it after being quite certain for a while that a tr-24 was the ticket.
One concern on the reticle is a quick yet precise aiming point at 1x. If SWFA is considering updates to the reticle any time soon, an option for a ~2/3 mil dot at the intersection of the crosshair would give a wonderful ~2.2 moa dot for 1x use 0-200 yds, but would not be too obtrusive for 300yd+ holdovers using the mil hashes (would even give a couple of extra hold off points).... seems to me that would make it.... perfect.

I'm afraid the circle at ~100 moa may be too big, and the crosshairs too fine, at 1x to make quick tight shots at say 35 yds+ when the circle starts to become larger than an ipsc target.

This may be my solution regardless, but having a fast 1x aiming point would put the icing on this cake, imo....

-rvb
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#40]
It's a great observation and right on the money.  Every scope has its pros and cons, and the SS is no different.  I find the donut doesn't offer the shooter much past 25 yards based on it's dimension.  From 25 to say 50/75 yards it'd be nice to have an illuminated aimpoint point - although it's importance varies on the shooter.  Now I'm of the opinion the donut easily "ghosts" your target and the crosshairs are real easy to pick up.  Still, if I was an active 3-gunner (which I'm not,) a beaming aiming point below 100 yards would be advantageous.  Really depends how much time you spend in what ranges/venues.

For a comprehensive and quality do it all low power variable that's not reliant on batteries, the SS is a hard ticket to overlook.  Especially with respect to glass quality, FFP reticle, and .1 mil turrets.  It's donut is in my view fantastic below 25 yards.  Given what I use my AR(s) for, the SS fits the bill and then some.  Wouldn't want any other option I've seen to date, granted a few options have suraced in 2011 I haven't had the pleasure of trying out yet.  Currently my SS sits on an AR10 carbine.

Pros and cons, like everything else.  Best of luck in your decision!
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#41]

rvb, I use the SS for 3gun and carbine matches.  Originally wanted a dot in the middle too since I was used to Aimpoints in the past.  Much preferred the dot (Aimpoint) to a halo (EOTech) for all the shooting I had done before starting up in 3gun.

I use 1X on the SS out to 100y with no problems, as I've gotten used to the scope.  The donut does not hinder target location IMO.

However, I do think that your comments are valid in that the center bright dot would be beneficial, and I think I mentioned as much earlier in this thread or perhaps another SS thread.  The versatility of the SS, to me, stands out though.

Hardly an expert though.

Reference:

Quoted:

I've been researching scopes for some time for a 3-gun build. I think this is going to be it after being quite certain for a while that a tr-24 was the ticket.

One concern on the reticle is a quick yet precise aiming point at 1x. If SWFA is considering updates to the reticle any time soon, an option for a ~2/3 mil dot at the intersection of the crosshair would give a wonderful ~2.2 moa dot for 1x use 0-200 yds, but would not be too obtrusive for 300yd+ holdovers using the mil hashes (would even give a couple of extra hold off points).... seems to me that would make it.... perfect.

I'm afraid the circle at ~100 moa may be too big, and the crosshairs too fine, at 1x to make quick tight shots at say 35 yds+ when the circle starts to become larger than an ipsc target.

This may be my solution regardless, but having a fast 1x aiming point would put the icing on this cake, imo....

-rvb

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:55:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Hokie,
Yes, I suspect the circle will do a great job of centering the target for the eye, and will be screaming fast on <10 ys targets where the circle is under 10" on the target, so I'm definately not suggesting removing it. It's the intermediate ranges that concern me (especially if a no-shoot is inches away), and those intermediate ranges (15yd - 200yd) are where I would be doing a majority of the shooting...
I'm not suggesting they change the existing reticle... Too many people would want the precision currently offered or will be dialing in, but I think a 1/2-2/3 mil dot would REALLY open the 3-gun and other "practical" market for SWFA. IMO, it would be a simple change that could add to their existing line-up. [Do it to 6x and try to keep up w/ demand!] :)

-rvb
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 9:04:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for the input, AustinWolv,
It's not that I'm terribly used to dots. I used an eotech for a short while, but mostly an irons guy (though I do have my Master card in uspsa open, so most of my dot experience is w/ pistol). So this will be my first real scope. Do you find yourself focusing on the reticle to make those 100yd 1x shots? Or is it still pretty subconscious to snap the crosshairs onto the target? Wish I could play around w/ one w/ a shot timer for a few hundred rounds......... big $ decisions!

-rvb
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#44]

rvb, on the 100y stuff, I'd have to say that I'm seeing the crosshairs moreso than the donut.  Can't say that I'm really paying attention to the donut so it kind of 'fades' away for me.  For  the up-close stuff, I do notice it and just kind of center the donut around where I want to hit.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
rvb, on the 100y stuff, I'd have to say that I'm seeing the crosshairs moreso than the donut.  Can't say that I'm really paying attention to the donut so it kind of 'fades' away for me.  For  the up-close stuff, I do notice it and just kind of center the donut around where I want to hit.  

I guess what I was getting at is do you have to look FOR the crosshairs? ie is it take two steps, first locate the crosshairs, then get them on target, or are they obvious enough at 1x to just get them on target?

-rvb
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess what I was getting at is do you have to look FOR the crosshairs? ie is it take two steps, first locate the crosshairs, then get them on target, or are they obvious enough at 1x to just get them on target?

-rvb

I think I'd have to say that you do have to find the crosshairs at first..........doing this from memory, so I'd have to mock it with the gun to feel better about my answer, but from memory it seems that eyes are on target, put the donut around it as the gun is mounted, then pick up the crosshairs (which are definitely thinner/less bold = have to find) at which point the donut doesn't really stand out to me anymore, then in going from target to target I'm putting the crosshairs directly target to target = not searching for the crosshairs.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#47]
The crosshairs are thin on 1x, but im not having any trouble picking them up for long range (100y) shots..  Ive caught myself using the fine crosshair to center a precision shot on a small obscured target at only 10-15y.

However, 2-2.5x is my preference if Im expecting a mixed 20y/100y stage, and the crosshairs are quite easy to find on 2x.

I think I only use the circle for very fast/close shots (common at the local IPDA matches, but less so for 3gun.

Awesome scope for 3gun, for sure.  No regrets here.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 2:45:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#49]
wrong area sorry
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:29:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Hokie,
Yes, I suspect the circle will do a great job of centering the target for the eye, and will be screaming fast on <10 ys targets where the circle is under 10" on the target, so I'm definately not suggesting removing it. It's the intermediate ranges that concern me (especially if a no-shoot is inches away), and those intermediate ranges (15yd - 200yd) are where I would be doing a majority of the shooting...
I'm not suggesting they change the existing reticle... Too many people would want the precision currently offered or will be dialing in, but I think a 1/2-2/3 mil dot would REALLY open the 3-gun and other "practical" market for SWFA. IMO, it would be a simple change that could add to their existing line-up. [Do it to 6x and try to keep up w/ demand!] :)

-rvb

Trying to combine everything into the perfect 1-4 optic has been a wild goose chase for a long long time.  Everyone wants an affordable FFP 1-6X daylight illuminated precision optic for 0-600 yards with BDC, endless battery life, self adjusting turrets calibrated to the reticle, and an audible sexy female voice with a slight spanish accent to submissively say your name before indicating the target's range....accurate to the 1/100th inch.

But...that said, I totally agree with you, lol....

Page / 9
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top