Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2010 7:09:19 AM EDT
Im on the fence on whether I want to by an ACOG TA31 with or without RMR.

If I can, Id like to buy without it (to save money upfront) so I can add it later on down the road.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I also want to know if there are some special TA31 models that I should get. I see sometimes I suffix after the TA31(ex. TA31F). What does the suffix mean? is there i suffix i should try to get or avoid?

My goals are 4 by 32 magnification (for 100 to 200 M shots) and the bidon aiming concept for up close targets / target acquistion. eye relief isnt a huge
concern for me in this caliber.

Also, would an ACOG work (other than bullet drop compensator) if I switched out to a 6.5mm upper?

Finally do the basic model TA31's have any type of BUIS (back up iron sights) .

This is for my LAR-15 Rock River, w/ 16" 1:9 twist barrel
Link Posted: 11/29/2010 7:16:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Trijicon makes a mount for the RMR that clamps onto TA31 ACOGS. You can view the mount on Trijicon's web site. It is under the RMR accessories.

ETA:  The suffix refers to the type of reticle that particular ACOG has.  I don't know all of the reticles but I do know the TA31F is a red chevron as that is what I have.  The H is the horseshoe reticle and the HG is a green horseshoe reticle.  That's all I know but the Trijicon web site tells all.

MadDog
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top