Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2010 5:06:34 PM EDT
I would like your opinion on a folding BUIS that has elevation.   What are people using?    I see all the BUIS with windage but I would like both windage and elevation.  I want to fit it under a 3X magnifier.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#2]
+1   The KAC 200-600 Micro is a great choice if you have the means
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 10:58:07 AM EDT
[#3]
those two are adjustable for range, but do any BUIS have elevation adjustments so you can zero the rifle at a certain range without having to rely on an adjustable front post?
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 1:04:16 PM EDT
[#4]
You can zero the MATECH to your hearts content at any of the ranges it allows, however most people zero at 25m and use a BIS only as a "Back Up" when the prime optic goes down.

Not sure why the front sight bothers you as even with a carry handle you use the front sight to adjust your elevation zero.
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You can zero the MATECH to your hearts content at any of the ranges it allows, however most people zero at 25m and use a BIS only as a "Back Up" when the prime optic goes down.

Not sure why the front sight bothers you as even with a carry handle you use the front sight to adjust your elevation zero.

because it would go on a SIG556 that is using the fixed front sight that has no elevation adjustment.
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 5:14:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Matech I got off the EE for $40.  Check there for one if your interested they pop up all the time.
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
+1   The KAC 200-600 Micro is a great choice if you have the means

Ditto.

Link Posted: 11/24/2010 7:20:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Wilson Combat makes one that allows for elevation and windage adjustment.
Link Posted: 11/24/2010 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I have that one, too.  It's too bad I am "apperture sensitive" and can't build tight groups with that sight.  Wilson Combat's BUIS really is good.  Built like a tank.  IMHO, if you are going to use it purely as a BUIS, the apperture will be just fine. but for building tight groups, not so much.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top