Im looking for some decent lightweight optics that will work for deer size hunting with an AR 70g .223. Im leaning to leupold ultralight or perhaps burris timberline fullfield - its a .223 - for use at modest ranges, say 200 yards or so max:
pretty much set on ome of the following –– thoughts? Ive been pretty happy with my other burris, although the leupold is a bit lighter in physical weight.
Not trying to plug anything, but of these which might be best for an AR
1) Burris Fullfield II Tactical Rifle Scope 2-7x 35mm
2) Burris Timberline Rifle Scope 3-9x 32mm
3) Leupold VX-II Ultralight Rifle Scope 3-9x 33mm
4) Burris Fullfield II Rifle Scope 3-9x 40mm
5) Burris Timberline Rifle Scope 4.5-14x 32mm Ajustable Objective
The FFIIs are nice scopes and the BDC works well for an AR. I have a Timberline and a FFII and I would suggest the FFII in 2-7x35 for an AR platform.
Originally Posted By steve_77:
AR optics (Burris Fullfield vs Timberline vs Leupold ultralight) - for utilitarian/hunting ?
What is a utilitarian use of a scope?
I had a Burris FFII 3-9x40 and it was pretty nice on my AR out to 300yds esp for only $190. The BDC was great with Fed 55gr.