Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2010 9:12:12 AM EDT
I recently purchased Troy back-up sights from Larue.  After mounting and shooting them I realized I was always shooting high while trying to adjust them elevation wise.  Well come to find out the front gas block on my Stag ar-15 where I mounted them is like a quarter inch shorter.  Do they make an adapter to raise the front sight up level with the rear?  What should I do?
thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2010 4:21:20 PM EDT
[#1]
It the front sight you have meant to go on a rail or on the gas block?  Sounds like you might have a front sight meant for a rail.
Link Posted: 3/30/2010 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#2]
ya it sounds like i have a sight to mount on a rail, but I dont have a rail, so I have to spend money on either buying a rail, or buying a new front sight?  they dont make an adapter or anything?
Link Posted: 4/2/2010 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, an adapter is available.  Yankee Hill Machine makes one, and somebody else might too but this is the only one I'm aware of.
This will attach to your gas block and bring your Troy front sight up to the proper height.

YHM-230
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Now you have an excuse for a low profile gas block and a Daniel Defense Lite rifle length rails.

or a Troy TRX Extreme top rail.....
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#5]
you should have researched before buying... troy sights ARE and always HAVE BEEN designed for mounting on a rail or gas block that is the same height as the upper receiver rails...
Link Posted: 4/5/2010 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Troy makes gas block front sights.

Maybe you could return the standard height front sight and get the one made to be mounted on the gas block?

That way you don't have your sight hanging on an adapter.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top