Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2009 2:49:26 PM EDT
I did a search nothing came up and there is a thing on Aimpoints but is there anyway to spot a fake ACOG. Odviously the price is one way but if your buying it from someone is there any key things to look out for.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the serial number and email / call Trijicon.  They will let you know if it's legit.  For a $1000 scope, I'd call the factory and verify it's legit, not leave it up to my eyes/hands to figure it out.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Get the serial number and email / call Trijicon.  They will let you know if it's legit.  For a $1000 scope, I'd call the factory and verify it's legit, not leave it up to my eyes/hands to figure it out.

this  +10000000000
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Facogs are easy to spot. No facogs have tritium and all the real ones do. I would certainly call Trijicon up to verify the serial but that is to make sure it is not stolen govt property. Lots o stolen ones floating around.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I have used and looked through many real acogs, all it takes for me is one look through the glass and you can typically tell by the crapynes of the retical in the fakes, and most dont have magnification.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 2:28:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Facogs are easy to spot. No facogs have tritium and all the real ones do. I would certainly call Trijicon up to verify the serial but that is to make sure it is not stolen govt property. Lots o stolen ones floating around.

Fake ones will also have fiber optic tubes that do nothing to the reticle.  They are there just for looks.  The above in red worries me more when thinking about buying used ACOGS.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top