Author
Impeach Obama
Posted: 3/30/2009 5:19:37 PM
Well, my front and rear flip up sights are installed and I'm going to the range tomorrow to zero them. I'm running an ARMS 40L in the rear and an MI flip up front sight. The windage adjustment on the rear sight is self explanatory, but ummmm, *noob alert* how do I adjust the elevation of the front sight?
VA-gunnut
Because I said so, that's why!
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/30/2009 5:27:05 PM
Use the FORS rule when adjusting the sights.

Foward

Opposite

Rear

Same

Meaning the front sight moves in the opposite direction that you want the bullet to impact, and the rear sight moves in the same direction.
Have you visited your Hometown Forum today?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=8

"Site Staff remembers when you could buy a keg of musket balls for $1.75"
Vettely
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/30/2009 8:35:39 PM
Also, borrow a AR sight adjustment tool for elevation on your front sight. The tool makes it easier.
Camaro822
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/30/2009 8:49:10 PM
worse case scenario, use the tip of a bullet and spin it in the direction you need. Unscrewing (lefty loosey) it raises it, tightening it (righty tighty) lowers it. If you are shooting low, lower the sight. If you are shooting high, raise it.
Hero
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/31/2009 6:00:40 AM
Originally Posted By Vettely:
Also, borrow a AR sight adjustment tool for elevation on your front sight. The tool makes it easier.

Get one of these. Cheap and easy.
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." ~ Thomas Jefferson
Pro2AinPA
Impeach Obama
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/31/2009 8:06:45 AM
I'm going to the range after work and don't have time to buy a tool. I'm assuming I need to depress the little detent with something and then turn the post. What's the MOA adjustment for each notch on an A2 FSP?