Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2009 5:01:15 PM EDT
I notice that the DiamondHead rear flip-up sites are no longer displayed on the Troy website?  Were these a limited-run item? Or is there some other reason for them not being displayed as purchasable?
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 9:55:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Send them an email.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#2]
huh, I saw them there the other day and now they are gone.  I bought one, hope it isnt a recall issue.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya, I bought one as well, and it got here yesterday.  It's pretty sweet, (sight picture is easier for me to establish with a diamond versus a circle) so I hope they haven't stopped selling them for some reason. Dunno
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know what the story is with these?  I know I saw them on their site a few weeks ago, but I can't find them there now.

I sure hope they didn't recall/discontinue them.  I have one set already, and want another one soon.
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#5]
***UPDATE***

I called Troy, and they said that they are redesigning the diamondhead aperature.  It won't be available for some time, so I guess we'll have to wait.
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#6]
They could put tritium dots them and make them night sights.
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That would be nice!

Link Posted: 4/8/2009 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be nice!

They have versions of their other sights with tritium.  Check out the Troy Industries site
Link Posted: 4/8/2009 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be nice!

They have versions of their other sights with tritium.  Check out the Troy Industries site

I know they do, but I want a Diamondhead sight with the tritium.
Link Posted: 4/8/2009 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be nice!

I know they do, but I want a Diamondhead sight with the tritium.

Srry mate, wasn't trying to be a jerk

As I recall, whenthey still hadthe diamondhead sites for sale,they had a version with tritium, but I could be mistaken.

Either way, it'svery likely that they will release a version with tritiumwhen they re-release the normal version.
Link Posted: 4/8/2009 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone knowwhat the problem with the original design was?

I ask because I have one of the original design in my possesion.
Link Posted: 4/8/2009 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Probably just minor improvements in the manufacturing process.  Happens all the time.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#13]
green tritium for the front and yellow for the rear would be nice.
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm about to find out if Troy stands behind their Diamond BUIS product.  Earlier today I tried installing a Troy Diamond BUIS on my CMMG and the attachment screw would not tighten.  Seems the screw is just a hair short to fully engage the threads on the clamp part.  The tolerance of the screw to clamp part appears fairly loose.  Off of the weapon, the Daimond sight attachement screw tightens into clamp part, but on the CMMG A3 upper it doesn't tighten.

It's kind of a bummer because I had a range trip planned for tomorrow to get the Diamond sighted in.  Hopefully Troy will replace the unit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2009 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#15]
How do you know its the Troy unit and not the upper that is out of spec?
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 12:43:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Are the Mirrorsight and Troy Diamond Ap sights the same?

Who owns the patent?
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 3:18:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Are the Mirrorsight and Troy Diamond Ap sights the same?

The Mirror Sight and the DiamondHead are not the same, but the DiamondHead on ShieldShot's website is what Troy offered, under license I believe.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top