Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/16/2007 5:33:34 PM EDT
I have heard good things about the Colt 4x scope for an A2 carrying handle, but have been unable to find any places to buy.  I found knock-offs and copy's that sell for like 40 bucks, but I doubt these are the quality scopes I was referred to look for.  Anyone have one and think highly of it?  Where can you find these nowadays? Thanks all.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 6:25:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I know some of you are using this scope, share the wealth on where you found it
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got one of these and love it.  Been very happy, especially with the money I saved just by not having a pony on the side of it...  Made in Japan by the makers of the original Colt 4x scopes.

Hakko

Link Posted: 4/16/2007 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can't find one I could pull one off a rifle for you. Its not the same as the above pic and COLT marked(I have to think of a price) If interested IM your e-mail and I can send pics.

Rich
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#4]
RICKY,
Does that scope have the same reticle as the Colt one that accounts for bullet drop, also how comfortable is the scope in regards to how close you have to be to it, any problems w/ lighting? thanks
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#5]
 Bullet drop, I belive so......  I moved the mounting stud up so the scope would sit back a little further because you had to put your head to far forward.  I'm at work and when I get home I'll post a pic.

Rich
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 1:55:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Huskydog; that's a good catch!  That's actually the main reason I ordered the illuminated reticle model.  The non-illuminated reticle version looks like it pushes the scope further up the carry handle.  Look at the mounting hardware.

Non-illuminated reticle version - click

The illuminated reticle version like I have is also a little heavier than I expected.  It's not really bad; but it'll surprise you.  I'm not sure how clear the optics are on the Colt.  This one has a very-very slight yellowish tint to it.  Not sure if it's supposed to or not.  Oh, and don't be surprised if the instructions in the box are for a different scope!!  

Getsome - it does have the bullet drop compensator figured for a .223 caliber bullet out to 500 meters.  I haven't shot it in low light conditions; but I don't think it would be a problem.  The optics are pretty clear; and the illuminated reticle has adjustable brightness settings.  It's pretty comfortable.  I've got an adjustable stock set at the 2nd position (from the fully extended) and it's comfortable.  It sits really tight to the carry handle.

Overall I like the scope.  I'd go with the old Colt if you're looking something proven to be reliable.  Go with this one if you're looking a little magnification at a reasonable price.  I haven’t shot mine enough to say it'll last for 20,000 rounds; but it's held up to 200 rounds fine!

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been thinking about getting one of these; is it waterproof at all? How bout a pic of the reticle?
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The non-illuminated reticle version looks like it pushes the scope further up the carry handle.  

Brother, you aren't kidding! The illuminated version is much more comfortable to use. The optics are the same length.

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#10]
These pics have been PRIIIIIIIIIICELESS.  I've been waiting for some actual owners to show up as I look at the page at CDNN that has both (70 an 100 dollars respectively)....

I have a colt lightweight sporter 16" and a colt gov't a2 that both need these.  I'm torn on which one to get for them!?!?!  maybe the lighted for the sporter to amke it semi-cqb capable and the std one for the gov't model?  any thoughts?  do I go one of each, two of one?
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#11]
CDNN Illuminated Hakko
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'd love to see a reticle pic

hakko illuminated. Unlit it's just black
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Cagney and Lacey...

Illuminated Reticle
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:49:13 AM EDT
[#15]
wow you jsut made CDNN 200$.    I like the siomple colt style duplex, but given that the BDC is knob managed and not reticle managed, I'm going with the lit one.  Now the question is do I buy and try it, or is there gonna be a run on them now so I should buy two?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:11:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I think I might have to pick one up
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:01:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Do the illuminated and non-illuminated have the same style of reticle?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Nope, the non-illuminated version has a standard duplex reticle like a traditional hunting scope.

I noticed a few of these scopes mounted on detachable carry handles. Anyone know if these could be made to work in a LaRue mini-acog mount? (ducks for cover)
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone know if these are still made in Japan? I remember some posts on other models of Hakko's that are now made in China and the quality has suffered. TIA
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Does anyone know if these are still made in Japan? I remember some posts on other models of Hakko's that are now made in China and the quality has suffered. TIA

I got mine in the winter and it is made in Japan
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Yep - Japan.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top