Previous Page
Page:  / 8
Author
Posted: 9/12/2003 10:09:00 AM
...absolutely top notch. He got me set up with a TA31 at a great price in record time.

My primary carbine is now right where I want it, thanks to Mike.

Zak-Smith
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2003 3:32:33 PM
Ditto. Mike Cecil is a pleasure to do business with, and a nice guy to boot. He recently hooked me up with another TA11. -z
StormSurge
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2003 6:50:59 PM
#1: He stayed on after quitting time when I had trouble getting my credit card to clear at the website... #2: He told me about the 5% discount, and voided my order so that I could re-order and save a few bucks... #3: He hooked me up with a TA-31F at an amazing price when I couldn't even find one elsewhere... So, in my eyes, he's: DA MAN!
Justyntym
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2003 7:26:10 PM
Got my TA31 from Mike and Co. Thursday. I said it before, if it weren't for CS and Mike, I would not have TA31 sitting on top of my rifle now...or probably ever. GREAT price and GREAT service.
Orygun
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2003 7:34:54 PM
Looks like Mike and CS Gunworks will soon be advertising here on AR15.com. The only problems with those two are as follows...I didnt even know what customer service was until dealing with Mike. This excellent service, combined with the OUTSTANDING prices at CS Gunworks will then cause my main problem...all of my spare cash will be flowing his way. The prices at CS Gunworks seem impossible to beat. Thank you Mike, Thank you CS Gunworks, Randy
Indecision may or may not be my problem.
AK_Mike
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 3:14:30 AM
I wasn't aware of him until a few days ago. I was looking for a dirt cheap red dot. CS offers to get me one they know about, even though they don't stock it. All that for a really low priced item they won't be seeing hardly any profit on. Talking about going out of your way...I'm impressed, and now I will be a customer.
"I'll never fully trust people with cheap guns. I think they're all moments away from being criminals." - Tweak
amuroray
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 6:29:44 AM
Hopefully other established AR15.com dealers would try to catch up with CS Gunworks. Competition among dealers is a very healthy thing.
C4iGrant
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 8:43:56 AM
Amuroray, many other AR15.com dealers offer the same prices (or better) on the same gear and don't charge $20.00 for shippping! C4 [url]www.gandrtactical.com[/url]
www.gandrtactical.com
Orygun
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 12:21:12 PM
C4iGrant, I dont want to sound like an a$&hole, or cross any lines here, but will you ever welcome some much needed competition and diversity for consumers who are shopping for gun related gear? Low prices are a HUGE incentive for consumers to shop at store A versus store B, but many people will swayed by customer service and attention to detail. Take a look at what kind of comments people are making about Mike and CS Gunworks...it says alot for what makes consumers happy and loyal. Is it just me or are you very "anti" Mike and CS Gunworks? (I can understand this due to the fact that as of this time they are not industry partners with AR15.com and you are.) Will you still feel the same way when they are an industry partner with AR15.com? Once again, I am NOT trying to cause problems, just making some observations. Randy
Indecision may or may not be my problem.
C4iGrant
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 2:37:08 PM
[Last Edit: 9/13/2003 2:37:23 PM by C4iGrant]
Hey Randy, I have nothing against CS and am sure that they are a stand up company and I wish them all the luck. I don't even mind that they are plugging their company on here and haven't paid a dime in dealer fees. What I find funny is that folks on here think that CS gun works is the only company with good deals on gear. I just felt like setting the record straight on pricing. I am looking forward to CS becoming a dealer on here and helping sponsor the site.... C4
www.gandrtactical.com
Bud
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 4:14:09 PM
CS Gunworks also has a great website that is easy to navigate through. None of that "email me for price" BS. Simply place your order and it is taken care of. BTW, this is a completely unsolicited endorsement. If anyone wants to jump in and hawk their own business or disparage Mike, start your own thread. I tried working through 4 dealers who advertise here on AR15.com, and not a single one had what I wanted in stock, or had a competitive price. I had to fight credit card charges with 2 different dealers who were happy to charge my credit card but not deliver the promised merchandise. Mike took care of me. That means a lot.
BuLLet
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 4:40:35 PM
[Last Edit: 9/13/2003 5:25:15 PM by BuLLet]
Funny, after reading a post here about 2 weeks ago I went to cs's website filled out the member thing and did some browsing. Then the very next day I get an email from mike asking me about how/where I found out about them. I replied that I saw a post here about ta31's and that cs was recommended. And I mentioned that I was looking to buy one as well. Here's the funny part, this was about 2 weeks ago, I've yet to hear a peep out of him since. I found that odd since he had contacted me in the first place with a few questions. I would have figured in the very least he would have gotten back to me about the ta31 but, not a single word. I usually ignore those types of emails but, he sounded sincere and I wanted that ta31, so I responded back to him. edited to add: I just checked my emails it was 8 days ago, not quite 2 weeks.. :)
MaverickMkii
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 4:44:25 PM
[Last Edit: 9/13/2003 4:46:31 PM by MaverickMkii]
Yep he is amazing. I had two problems with my order and he really put his efforts into solving it. Also, unlike some other vendors, he admitted his company has had made some mistakes. I really appreciate that attitude. I don't know about other stuff, but his Trijicon prices are also very competitive. If I'm going to buy another Trijicon product I know where I'm going to.
amuroray
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 4:54:14 PM
Who could beat the price of a $864.08 TA31F shipped? $22.50 shipping/handling included of course.
C4iGrant
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 5:12:10 PM
BUD, I apologize for my website being a hassle for you. I will do my best to make it better in the future. I will however, [b]NEVER[/b] list prices on it. The reason you ask? If you list prices, you have to use the Minimum Advertised Price according to the contract you signed with that company. So I ask a horrible thing and have customers e-mail me for prices. [;D] I also learned another lesson from a dealer on this board. If you list a price and the manufacturer changes their price to you then you have to honor the quoted price to the customer. Since my prices are generally very low that would mean that I would have to eat the difference. We @ G&R are always looking for constructive criticism so if you have any suggestions about anything please e-mail us @ [email]gandrtactical@verizon.net[/email] Thanks, Grant
www.gandrtactical.com
C4iGrant
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 5:16:44 PM
Amuroray, well I know of one dealer that will [:D]. Just ask Spooge5150..... C4
www.gandrtactical.com
PPD
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 10:04:01 PM
[Last Edit: 9/13/2003 10:11:15 PM by PPD]
I dealt with Mike on one occassion - last week. Mike, who saw my WTT: Leupold M1 3.5-10 x 40 for TA31, answered my add. In the end, Mike did practically an EVEN TRADE for my M1 which is something NO OTHER DEALER I know of would ever do. Not only that, he shipped me the NIB TA31 via UPS BLUE as part of the deal so I could have it in time for a qualification. What more could you ask for??? All I can say to other dealers (many of whom I've bought from before, and will buy from in the future) is this: If you want to attract business, then be competitive; have the items in-stock; and list your prices! If CS Gunworks can LIST a NIB TA31 for $793 on their website, and deliver, then all the power to him. Apparently he has no problem ADVERTISING and DELIVERING on those prices. EDITED to add: When I brought the scope to the Post Office for shipment, it cost me EXACTLY $20 for shipping, insurance and delivery confirmation.
bvmjethead
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 10:16:01 PM
[Last Edit: 9/13/2003 10:31:02 PM by bvmjethead]
Originally Posted By amuroray: Who could beat the price of a $864.08 TA31F shipped? $22.50 shipping/handling included of course.
This guy will. [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=179668&w=searchPop[/url] He sometimes does better pricing for members of AR15.com.
[-=(_)=-] I don't trust anyone in the government.
C4iGrant
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 10:23:40 PM
PPD, congrats on your trade. It sounds like you got a good deal. If CS would like to post prices that go against a manufactures "MAP" that is their choice. I choose to follow my contract so they don't pull my dealer status. I would like to once again state that I have nothing against CS at all. They seem to put customers first, which is the most important thing. I am just trying to make folks aware that other dealers offer the same or better pricing.... C4
www.gandrtactical.com
KevinB
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 10:27:23 PM
[size=6]I am looking forward to CS becoming a dealer on here and helping sponsor the site....[/size=6] Me too.
Your Village called - they want their Idiot Back...
Justyntym
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 10:27:46 PM
C4iGrant - Hey, no offense but I scrounge, search, and browse a lot of websites looking for info, prices, pictures...I hit one that says "E-mail me"....I'm gone. You guys don't even have pictures of your stuff. My point is there are enough other websites out there for me to find what I'm looking for without going thru the hassle of e-mail you for what I want. Maybe I don't know what I want till see how much, maybe I don't know what I want yet period or trying to decide between several things. It easier to hit another sight. My browsing and pricing etc. is part of my thought process on deciding what and when and how much...another example is..I've got this gunshop I go to (not to often) and every gun has a pricetag and every pricetag is face down. I've got to call the guy over, on every gun, just to see how much it is. I know after 3 or 4 gun browsing or questions, he's getting po'd (lol). I've bought several guns this year and NONE from him. As far as updating pricing and websites, I've seen CS change DAILY as quanity and price change. So it is not impossible. Could your price and service have equaled what I got from CS...maybe, but with your website layout and policies..we'll never know. BTW, when I bought by TA31 I was just browsing but Mike and CS answered all my questions and made it so darn easy...I jumped at it! I wasn't planning on getting one for 3 months, I'm glad I didn't wait...going to sight it in tomorrow and don't have to worry about price increases and/or availibility.
Justyntym
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 10:34:19 PM
BTW members, let us not forget that G&R Tactical Outfitters are board sponsers and deserve respect and support. I certainly did not mean anything but a constructive viewpoint in my earlier post. I am just very happy with my dealing with CS and in no way (other than the web site policy) ment any knock on G&R as I have not had any dealing with them...yet.
C4iGrant
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 10:38:20 PM
Justyntym, no offense taken! My web site is under heavy construction (just got my own domain) and need to upload tons of pics and more of the gear I sell. I unfortunately have another job working for the USAF and can't spend enough time on the web site. While I understand your frustration with having to e-mail for pricing I feel it a good way to do business. Most times my customers e-mail me their needs and I go through a series of questions to ID what fits them best. I will think about listing MAP prices with a little note to the side saying "if you don't like retail e-mail me!" Thanks for the input... C4
www.gandrtactical.com
C4iGrant
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 10:40:15 PM
LOL well I don't know about the "deserve respect" thing, but I appreciate your comments.... C4
www.gandrtactical.com
bvmjethead
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 10:42:33 PM
[Last Edit: 9/13/2003 10:58:37 PM by bvmjethead]
I THINK this is the point that C4iGrant is so gently trying to make. It's pretty tiring when you've come such a long way in starting a business, you go through paying to be a supporting member of this site. Then you pay additional fees to be a dealer on this site. Then someone who does not pay to be on this site comes on and touts the service and pricing of a dealer who does not support or even post on this site. NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE. Paying or non-paying members. I'm just telling you how I would feel were I in C4iGrant's shoes. ALSO, this public service announcement is only my opinion and does not reflect the opinion(s) of G & R Tactical Outfitters whatsoever.
[-=(_)=-] I don't trust anyone in the government.
C4iGrant
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2003 10:45:50 PM
BVMJETHEAD, would you like to be my public relations officer???? [:D] I could use a guy like you in my company! C4
www.gandrtactical.com
  Previous Page
Page:  / 8