Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/16/2017 6:01:16 AM EDT
All,

Has anyone located a magical place to buy either the PMag M3 with window or the Lancer opaque or smoke 30 rd mags (both in black)?

I've located a few places that have them somewhat priced well ($12 for PMags and $14 for Lancer) but then they try to hose you on shipping.

Cheers
M
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 6:08:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
All,

Has anyone located a magical place to buy either the PMag M3 with window or the Lancer opaque or smoke 30 rd mags (both in black)?

I've located a few places that have them somewhat priced well ($12 for PMags and $14 for Lancer) but then they try to hose you on shipping.

Cheers
M
View Quote

botach gets the Lancers in for $12-$13 with free shipping if you buy 6 or more... comes in waves for the sales
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 6:58:19 AM EDT
[#2]
@Brownells has the Lancers on sale (qty 10) and they are a site sponsor.

Check the industry forum for coupon code.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:42:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#4]
just out of curisity, what makes a Lancer worth almost double the cost of a Pmag? I've been getting Pmag's for $6.99 - $7.49 a pop the last 6 months and lancers LOW end is $12-$14 a mag (going up to $16-$17 normally). not trying to bash them, I'm honestly curious what makes them worth twice as much as your average pmag
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:56:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
just out of curisity, what makes a Lancer worth almost double the cost of a Pmag? I've been getting Pmag's for $6.99 - $7.49 a pop the last 6 months and lancers LOW end is $12-$14 a mag (going up to $16-$17 normally). not trying to bash them, I'm honestly curious what makes them wo6rth twice as much as your average pmag
View Quote
Good question and I don't have an answer. I started another thread asking that same thing.

I never even heard of Lancer until my new LaRue arrived with one.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
just out of curisity, what makes a Lancer worth almost double the cost of a Pmag? I've been getting Pmag's for $6.99 - $7.49 a pop the last 6 months and lancers LOW end is $12-$14 a mag (going up to $16-$17 normally). not trying to bash them, I'm honestly curious what makes them worth twice as much as your average pmag
View Quote
Metal feed lips, theoretically more durable.  Translucent smoke is just cool, also easier and faster to see at a glance how much you have remaining over the window.  Baseplates don't bulge out, can be stacked in a dual mag pouch.  I think they are supposed to be compatible with a wider variety of stuff, including anything that works with USGI mags.

This is mostly all theoretical to me, I haven't used any of my mags long enough to test durability/reliability differences.  Except for that no-brand cheap poly mag that I bought at a gun show for a "just in case" 30-rounder prior to the election.  Didn't even have a rifle yet at that time.  Threw it away after first range trip, FTF every time on the last 3 or 4 rounds.  Tip driven into roof of receiver, side of case crushed against the barrel extension.  Waste of ammo :(
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#8]
The metal feed lips are not theoretically more durable they clearly are more durable without a doubt.  They do not crack or break.  IS that worth a premium? only you can decide.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 1:07:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Lancer at DSG Arms - $10 and change, if you are eligible for the LEO/Military/Veteran discount.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top