Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/11/2017 4:55:37 PM EDT
I apologize if this question has been answered in the past but I can't find one.

2 mags. do not allow rounds to chamber as the bolt is stripping them from the mag. It just stops. My other mags work fine.
I've been thinking I dropped them sometime but I would have remembered that. However, the only thing that makes any sense is a bent tab which hold the cartridges in the mag.

What do you guys think. Can I repair them or should they be thrown away.

One is a 5 round mag and has no markings.
The other is a 5 round mag and on the base has the Colt logo and underneath that is marked Hartford Connecticut, USA. It is a 2 piece mag. with the lower part being black plastic. I have other Colt mags. which work flawlessly.

Thanks for any replies.
Roy
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 5:02:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Magazines are disposable items.  It one don't work, take the spring, follower and floor plate for spare parts and chuck it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Would you post some pics of the offending mags, please?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:17:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:11:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Magazines are way, way too cheap these days to waste any time trying to fix a bad one.  Like said already, they're supposed to be disposable anyway.  Consider those two mags consumables that have been consumed, and buy yourself a mess of new ones.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top