Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/4/2017 7:48:59 PM EDT
I like to make my own morale gear and thought these would be a lot more fun than numbers or skulls.
So, do these qualify as weaponized memes?

Attachment Attached File

Left to right:
Shit storm
Pepe outline
U Mag Bro?
I Do Not CAIR (glyph)
Come At Me
St. James "Bowie" Cross
Like a Boss
Pepe colorized
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Paint or decal? I have one I am trying to get down to mag size and having problems getting it done...
I am thinking, shrink the pic, then cut the outline out, but can't seem to get the detail into the cutout...
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:04:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Laser etched.
I did the digital art in a vector format and sent that and mags to molonlabe.com for production.
The colorized Pepe started with the etched outline and was then painted by hand with a Sharpie used for the outline.
I've tried using a razor knife to cut masking templates but the results were shite so I went digital/laser.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Paint or decal? I have one I am trying to get down to mag size and having problems getting it done...
I am thinking, shrink the pic, then cut the outline out, but can't seem to get the detail into the cutout...
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 2:56:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Pretty cool
what did they charge to do the mags? and how long did it take?
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pretty cool
what did they charge to do the mags? and how long did it take?
View Quote
Thanks.
I had a whole bunch of them done and provided the mags, so you'd need to contact molonlabe.com for standard qty pricing. Their standard pricing on in-house designs with them supplying the Pmag is $18.95.
Turn around was good, between a week and two on my custom stuff. Since they now have the designs above on file you can get them made without any design hassles or set-up fees. Just ask them about the meme mags.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Which flash hider is that?
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Which flash hider is that?
View Quote
Precision Armament AFAB
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Very pretty.

I had no idea anyone was doing anything like that.  Pretty neat.

Thank you for letting me (us) know about it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 10:29:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks. Would be nice to have my 6.8 mags etched
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top